What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: When would you get a better deal on a hot tub?  (Read 6344 times)

Dee Dee

When would you get a better deal on a hot tub?
« on: April 18, 2006, 01:32:45 pm »
I am told if you want to buy a car and can wait, you can get a better deal if go on Christmas Eve, or on a very cold, snowy day.

Is there a time of year that you can get a better deal on a hot tub?  If so, when is it?

Thank you,
Dee Dee

Hot Tub Forum

When would you get a better deal on a hot tub?
« on: April 18, 2006, 01:32:45 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: When would you get a better deal on a hot tub?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 01:36:51 pm »
I am told if you want to buy a car and can wait, you can get a better deal if go on Christmas Eve, or on a very cold, snowy day.

Is there a time of year that you can get a better deal on a hot tub?  If so, when is it?

Thank you,
Dee Dee

Dee Dee,

I'm not a dealer, but when/if I ever buy another tub...I think it's early spring to get a deal on last years left overs.  The new year models are out, the dealers may still have last years sitting around and want to move em out, and they have a few "home show" and floor models demo models kicking around.

07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 01:37:29 pm »
We're closed Christmas Eve.

Good time to buy a HotSpring is in May (National Arthritis Month, big sale) and usually the first week of December (factory shutting down, dealers disposing of year end models, less selection).

Worst time to buy a spa is at the fair or roadside sale.  

Good luck with your shopping! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

hymbaw

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 01:41:59 pm »
Right now!!!!
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 01:45:46 pm »
I have a question.....Have you ever walked onto a car lot and there was not a sale going ?....Have you ever been to a Best Buy when TV's were not on sale ......My point is when you are ready to buy a spa a reasonable deal will always be there for you....It is true that you may walk in at a certain time and for some uncommon reason a particular spa may be able to be bought at a special discount ....but it is a timing thing and in reality when you are ready most of the time people will want to work with you....I think and this is based on my sales experience in large ticket retail items that when a buyer lays their cards on the table a reputable sales person will work hard to earn your business....I do not think the game of cat and mouse actually is the way to save but being direct and polite in most cases will get you your "Best deal" no matter the time of year.....
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 10:01:25 pm by Mendocino101 »

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 02:08:25 pm »
I've heard end of the month, end of the quarter (not necessarily calendar quarter....might be fiscal quarter).

My dealer was having a "tent" sale the last week of March.  In addition to good prices, they were offering 24 months same as cash.  It might be coincidence, but this happened the last week of the 1st quarter.

I'll watch for late June to see if they're running another "tent" sale.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Dee Dee

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 02:38:23 pm »
So, during a "tent" sale things could be cheaper - makes sense, I guess they do this to get rid of some of their inventory.   I thought that during a home show, you might get a better deal, but since reading this board, I have learned differently, because someone has to pay for the show...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 02:56:37 pm »
It also cost to promote a tent sale....any special event sales add to the cost.....You hope that the promotion will add to a higher number of sales but no matter the event it is going to cost you money.....Again I think that when you find the right spa for you....than be direct with who you are dealing with ask about any up coming event sales and can they today match what ever they will be offering at that event ...I think it will be most unlikely that anyone will say no to you.....

jim97219

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 03:08:10 pm »
Offer to pay in cash.  Credit arrangements, either 90 (or however many) days same-as-cash or via a credit card, all cost the dealer.

On the other side of that coin, do be aware of the after-the-sale leverage you get when you use a credit card.

Jim

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 03:09:00 pm »
Offer to pay in cash.  Credit arrangements, either 90 (or however many) days same-as-cash or via a credit card, all cost the dealer.

On the other side of that coin, do be aware of the after-the-sale leverage you get when you use a credit card.

Jim

didn't work for me.   >:(  

But always worth a try.
07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 04:19:07 pm »
I'm curious for those dealers here who care to answer-

How much, really, does a "cash on the barrelhead" offer sway you on price?  

Brewman

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 04:27:08 pm »
I'm curious for those dealers here who care to answer-

How much, really, does a "cash on the barrelhead" offer sway you on price? Ê

1 to 2%.  Virtually equals credit card fees.  I'd rather give that money to the customer.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 04:28:22 pm »
The Great Escape dealer in Northern Illinois is knocking off $700.00 off an 06' Optima if I pay cash. That brought the total down in the low 8k area. Now, I know that's a good deal. In fact, I believe that's a good price before the cash incentive.
Yes, that includes everything! ;D

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 04:29:13 pm »

1 to 2%.  Virtually equals credit card fees.  I'd rather give that money to the customer.

I offered to split it with the salesman....look if I use my CC you pay $300 more. Take  the cash and drop the price $150.

No dice.

Some owner dealers can also avoid taxes if you pay with cash, but that's illegal and I  am sure none of the dealer here would ever think of not fully reporting all thier income. Cash sales or not.   ::)
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 04:42:54 pm »
What are taxes?

Actually, if you provide a doctor's prescription, you do not have to pay sales tax.  I've had maybe 3 or 4 people who didn't want to go to the doctor.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 04:42:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42