What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Are the new 06' HS jets interchangeable?  (Read 3187 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Are the new 06' HS jets interchangeable?
« on: April 21, 2006, 02:32:48 pm »
Is it possible retrofit an older Hotspring spa to the new 06' jets to get the stainless look? I know you can't just add the stainless rings. Can you replace the entire assembly to accomplish this? My dealer told me yes but I think he's misinformed.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

Are the new 06' HS jets interchangeable?
« on: April 21, 2006, 02:32:48 pm »

shabba34

Re: Are the new 06' HS jets interchangeable?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 02:37:02 pm »
Yes you can.  He is giving you correct info. ;)

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 02:47:18 pm »
It is interesting.  If I had an 'O6 model I would be willing to give you my stainless steel rings for the plastic ones.  In other words, I am glad that mine is the way it is.  The new look is way too bling bling for me.

Bill

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 02:56:17 pm »
OK, I'll go on the trading list if anyone wants the non-bling version--only a few months old. I guess you probably can't see much once you're in the water though.

I could have sworn that Chas said they were not compatible. I'll have to find the post.

It is interesting.  If I had an 'O6 model I would be willing to give you my stainless steel rings for the plastic ones.  In other words, I am glad that mine is the way it is.  The new look is way too bling bling for me.

Bill

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 10:37:05 am »
The letter I read from the 'mother ship' as Term calls it said that the bling part is not interchangeable, but the important part IS. I will make a personal experiment out of it today if I'm not too busy writing up deal after deal.

I know for certain that the nozzle part can retrofit - you take out the nozzle, nozzle retainer, and then unscrew the back plate. Then a new style jet simply screws into place.

I like the new jet design better than the old - fewer parts.

So far most of my customers say they like the new Bling bling look of the Sterling Silver rings.*

BTW - do any of you think that it's funny when a Sundance Dealer tells a customer that their jets have no moving parts? Then the person asks, "are they adjustable?"
The dealer then jumps in and says, "of course! Just move this ring this way and that ring that way...."

[size=10]*In some parts of the country Stainless Steel is substitued for Sterling Silver.[/size]
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

shabba34

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 11:39:18 am »
The letter I read from the 'mother ship' as Term calls it said that the bling part is not interchangeable, but the important part IS. I will make a personal experiment out of it today if I'm not too busy writing up deal after deal.

I know for certain that the nozzle part can retrofit - you take out the nozzle, nozzle retainer, and then unscrew the back plate. Then a new style jet simply screws into place.

I like the new jet design better than the old - fewer parts.

So far most of my customers say they like the new Bling bling look of the Sterling Silver rings.*

BTW - do any of you think that it's funny when a Sundance Dealer tells a customer that their jets have no moving parts? Then the person asks, "are they adjustable?"
The dealer then jumps in and says, "of course! Just move this ring this way and that ring that way...."

[size=10]*In some parts of the country Stainless Steel is substitued for Sterling Silver.[/size]
I conducted that experiment yesterday, and the housings swapped out just fine. ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 12:06:47 pm »
Cool ! Or, uh, HOT, I guess I should say.

There ya go.

:)

shabba34

Re:
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2006, 12:40:59 pm »
That's the question at hand?  I don't know.  You would have to purchase all new housings.  I'll try to find out.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2006, 12:45:03 pm »
OK, thanks pkud and Chas. About how much to retrofit an Envoy? My wifes B-Day is coming up and I might suprise her with some bling. I mean bling jets.  ;D    

I conducted that experiment yesterday, and the housings swapped out just fine. ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 06:42:08 pm »
I just tried it: the regular jets and the soothing seven jets swap just fine. I may even put some into the '05 Sov I have on hand to dress it up a bit.

I haven't tried the smaller jets, and they don't look like they are the same.

Vanguard

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2006, 12:56:10 am »
The precision, or mini jets, are NOT retrofittable.  The jet is a new jet this year.  The other jets are retrofittable as a whole unit.  As mentioned earlier, you cannot simply add the stainless.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2006, 02:50:36 pm »
Well, 'as a whole unit' I guess you mean the internal part. The jet body stays put, and you could even reuse the spinner or straight nozzles if you want. The Soothing Seven internal is a one-piece unit with no removable nozzles.

I'll be offering these parts as soon a I can get a price on them Monday morning - let me know if you want to upgrade....

or you could go to your local dealer, I suppose... :'(

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2006, 02:50:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42