What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question to Full-foam dealers/techs...  (Read 6673 times)

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
Re: Question to Full-foam dealers/techs...
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2004, 12:57:17 pm »
Do not,  I repeat, Do NOT take anything out of the poolandspa ratings.  ... How do you figure that CalSpas is listed in the 4 star category?
If you need any further convincing look at the first 4 star listing... Adventure Spas??
e

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2004, 12:57:17 pm »

Jordy

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2004, 05:59:19 pm »
With all that being said, and having sold hot tubs for the competition, I consider Jacuzzi to be pretty good value for the money. And it is a decent product.

Rboehme

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2004, 10:39:38 pm »
Plumbing leaks are NOT a big part of service problems in spas.

J._McD

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2006, 09:59:53 pm »
The first rule to finding a leak in full foam is that water will show up somewhere.  Go to your local nursey and get a $10 plant meter that tells you when to water your plants, or google moisture probes.  It is also known as a moisture meter.

Having been a SD dealer for 16 years, we have had more than our share of leakers.  After going through three of the $10 meters, we bought two $600 moisture meters with six inch probes.  We got so good at it, we developed superman's xray vision and just knew what was leaking.

Some tech's use a wooden dowel but once it is wet, you can not continue to look for other leaks.  Once the leak is corrected, you let it run for a couple of weeks before you return to use two chemical compounds to spray foam, the same as the manufacturers use.

We had so much experience at this, we became experts at leak repairs and were in and out in no time flat.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2006, 10:11:03 pm »

We had so much experience at this, we became experts at leak repairs and were in and out in no time flat.

Gosh, why did you have so much experience?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2006, 10:26:12 pm »
Plumbing leaks are NOT a big part of service problems in spas.

Maybe not in your neck of the woods, but I spend a disproportionate amount of my time on leaks!  >:(

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2006, 11:39:39 pm »
Then disregard anything I have to say. It makes no difference to me. The product you bought is not the product you may think it is. You cannot eficiently run all the jets all the time. This is because they are using Sundance pumps. Pumps that work great in Sundance spas, but not so well in jacuzzi spas. Especialy with the big jets. I'll bet you anything when the dealer showed you how great those big jets were, he had all the water diverted into that ONE seat. Not the case with Jacuzzi spas of old. When Sundance took over manufacturing of the Jacuzzi spas, they had one focus and only one focus. To take advantage of the MOST RECOGNIZED NAME IN WATER.

Wow. What's that all about? I thought Wisocki was selling Jacuzzi.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2006, 01:49:04 am »
The original thread is 2 years old.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2006, 01:49:04 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42