What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Arctic jets  (Read 11121 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: New Arctic jets
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 06:07:25 am »
Is Arctic making there own or more likely Waterway making an exclusive for Arctic, as they do for others. Theres alot of tooling in jet making. And squeezing acrylic is what spa manufacturers do and then they install compononts purchased elsewhere.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 06:07:25 am »

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 10:27:54 am »
Arctic uses the Waterway housing, while making there own jets.  

The Stainless Steel is a cap that goes over the current jets.  

Michael

Pathfinder

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2006, 12:47:50 pm »
Correct me if Im wrong  

I thought Pentair made the jets for Arctic or maybe just aftermarket    anyone else have info about this

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2006, 01:39:57 pm »
Wheres Greybeard when you need him?
Retired

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2006, 03:50:22 pm »
while making there own jets.  

Really? Buying water way housing and making their own jet? That sounds awfully expensive and makes little sense.

Are you sure its just not a custom face?

If you have the resources and equipment to make your own jets, why wouldn't you make the housings too?
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Guru

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2006, 04:58:43 pm »
Arctic stopped using Pentair jets about 4 years ago.  Then switched to Waterway jets.  Because the ball bearing started to fail, Arctic decided to make there own jets.  It’s not just a face.  They might one day start making there own housings.  You can't argue with one of 2005 Canada’s 50 best managed companies.  

Michael

Tom

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2006, 06:31:19 pm »
Wheres Greybeard when you need him?

Hello, Roger

I've been busy with our celebration (check the latest news on our website).  But thanks for thinking of me.  :D

HotTubMan wrote "Really? Buying waterway housing and making their own jet? That sounds awfully expensive and makes little sense. Are you sure its just not a custom face?  If you have the resources and equipment to make your own jets, why wouldn't you make the housings too?"

We have invented and patented a variety of bearingless rotating jets which we believe offer performance and durability superior to that of standard ball-bearing jets. We don't literally make them ourselves--we have them manufactured to our specifications. Our housings are likewise made to our specs.  The new jets were designed to be compatible with the Waterways housings used in our earlier models, so that our customers could upgrade if they wish, but there have been some tolerance issues resulting in the pop-outs (as reported also by other brands in this thread).  Our current jets and housings are made to tighter tolerances.

anne

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2006, 11:24:49 pm »
As I said before, my year old floor model has jets that are loose- part of the "contract" with my purchase was for the jets to be replaced, and I *thought* I was very happy with my dealer for agreeing to do so.

Upon delivery he told me he replaced just the ones that were loose. I was a little bummed, b/c I thought they'd all be new, but the environmentalist in me did not want to needlessly throw away parts that still worked. So I did not complain.

Then I found that there were still lots of loose ones! I asked him about it, and he told me he switched out the "old" jets with "new" ones, but they were still the '05 style! I guess he did not have any '06 ones in. :-/

He is now supposed to supply me with '06 ones to replace the loose ones, but hasn't done so yet.

Should I get pushy and ask that they ALL be switched out, as I (thought I was) previously was told would happen, or just go along with accepting new ones as they fail? Or perhaps ask that he replace the 6-7 loose ones now, and give me a few "spares" so i dont have to go to him every time I have a new loose one? I'm getting tired of this.
Dance like nobody's watching

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2006, 10:48:33 am »
I would be asking for a full refund (and then that $ can go to a new one), or an exchange. It may just be semantics, but it is important that everyone realize you have a warrantied item not up to par with expectations.

If you do not hear from the dealer by tomorrow, I'd be finding regional Arctic management and getting "squeaky."

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2006, 10:58:33 am »
As I said before, my year old floor model has jets that are loose- part of the "contract" with my purchase was for the jets to be replaced, and I *thought* I was very happy with my dealer for agreeing to do so.

Upon delivery he told me he replaced just the ones that were loose. I was a little bummed, b/c I thought they'd all be new, but the environmentalist in me did not want to needlessly throw away parts that still worked. So I did not complain.

Then I found that there were still lots of loose ones! I asked him about it, and he told me he switched out the "old" jets with "new" ones, but they were still the '05 style! I guess he did not have any '06 ones in. :-/

He is now supposed to supply me with '06 ones to replace the loose ones, but hasn't done so yet.

Should I get pushy and ask that they ALL be switched out, as I (thought I was) previously was told would happen, or just go along with accepting new ones as they fail? Or perhaps ask that he replace the 6-7 loose ones now, and give me a few "spares" so i dont have to go to him every time I have a new loose one? I'm getting tired of this.

following the Anoroc scenario, given the fact that the dealer is not living up to your expectations and you are getting tired of this, you should demand a new tub.  Call Mario. ;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Guru

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2006, 12:14:23 pm »
Anne-

If you have an issue with your jets.  Call the Arctuc Spa service department 1-800-309-1744 and talk to Jason.  He can discuss any jet problems.  

Michael

anne

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2006, 02:24:55 pm »
I want to be clear- I dont want a new tub- hope that is obvious. I want jets that do not fall out! There is no other problem with the tub- I love it.

Thanks, Michael- should I check with my dealer again, or just call Jason now? I dont want to overstep my dealer, I just want JETS!

anne

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2006, 02:26:35 pm »
I would be asking for a full refund (and then that $ can go to a new one), or an exchange. It may just be semantics, but it is important that everyone realize you have a warrantied item not up to par with expectations.

If you do not hear from the dealer by tomorrow, I'd be finding regional Arctic management and getting "squeaky."

Terminator

Term, the difference between me and Anorac is that I have had only ONE problem with this tub. If it were a lemon, like his HS, I'd do exactly as you (I) said.

shabba34

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2006, 02:33:33 pm »

Term, the difference between me and Anorac is that I have had only ONE problem with this tub. If it were a lemon, like his HS, I'd do exactly as you (I) said.
One problem that is re-occuring and has yet to be remedied.  Sounds like lemonade to me. ;D 8)  Just joking Anne...

Anoroc

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2006, 02:58:19 pm »
Why are my ears ringing?  Are people talking about me again :D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 02:58:40 pm by anaroc »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2006, 02:58:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42