What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Arctic jets  (Read 11122 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
New Arctic jets
« on: March 04, 2006, 09:06:58 pm »
I went to the dealer today and took a look at the new 2006 Arctic tundra.  It looks very nice.  Some things are different however, overall, cosmetically similar.  I saw the new chrome jets.  They look really great.  I did not like them with the green shell, I thought it looked a little funny.  They look sharp in all the other colors.  

The problem with the looseness of the jets has been corrected.  They are tighter and dont move around as much.  I think that I will be ordering the new ones with the chrome.  They are 170 canadian I think for just the jets.  We will have to see, but I think i will get them.

Hot Tub Forum

New Arctic jets
« on: March 04, 2006, 09:06:58 pm »

fletch49

Re: New Arctic jets
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 10:32:07 pm »
Hey Bosco - I would love to pitch my old Waterway jets.  Arctic spa's biggest complaint is the loose jets!

Was that 170 to completely replace your jets with new chrome jets?

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 10:51:43 pm »
I believe so or maybe that is the extra cost on a new tub.  I am not sure, either way, mine are under warranty and if they dont do it for me,  I can return my tub without penalty up to a year after purchase.  I will do that and get a new one, just because I can ;D

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 11:13:18 pm »
Hey Bosco - I would love to pitch my old Waterway jets.  Arctic spa's biggest complaint is the loose jets!

Fletch - My dealer offered to switch out ALL my old waterway jets because they were continually causing me grief. Are you still under warrenty? If so - you should also be able to pitch your old jets.

The new jets truly make a difference! (these are not chrome jets tho - I haven't seen these yet)

Jc
How do you know how much you don't know?

anne

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 12:11:01 am »
I believe so or maybe that is the extra cost on a new tub.  I am not sure, either way, mine are under warranty and if they dont do it for me,  I can return my tub without penalty up to a year after purchase.  I will do that and get a new one, just because I can ;D

I asked my dealer to change out all the jets with the purchase of my '05 floor model, because of the reports I saw here and b/c of the experiences I had wet testing. He's doing it for free, but the price that he put on the invoice as an "as if" price was $400! ????? Anyway, seems like your warranty should cover you- worth asking.
Dance like nobody's watching

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 12:11:34 am »
Jc, they look awsome, if you have a green shell, I would not get them though.  You will love them

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 06:04:42 am »
Are you guys talking the jets themselves or just the jet faces? I keep having visions of you guys inside your cabinets glueing hoses to new jet bodys you just got done gasketing and screwing together on your shell.!!!!
Retired

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 09:04:56 am »
just the jet faces.  If I pulled out gasket glue tman, I would have my hands stuck to the tub in about 3 miniutes.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 06:54:47 pm »
If it's any consulation Arctic is one brand (and I know a couple others) that you could go in and un-screw the whole jet into the 2 pieces cut or dissconect the hose and install a new jet body very easily. Clamp the hose back on instead of glueing it or do both and viola....new jet of maybe a different configuration. Put all whirly jets on one seat or something...follow me?
Retired

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 09:49:25 pm »

Was that 170 to completely replace your jets with new chrome jets?

Arctic spas, like 50% or more of the spa manufacturers, use Waterway jets.
Homeworks Financing Representative

fletch49

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006, 10:02:56 pm »
Arctic spas, like 50% or more of the spa manufacturers, use Waterway jets.

OK...so your saying it's not Waterway's problem?

If it is a Waterway jet, does that mean the housing/body is  Waterway as well?

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
andRe: New Arctic jets
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 01:08:27 am »
I was under the impression that Arctic has sinced severed its ties with waterway and is now manufacturing their own jets personally.

Jc
How do you know how much you don't know?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2006, 04:03:10 am »
Waterway jet faces will only fit in waterway jet housings. The best part about waterway is they are easy to get and they are good products. Like was mentioned 50% or more use waterway stuff, pumps, jets, filter housings, floor suctions, diverters and on and on.
Retired

fletch49

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2006, 08:46:19 am »
 I guess what has me confused is why this seems to happen more with Arctic Spa using Waterway jet/housings than other brands using Waterway?

Arctic did start manufacturing their own jets to fit waterway housings...however I think (don't quote me) they have gone back to waterway?

tugoodtobetrue

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2006, 07:14:37 pm »
From what I understand Arctic does make their own jet bodys and inserts. The problem with both Waterway and Pentair jets was felt by any and all spa manufactors that used these products.  ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2006, 07:14:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42