What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian or Master Spa both for $7,400.00.  (Read 7265 times)

Dee Dee

Artesian or Master Spa both for $7,400.00.
« on: April 18, 2006, 07:15:34 pm »
We went out and wet tested all the hot tubs in our area on Saturday and narrowed it down to two hot tubs, my husband and I both really liked the over the shoulder thing.  

Artesian - Grand Cayman - 91"x91"x36", 48 jets, 3 pumps, 1 waterfall

http://www.artesianspas.com/showroom/island/cayman.asp

or

Master Spa - LS750 - 84"x84"x36", 68 jets, 4 pumps, 2 waterfalls

http://www.masterspas.com/LS750.asp

Both are basic floor models with the standard light and no radio.  We were quoted $7,400.00 for both, including cover, cover lift, ozonator, steps, chemicals, etc.  So, which one would you choose?  

We wet tested the Grand Cayman, but not the LS750 because it wasn't filled, but we were in the LSX700.

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian or Master Spa both for $7,400.00.
« on: April 18, 2006, 07:15:34 pm »

salesdvl

Re: Artesian or Master Spa both for $7,400.00.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 08:01:17 pm »
I can tell you that I sold both brands and would say that the Artesian is by far the better spa.  Things like reliability, the way the factory treats the dealer, etc... were much better when we switched from Master to Artesian.  

No charge for my 2 cents worth.   ;)
Measure once, cut twice.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 08:15:14 pm »
I choose the Cayman! ;D

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 09:38:04 pm »
I'm expecting my Artesian Island Grand Cayman (low end 32 jet model) tomorrow.  Needless to say, I'd go (and went) with the Artesian.

Sounds like you'd be happy with the Artesian and it's over the shoulder jets.  
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 11:04:19 am »
DeeDee,
I'm a very happy MasterSpas LSX owner....1.75 years of excellent reliability and excellent therapy.  With that said, I suggest you let your wet test and your dealer confidence be your guides.  If you are comfortable with both dealers, then choose the one with the best therapy.....the best therapy in YOUR opinion.  If one dealer stands head and shoulders over the other and the therapy is close, choose the best dealer's tub.  If the MasterSpas dealer gives you confidence and if the LS750 has the best therapy, in your opinion, then please don't let comments regarding other issues sway you away from MS.  I didn't and I'm extremely happy with my choice.  Good luck!
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 11:46:51 am »
Actually what windsurfdog said is TRUE. That's why I put the little " ;D" there.

When I was shopping for a tub, the Masterspa wasn't priced anywhere near the Cayman, their Down East models were.

I looked for the best dealer and value - wherever it lied. I got a good feeling from my dealer and that's one of the reasons why I picked mine. The dealer can make all the difference ... there is (was) a Cal spa dealer here that obviously takes care of his customers and most people will say stay away from Cal Spa.

The other reason is I thought that the Cayman was the best value for me at the time. I shopped a lot of brands and dealers and I went to an Artesian dealer on a whim. At this point I'm glad I did.

Pick the one that the dealer and tub fits YOU the best!

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 11:52:02 am »
Purely from looking at the websites as I have no experience with either tub I prefer the artesian with 4 corner seats and a bigger size. In my wet testing I found that extra size to be quite noticeable in terms of foot and elbow room.

I also personally just don't care for non lounger tubs that wipe out a corner seat with the filters.
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 12:31:23 pm »
I also personally just don't care for non lounger tubs that wipe out a corner seat with the filters.

... and I would say the EXACT opposite, I don't want a lounge. In the end, each person has to find what's right for them.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 11:44:23 pm »

... and I would say the EXACT opposite, I don't want a lounge. In the end, each person has to find what's right for them.

Apparently I typed poorly. I don't care for a tub with a lounge either. But I also don't care for a tub with no lounge that also uses up a corner seat with the filter area as is the case with the Master spa noted here or the Grandee for example. Would much prefer the filter area be on the side as is the case with my own spa.

Grandee

Granada

« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 12:02:40 am by tanstaafl2 »
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Dee Dee

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 08:09:12 am »
Okay, I  didn't understand what you meant early, but seeinlg the pictures, I understand.  When the filter is in the corner, basically, you lose a seat.   The Artesian Grand Cayman also has the jets in the seat, so if you wanted, you could have the jets on your legs... I tired to post the picture, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 08:21:32 am »
Here you go, the 2006 Cayman:

But I will tell you I have a 2005 Cayman and never use those jets ... My configuration is a little different (they have moved the seats around, see my avatar. I don't suffer from leg problems so that may be why I don't use them.

Artesian's Piper Glen has the same configuration (sort of) with jets in the seat. I opted for no lounger to get the most available seating ... besides the couple of times I tried to use those jets I floated out of the seat ...  hmmm, maybe thats why I don't use it! ;)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 08:23:08 am by Vinny »

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 09:20:16 am »
I too am not sure i'd want to give up one of my corner seats.  

I do like those over the shoulder jets, but sometimes the noise makes it difficult to hear others speaking (my Artesian Island Grand Cayman has only 1 seat with over the shoulder jets and 3 corners without them).
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 09:20:16 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42