What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: It's here. The big day.  (Read 12022 times)

shabba34

Re: It's here. The big day.
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2006, 04:42:51 pm »
You should...Yanks...at least wait...Yanks...till the temp...Yanks...raises...a few more...Yanks...degrees. 8)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2006, 04:42:51 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2006, 04:46:30 pm »
ooooohhhhh.

Watchyagonnado? Huh?  ;) ;D

Folks in Tennessee don't take kindly to harassment.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2006, 05:35:02 pm »

Terminator

ROTFLMAO :D

dats right
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2006, 08:49:49 pm »
You should...Yanks...at least wait...Yanks...till the temp...Yanks...raises...a few more...Yanks...degrees. 8)

yikes....wayyy too much yankin' goin' on there....
hey.....if you are in a 25mph zone and there's a 55mph speed zone within sight (you can SEE the sign).....if you accelerate to the posted 55mph before you reach the actual sign, can a cop give you a ticket for premature acceleration?  ::) ;D ;)
Congrats on the tub! Nice huevos.  ;D
RIP C-Rod

TN__HOT_TUB

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2006, 08:57:17 pm »
Awesome job!  It's fun to see a project progress like yours  :D

Post up some more pics when it's full of honeys!   ;)

MattNY, you asked for it.  Here's my tub full of honeys!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2006, 09:10:34 pm »

MattNY, you asked for it.  Here's my tub full of honeys!

Very cute (though not exactly what he meant by "honies"). ;)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 09:16:32 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

TN__HOT_TUB

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2006, 09:23:47 pm »
Rest assured, if there are ever two "real" honies in my tub and my wife isn't one of them, then I'm in big trouble.  Especially if there are photos and the photos make it to the internet.   :D

By the way, we had a ball playing in the hot tub.  Not exactly therapeutic with those two honies.  I'm waiting for my wife to get home before giving the tub it's true first dip.

anne

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2006, 11:03:46 pm »
TN, that looks great! Ironically, I just finished my flagstone, and was just aboutto post pics ( had the tub first, finished patio second)

If you have trouble with the sand coming loose, like you mentioned, I may have a solution. depends on how mine holds up, but I'm happy being a guinea pig.

happy soaking!!!!!
Dance like nobody's watching

TN__HOT_TUB

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2006, 11:06:25 pm »
TN, that looks great! Ironically, I just finished my flagstone, and was just aboutto post pics ( had the tub first, finished patio second)

If you have trouble with the sand coming loose, like you mentioned, I may have a solution. depends on how mine holds up, but I'm happy being a guinea pig.

happy soaking!!!!!

So far, so good with the sand (little messy when it rains).  I'm curious, what is your solution for the sand?

anne

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2006, 11:35:34 pm »
I bought "polymeric sand" that has adhesive in it. The gravel and sand under the flagstone is normal gravel and paver sand. then for the last 1/2-3/4 inch around the stone, I put polymeric sand. When wet, it hardens to something very resistant to erosion and shifting, but would crack apart more easily than mortar if I wanted to disassemble it. It was a bit of a PITA b/c you have to sweep it in very carefully, leaving nothing on the rock surface, than water it very lightly over and over so it does not get blown out of the cracks, but for a rookie like me, was more forgiving than mortaring.

We'll see what it looks like in 5 years, tho. Dunno!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2006, 09:11:17 am »

Terminator

Aeeeeei! (Screaming like homer Simpson and running away, hands faling widly in the air)
07 Caldera Geneva

TN__HOT_TUB

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2006, 11:45:24 am »
I bought "polymeric sand" that has adhesive in it. The gravel and sand under the flagstone is normal gravel and paver sand. then for the last 1/2-3/4 inch around the stone, I put polymeric sand. When wet, it hardens to something very resistant to erosion and shifting, but would crack apart more easily than mortar if I wanted to disassemble it. It was a bit of a PITA b/c you have to sweep it in very carefully, leaving nothing on the rock surface, than water it very lightly over and over so it does not get blown out of the cracks, but for a rookie like me, was more forgiving than mortaring.

We'll see what it looks like in 5 years, tho. Dunno!

Sounds like the ol "dry mortor" method.  I've heard of Portland Cement and sand mixture for such things as well.

Both methods encourage being careful to not get any on the rocks as it will dry.  I've heard of folks using a large mortor piping bag (similar to icing a cake) to apply between the cracks.

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2006, 01:53:58 pm »
Rest assured, if there are ever two "real" honies in my tub and my wife isn't one of them, then I'm in big trouble.  Especially if there are photos and the photos make it to the internet.   :D

By the way, we had a ball playing in the hot tub.  Not exactly therapeutic with those two honies.  I'm waiting for my wife to get home before giving the tub it's true first dip.

Hahaha.  At least the love you get from those honies is genuine, right?

Glad you (and the rest of your household) are enjoying it!!

anne

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2006, 10:50:19 pm »

Sounds like the ol "dry mortor" method.  I've heard of Portland Cement and sand mixture for such things as well.

Both methods encourage being careful to not get any on the rocks as it will dry.  I've heard of folks using a large mortor piping bag (similar to icing a cake) to apply between the cracks.

yep. I was afraid to just mix mortar in with sand and then get it wet since I had no idea what proportion to add. So I paid way too much for prepared stuff. It is different then mortar in that it is almost "gluey" till it dries and then has a tiny bit of spring to it once dry. Very weird stuff.

TN__HOT_TUB

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2006, 11:15:59 pm »
we'll probably do something similar soon, but for now i'm still adding sand in spots.  

i'm finding that the dry sand makes a mess after it rains, which i don't want to track into my tub (can somebody say foot bath?).

yep. I was afraid to just mix mortar in with sand and then get it wet since I had no idea what proportion to add. So I paid way too much for prepared stuff. It is different then mortar in that it is almost "gluey" till it dries and then has a tiny bit of spring to it once dry. Very weird stuff.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2006, 11:15:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42