What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need immediate feedback on Jacuzzi  (Read 6335 times)

joshua45

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Need immediate feedback on Jacuzzi
« on: April 19, 2006, 05:48:47 pm »
Am getting impatient for hot tub.. went to a local dealer who had one 2005 J315 (no ozonator) willing to take $2,500.00.  No he said because it was his last one, he would not filll it for 'wet test'... Comments please... Good Price?   I have some reservations with this dealer as this was THE only tub in the store.. supposedly waiting for '06 models (Right !!!).... Is it worth the chance for a new tub?   Immediate replies please.  This is a 3 person tub  with 1 2speed (2.0 horse), 1 13 jets, foot jets, etc.  

Hot Tub Forum

Need immediate feedback on Jacuzzi
« on: April 19, 2006, 05:48:47 pm »

joshua45

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Need immediate feedback on Jacuzzi
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 05:49:48 pm »
Opps.. he said NO he will not wet test as this is his last one..... Is it worth the risk..

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 06:01:52 pm »
Please tell me that they also sell other items (patio furniture, pools, etc.).  Otherwise, I find it a bit weird to go to a store with just one tub in the showroom.

Have you "dry" tested it?  
Will he throw in an ozonator?  or at least install one?
I can't remember prices on Jacuzzi'es, but $2,500 seems very low for a 2005 Jacuzzi...especially if it's new.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

joshua45

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 06:05:20 pm »
no, no wet test.. he said : At this price and being the last model, he doesn't feel the need to allow a wet test.. and Yes, It concerns me too that it was the only tub in the place (he sells other things besides spas.)  I suspect he may be going out of business.. I don't know.. just guessing.

joshua45

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 06:08:40 pm »
supposedly, when new.. the tub retails for 4,860.00.. this sure seems like a good price but if he is going out of business (I'm guessing) that concerns me.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 06:10:12 pm »
Could be going out of business, or possibly out of the spa business.  
Don't know that spa, so can't comment on price.
Just make sure what's included, or not included, in that price.  Delivery, setup, starter chemicals, cover, steps?
Brewman

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 06:22:56 pm »
If he's only got one spa, it doesn't sound like he was really in the spa business to start with.

Maybe he has to sell it before he can get his single '06 model. ;D

Jacuzzi's a good spa, but the dealer sounds kinda iffy.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 06:32:11 pm »
I would look around.

Don't let "impatience" allow you
to make a poor decision.

Spending thousands of dollars
should be a pleasant experience.

If this guy is being this way BEFORE
he has your money just think how he
will be AFTER he has your money!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 06:35:07 pm »
It sounds like he is selling it at or below cost.  I see this happen from time to time in the industry.  If you aren't selling but 10-12 spas/year, you lose your dealership.  You sell it for what you've got in it.  If you buy that spa, you'll probably be getting a great deal on a fine spa.  I'm sure there will be another dealer placed in the area within the next few years to service it.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Vanguard

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 07:38:09 pm »
I would stay away just because of the dealer.  I  agree that your experience should be pleasant and it sounds like this guy is not really allowing that to happen.  I'd be concerned what would happen to you if he goes out.  Will there be someone there to take over your warranty.  Look around for a "real" hot tub dealer.  There are plenty of good brands with good dealers.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

TN__HOT_TUB

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 09:16:44 pm »
If it were me and i was in the market for a small tub, i'd probably pull the trigger (sounds like a great price on a premium brand spa).  

Ask him why he doesn't have but one tub.  Press him a bit more on this.  If he's going out of business, see if you can't move some more of his inventory.

I agree with Terminator.  There's bound to be a dealer that will step in and begin carrying the Jacuzzi spas even if he goes out of business.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 09:37:39 pm »
$2500 is an incredibly low price.  Buy it if you like it.

Pump is actually 2 speed.  If you like strong jets, you might not like this spa.  If you are primarily a soaker, You will do fine.

If he goes out of business or is no longer a dealer, Jacuzzi, as a national company will find someone to provide service.

You might want to check with Jacuzzi to see if the dealer is authorized.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

TN__HOT_TUB

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 09:47:42 pm »
do it!
do it!
do it!

join the club

take the plunge

Jacuzzi makes a good spa.  $2,500 is a great price from a premium manufacturer for a new spa.

By the way.  My dealer did not have our "exact" model in stock to wet test (and didn't offer to fill any tub we wanted). We did wet test, but it was more about testing the lounger.  They basically said we were welcome to wet test any tub they had filled.  They handled it very well and I didn't feel shunned in any way.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 11:23:06 pm »
He's below cost, particularly taking into account frieght. If there was/is another Jacuzzi servicing dealer in the area, I'd probably jump at it. J-315 is a great little 2 person tub.

It sounds like he is selling it at or below cost.  I see this happen from time to time in the industry.  If you aren't selling but 10-12 spas/year, you lose your dealership.  You sell it for what you've got in it.  If you buy that spa, you'll probably be getting a great deal on a fine spa.  I'm sure there will be another dealer placed in the area within the next few years to service it.

Terminator

« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 06:54:55 am by Wisoki »
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 09:53:14 am »
I would look around.

Don't let "impatience" allow you
to make a poor decision.

Spending thousands of dollars
should be a pleasant experience.

If this guy is being this way BEFORE
he has your money just think how he
will be AFTER he has your money!

But then again, he who hesitates is lost.  

If this tub, is the right tub for you, reradelss of the price, then I would serioulsy take a long hard look at it.  IF the only reason you are thinking about it is the $2000 savings,  in a few years, that won't mean poop.  

Assuming this guys disapers, are there other jacuzi dealers that would service you if you had an issue?
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 09:53:14 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42