What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Broken Cover Lock clips.  (Read 29696 times)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Broken Cover Lock clips.
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2006, 07:47:53 pm »
The strap is in fact 14' long....... As I said before, I just haven't had the time to update the webpage (it's about 1/2 done but I need some more pictures...... HEY Drew, can I get a close-up of the lower buckle you installed on the back of the spa?). From the spa cover accessory page order ANY of the "Wind Resistance Straps" and you WILL get exactly what Drew got. I can even get any of tyhe old "Wind Resistance Straps" as my suppliers have droped them in favor of my Hurricane Strap.

Dr. Spa,

How do I order one that looks like the photo?  The customer service person that answered the phone said the hurricane strap is only 10' long.  I would like one like in the photo that shows it going across the cover, down one side to the ground, and down the other side 1-2 feet.  It seems like the strap would need to be at least 12-14 feet long.

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2006, 07:47:53 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2006, 09:58:52 am »
The strap is in fact 14' long....... As I said before, I just haven't had the time to update the webpage (it's about 1/2 done but I need some more pictures...... HEY Drew, can I get a close-up of the lower buckle you installed on the back of the spa?). From the spa cover accessory page order ANY of the "Wind Resistance Straps" and you WILL get exactly what Drew got. I can even get any of tyhe old "Wind Resistance Straps" as my suppliers have droped them in favor of my Hurricane Strap.

Thanks for the reminder. Yes you can.  I'll have my proffesional photographer do it this weekend. Sorry about that.

FWIW, the strap has been working great.  Thanks again.
07 Caldera Geneva

Disappointed

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2011, 03:29:19 pm »

Arrrrgh.

Last month,  because I wasn't paying attention,  I snapped the the 2 back cover clips on my 05 Caspain. (the part that attatches to the cover loops, not the buckle on the tub skirt).

They snapped quick and easy....I guess it was better than ripping the cover  loops or pulling the buckles out of the tub skirt but still....grrrrr.

Looking quickly it looks like to replace the clips, I will need to cut the loop to attatch the new clip.  Is that really necessary, or do they attatch another way?

I am also toying with the brillienat idea of, instead of replacing the clips (only to have them break again) is  since these are the back clips, and the cover lifts to the back and down,  simpley tie the loops with some cord to a hook attatched to the base.  This would allow the cover to flip down and off the tub, but if I tie the cords tightly, the cover could not blow off.

Did I describe that correctly?

Any other way with dealing with cheap plastic cover locks that break? (other than the obvious "pay attention") route?

;)

I have the same problem and was wondering if anyone ever found a solution.  I would hate to get two more plastic clips. 

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2011, 04:29:32 pm »
I have the same problem and was wondering if anyone ever found a solution.  I would hate to get two more plastic clips. 

There should be a clip with a slit in it to replace your broken one. Talk to your dealer to see if they haev it or midfy it yourself since its simple. I found something online that describes what I mean.

http://www.hottubworks.com/HotTubAccessories/CLIP_REPAIR.pdf
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2011, 04:29:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42