What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Used Sundance Hot Tub pricing question  (Read 1979 times)

tjvm

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Used Sundance Hot Tub pricing question
« on: April 18, 2006, 09:35:51 pm »
Would a 2000 Sundance Optima for $2500 be a good deal?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Used Sundance Hot Tub pricing question
« on: April 18, 2006, 09:35:51 pm »

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
Re: Used Sundance Hot Tub pricing question
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 11:43:57 am »
Would think it would depend on what shape it is is in and how well it has been cared for. If it is from a dealer and has been checked out and has perhaps some limited warranty then perhaps so although I have no real frame of reference on used spa prices to know for sure.

If it is from an individual then you may want to be more careful and perhaps have a technician check it out before you buy. The cost of the tech visit may well be worth it for peace of mind or if they detect a major problem.
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

tjvm

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 12:24:55 pm »
Thanks for the response.  It is from an individual not a store.  The owner claims very low use and it looks to be in excellent condition but you never know.  I was ready to drop 7 - 8 K on a new HS Vangaurd or Sundance Optima when I stubled across this in the classifieds.  The thought of saving 5K is intriguing.

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 02:42:52 pm »
Sundance generally seems a good product. But no warranty is always at risk. If it is still hooked up and running I would probably try to find a technician willing to give it a check up first. If it is not hooked up and running I would be cautious about buying unless it could be hooked up, filled and run.

Also is the local Sundance dealer close by and one you feel comfortable with. My talk to them about what they would charge for service calls. Still a good used tub can be quite a bargain and you aren't likely to find a similar tub in that price range, assuming the technology hasn't changed that much. Probably no ozone but might be possible to add it if you want it. I think ozone helps but others are not as sure about it.
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 02:42:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42