What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Congrats Leisure Time....  (Read 5890 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Congrats Leisure Time....
« on: April 08, 2006, 07:32:58 pm »
on correcting an oversite.    Here in Columbus, the best deal on Dichlor is at the local HS dealer. They sell the Leisuretime 5 pound bottle of Dichlor for $22.  I doubt that price can be beat even online.

If you can imagine, the 5 pound container is around 12" tall and perhaps 3" in diameter. The wide mouth bottle came with a scoop to let you put in exactly one ounce of Dichlor.  The only problem was the scoop had a 1" handle so it was useful for only the first 30% of the bottle.   I just bought a new one and the scoop has about a 3" handle so it is probably useful for 80% of the bottle's usage.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 07:34:30 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Congrats Leisure Time....
« on: April 08, 2006, 07:32:58 pm »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: Congrats Leisure Time....
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 07:47:26 pm »
Wow, very good deal. I paid $18 for a 2 lb. bottle of HS dichlor at my local Hotspring dealer. I try to support my local guy.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 08:35:20 pm »
I also bought 2# at my HS dealer, I paid 16.99. You got a very good deal.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 08:47:47 pm »
Extremely good price.  
Brewman

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 09:01:09 pm »
Chlorine is like coffee at a restraunt - I sell 2# for $12.50
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 09:30:24 pm »
Is it the HS version for $12.50? Who makes the chemicals for Hotspring by the way? Just curious.

Chlorine is like coffee at a restraunt - I sell 2# for $12.50

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 01:56:23 am »
Is it the HS version for $12.50? Who makes the chemicals for Hotspring by the way? Just curious.

I sell Freshwater and Sun for the same price. The FW stuff actually costs a bit less. It is my understanding that Advantis, the parent company for Liesure Time makes the products for Watkins. I don't have that in writing anywhere, it's just what I have heard.

Either way, the products seem to produce the same results.

blizzard

• Always gettin in to HOT water
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 11:16:02 am »
Here in dayton, I just bought 70# of Di-Chlor at sam's club for $100.00. I just keep refilling my old bottle when needed.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 11:35:20 am »
Ouch, does dichlor ever go stale?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 08:56:36 am »
My dealer gets 2x that for the 5lb jug.

wow.
07 Caldera Geneva

TubsAndCues

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 11:02:04 am »
Here in dayton, I just bought 70# of Di-Chlor at sam's club for $100.00. I just keep refilling my old bottle when needed.

Be careful when buying your chems at big box stores.  Sometimes you're ok, but they are not always the same, so what may seem like a good deal may not be.  

The other concern when buying dichlor in large buckets like that is that they are mostly made for pools, and very likely contain other chemicals like stabilizers (and in some cases fillers).  Make sure you read the label and know what you're looking for.

One last note, and I'm a dealer so I'm a bit biased, but buy from your local spa dealers.  You may spend a bit more here and there, but in the end, they are the ones you are going to go to if you've got problems.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 11:04:42 am »

Be careful when buying your chems at big box stores.  Sometimes you're ok, but they are not always the same, so what may seem like a good deal may not be.  

The other concern when buying dichlor in large buckets like that is that they are mostly made for pools, and very likely contain other chemicals like stabilizers (and in some cases fillers).  Make sure you read the label and know what you're looking for.

One last note, and I'm a dealer so I'm a bit biased, but buy from your local spa dealers.  You may spend a bit more here and there, but in the end, they are the ones you are going to go to if you've got problems.

N_mco is infamous for selling the low grade slow tabs for pools.  Read the label.  8)
07 Caldera Geneva

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 03:04:30 pm »
DiChlor does go bad.  Every time you expose the drum contents to the outside world, the dichlor is degrading.  100 # drum is meant for service guy using it up quickly.

Also, if labeled for pool, techinally, you are violating federal law if using it in spa.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 03:19:39 pm »
Now that you own that 70# tub, you should break it down into smaller, air-tight containers.

It tends to absord moisture out of the air, and that's a bad thing.

Creates chlorine gas when it gets wet.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 09:04:09 pm by Chas »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 04:01:55 pm »
I find 5 pounds is just right for my 425 gallon spa. It has a screw on lid and I make sure if is tight each time. I think I am getting about 3 months to the container.  I'm assuming its still effective at the end of that time as I  frequently check the levels 30 minutes after throwing it in.  I've gotten to the point that I can tell how much I've thrown in by the smell.  Too little, can't smell anything. Just right, a faint barely noticable smell that I actually find pleasant probably because my high school had a pool and it remindes me of that smell.  If I add too much or shock level, it smells bad for the first hour or so and I leave the cover open.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 04:01:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42