What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Deckīnītub tales  (Read 19406 times)

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
Re: Deckīnītub tales
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2006, 01:35:09 pm »
Fantastic job! Beautiful view! The Geneva is a beautiful tub. Almost bought one several years ago, but lost the opportunity on a year end model and dealer didn't have another to wet test. New model price was lots higher. Ended up wet testing the Euphoria and buying it, but I always loved the looks of the Geneva, especially with its fiber optics lighting.

Do you have summer pest like misquitos? Will water puddles collect under the deck in the pool? Any concerns?

Yep. There are mosquitos. Darn. I had almost forgotten about them. ;)
There are some, but they're not that many. And not under the deck, the ground is sloping and the pool area is extremly well drained.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2006, 01:35:09 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2006, 01:39:17 pm »
Karl, that is a stunningly beautiful picture.  Congratulations and I hope you create a lot of fond memories in that spa.  I am very impressed!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2006, 08:06:13 pm »
lots of memories, not necessarily lots of kids..... ;)
Is saying "Wowie Zowie!  :o " adequate to show my sense of awe over your home setup?
RIP C-Rod

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2006, 10:05:28 am »
Karl, that is a stunningly beautiful picture.  Congratulations and I hope you create a lot of fond memories in that spa.  I am very impressed!

Terminator

Thanks, Terminator. :)
Yes, we are very happy how it turned out.

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2006, 10:06:39 am »
lots of memories, not necessarily lots of kids..... ;)
Is saying "Wowie Zowie!  :o " adequate to show my sense of awe over your home setup?

Nah, no kids. :)

Yes, it's adequate. Thanks.  :D

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2006, 10:09:24 am »
It proved to be rather troublesome to enter & exit the tub with at least some remaining dignity, so I built a stair yesterday from the rest of the lumber. Works fine, sturdy as few but weighs a ton.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2006, 12:12:22 pm »
*lol* I understand the dignity loss bit.....our tub's got 2 entrances right now....one's the step from the dealer, which works great, but is really a secondary way in the tub that's not used much. The MAIN entrance, however, is about 33" below the lip of the tub......it makes for an "interesting" experience trying to get in or out of the tub. I've got a plan that hasn't got any farther than my head to make a lifted step/platform on top of the existing one.....sure beats the feeling of flashing the neighborhood....or waiting to catch something important on the edge of the tub!
RIP C-Rod

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Deckïŋ―nïŋ―tub tales
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2006, 02:23:39 pm »
Karl, looks like the third deck board from the left is off by 2mm - I think you had better tear it all out and start over.

Other than that, it looks great. Your stairs look like they will handle the snow load and aren't likely to be damaged by the snow shovel.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Viper_Dude

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2006, 02:26:17 pm »
Thumbs up on your DIY steps. They turned out much better than mine:

Mine were built out of the scraps of 2x4's the construction guys across the street through away. (And excuse the mess in the photo, it was rather muddy the day the hot tub was delivered, and I couldn't clean it up until it got above freezing).

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2006, 02:36:08 pm »
Thumbs up on your DIY steps. They turned out much better than mine:

Mine were built out of the scraps of 2x4's the construction guys across the street through away. (And excuse the mess in the photo, it was rather muddy the day the hot tub was delivered, and I couldn't clean it up until it got above freezing).

Viper dude...how long are your legs?   ;)  
07 Caldera Geneva

Viper_Dude

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2006, 02:43:16 pm »
Viper dude...how long are your legs?   ;)  

Stretch Armstrong got nothin' on me.  ;D
Actually my fiance didn't like the steps that came with the tub, so I built these. Each step is 14 inches. She likes them now, but is insisting on handrails.  ::)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2006, 02:55:43 pm »
Viper,

I'd put a hand rail up. They honestly look dangerous.
I think there are actually building codes on steps (something like 10" tread and a 7.5" riser, )

07 Caldera Geneva

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2006, 04:15:09 pm »
Actually my fiance didn't like the steps that came with the tub, so I built these. Each step is 14 inches. She likes them now, but is insisting on handrails.  ::)

It's always something. Steps, handrails, clean water, mow the lawn, take out the trash, keep a job, blah, blah, blah
220, 221, whatever it takes!

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2006, 05:32:58 pm »
Karl, looks like the third deck board from the left is off by 2mm - I think you had better tear it all out and start over.

Other than that, it looks great. Your stairs look like they will handle the snow load and aren't likely to be damaged by the snow shovel.

2mm you say...hey - nobodyīs perfect.  ;)

Yes, they can probably handle 5 or 6 freezing bathers without breaking a sweat. Speaking of snow - note the extra lip on top of the upper stair to keep the snowshovel from touching or scratching the cabinet. 8)

tubby06

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2006, 09:06:50 am »
Wow that looks great! If you dont mind can i ask how much did you pay for it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2006, 09:06:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42