What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Deckīnītub tales  (Read 19402 times)

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
Re: Deckīnītub tales
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2006, 08:23:13 pm »
Oh yes, one more thing:

Watertemp is now 55 degrees.
I was really tempted to jump in, but reconsidered.  ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2006, 08:23:13 pm »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2006, 08:54:08 pm »
GOOD idea......*lol*
RIP C-Rod

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2006, 05:48:54 pm »
Whoa. That really took it's time.

Now I'm officially at 104 degrees.

Time to take a bath!
I hope I like it...(Didn't wet test.  :o)

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2006, 06:12:35 pm »
I bet you will      It looks great ........  congrats and enjoy!!

SurgTec

• Up to my neck in hot water!
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2006, 08:08:23 pm »
Karl,

Your "spatopia" looks awesome!  Just don't step out of it on the wrong side!!!!  (i.e. - the one where the deck isn't finished yet!

It looks so apealing in the picture you posted - till you mentioned the 55 degree water!  Glad that it is up to temp now - happy tubbing!

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2006, 09:26:24 pm »
[size=24]Oh yeah![/size]
That was GREAT. Worth all the effort. I had a sore back from working on the deck tonight - it feels fine now.
But damn I'm HOT! Feels almost like a fever. Well, a pleasant fever then.  :)

Everything worked fine. I'd would like to have a 4-5 inch deeper spa, but all in all I am very pleased with the Geneva.
I loved the air massage. It really shook the body up.
The foot massage in the lounger...wow. The spinning and pulsating jets here and there are very good. Powerful but not itchy.

I'm happy.  :)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2006, 07:54:19 am »
Congratulations! What a view! Enjoy!  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2006, 12:31:31 pm »
Looks fantastic! I must say I do like the lights on the outside of the spa. Caldera is the only one I have seen like that. Might be that some wouldn't like that feature but I do.

And I agree that the foot jets on the lounger were nice when I wet tested it.
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2006, 12:50:58 pm »
We talked about the smaller heater on exports (Specifically HS) a few months ago and couldn't get a clear answer on why they have the smaller heaters, do you know if it's req, or just a cost savings trick?
It is what is needed by most parts of Europe. The heaters are made the same, just with a slightly different wattage. Until they sell more Export units than Domestic, I'm afraid the cost per unit will stay HIGHER for the Export version.

For what it's worth, some export areas get a 220 volt 1500 watt heater, because the local power mains will not support anything higher.

A dealer who shall remain nameless sold a domestic tub into the Middle East, and the customer ended up buying a (US)  generator to be able to run it. Worked fine, btw as he also had a bunch of home-theatre stuff and major appliances from the US. Half his home was US power and the other half was local power.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2006, 12:53:03 pm »
It is what is needed by most parts of Europe. The heaters are made the same, just with a slightly different wattage. Until they sell more Export units than Domestic, I'm afraid the cost per unit will stay HIGHER for the Export version.

For what it's worth, some export areas get a 220 volt 1500 watt heater, because the local power mains will not support anything higher.

A dealer who shall remain nameless sold a domestic tub into the Middle East, and the customer ended up buying a (US)  generator to be able to run it. Worked fine, btw as he also had a bunch of home-theatre stuff and major appliances from the US. Half his home was US power and the other half was local power.

What if one was to sell and ship a US tub to Say, SCotland or England?
07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2006, 01:00:16 pm »
Everything went fine except for an airlock in jet #2.
I had to loosen the plumbing there to let some air out.
Caldera states they should only be "hand tightened"..
Yea right. In that case they have Clark Kent in a bad mood working there. I had to use a wrench to get it loose.
After that - just beautiful!
Yes, that's right. That's SNOW you see on the deck.  :'(
Well, the good news is you don't often have the airlock after the first start up - when you change water down the road the pump tends to hold enough water to start right up at refill.

As for the finished product - WOW. Other than the snow I would trade you in an instant! Looks great and I bet it's just in time for your back. I jokingly tell our customers who are doing big projects to always put the tub in first so they can soak the backaches away as they proceed.

Do you think there will be any problem with the sidewalls of the pool giving way and dirt falling into the hole over the years?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2006, 01:02:31 pm »
What if one was to sell and ship a US tub to Say, SCotland or England?
Some manufacturers are not above simply putting in 50 cycle motors and calling it good....

Nobody that we know of, of course.

;)

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2006, 01:23:45 pm »
Well, the good news is you don't often have the airlock after the first start up - when you change water down the road the pump tends to hold enough water to start right up at refill.

As for the finished product - WOW. Other than the snow I would trade you in an instant! Looks great and I bet it's just in time for your back. I jokingly tell our customers who are doing big projects to always put the tub in first so they can soak the backaches away as they proceed.

Do you think there will be any problem with the sidewalls of the pool giving way and dirt falling into the hole over the years?

Thanks!

Yes, I really needed that bath yesterday. It actually gave me enough energy to finish up today. :D
Which means I need another bath tonight.

No, the sidewalls will most likely not cave in. The ground is very stable in itself, and the framwork and sides of the old pool is still there. So, hope not.  

IBinit4fun

• I love this tub,... ...puts a big smile on my face
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2006, 01:28:54 pm »
Fantastic job! Beautiful view! The Geneva is a beautiful tub. Almost bought one several years ago, but lost the opportunity on a year end model and dealer didn't have another to wet test. New model price was lots higher. Ended up wet testing the Euphoria and buying it, but I always loved the looks of the Geneva, especially with its fiber optics lighting.

Do you have summer pest like misquitos? Will water puddles collect under the deck in the pool? Any concerns?

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2006, 01:29:48 pm »
Finished! And S P R I N G is here!

Well, almost. I need to build a stair around the tub and a towelwarmer. But the deck is done. Now I just have to wait for it to loose itīs greenish color and turn grey with the rest och the deck and the tub.
I really like the coastal grey cabinet to this type of deck.

Here's some pics.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2006, 01:29:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42