What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Gulf Coast XL 1100  (Read 13040 times)

J._McD

Re: Gulf Coast XL 1100
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2006, 09:19:23 am »
It does seem sometimes that some deaqlers on here find it hard to believe anyone could be happy with a lesser priced spa.

I think it is mostly because some drink the the kool aide and and others have blinders on causing them to loose their objective point of view.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 09:20:48 am by J._McD »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2006, 09:19:23 am »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2006, 09:27:44 am »
and then there are the people that truly believe in what they sell/own because of their positive experiences with the product/people behind it.....
So much for the blinders and kool-aid huh?
RIP C-Rod

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2006, 11:09:39 am »
My take on the whole thing is that I'm glad you like your spa, I'm glad you found the right one for you and your budget, I hope it gives you a great deal of enjoyment and pleasure with few headaches, and there's no way anyone will convince me in a lifetime that it is equal in any way, shape, fashion, or form to the spas my customers buy.  I sure don't think anyone should make fun of your choice, however.  That's just rude.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

hymbaw

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2006, 01:10:34 pm »
I think the whole "every spa is the same, so if you paid $8-$10k you got ripped off" is the problem here.

As most of you know I am a Sundance dealer with plenty of tubs over $8k, I also carry Great Lakes without a spa over $7500. For that matter I have a couple of the DelSol spas left that I have at $3500.

Are the customers that buy a Sundance getting ripped off? NO!

Are the customers that buy a Great Lakes or a DelSol getting a piece of crap ? NO!

The prices reflect a variety of things including features, warranty, quality of materials, R & D, etc.

I know I've said this before (with mixed results ;D)
ALL SPAS ARE NOT CREATED EQUAL

The problem arise when dishonest people represent their $5000 worth of tub as an equal to the $9000 tubs.

That being said, will a $3500 DelSol make hot water and blow it around? Sure it will, but it ain't an Optima!!
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

salesdvl

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2006, 02:33:39 pm »
and then there are the people that truly believe in what they sell/own because of their positive experiences with the product/people behind it.....
So much for the blinders and kool-aid huh?

It's not the "believeing in what they sell" that bothers people.  It's the arrogance that rubs the wrong way.  I believe in my product very well.  I believe that L.A. Spas makes a very high quality spa.  I believe that other manufacturers do too.  The difference is that most of us can give advice without a back-handed- sarcastic comment.  
Measure once, cut twice.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2006, 03:24:21 pm »
Maybe I'm not as thin-skinned as some folks but I sure don't see any bashing going on or folks succumbing to Kool-aid.  So some people buy a cheaper spa, whoop-de-doo!  It's their money and their lives.  I just don't see anywhere that anyone's being belittled.  If someone's feelings are getting hurt by words on the internet, maybe they need to go over to whatsthebest-manpanties.com.

It's a discussion forum: not everyone's going to agree, not everyone's going to buy the spa you think they should, not everyone's going to get along like Abbott and Costello.  Make the most of the opportunities on this forum, state your case, prepare to back up your claims, and have fun on here. :)

Merry Christmas!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

salesdvl

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2006, 06:27:06 pm »
point made.
Measure once, cut twice.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2006, 10:28:49 pm »
I am not anoyed at Gulf coast inc but the people that sell them.They sell out of a warehouse ,Storage areas and tell yea that they are passing the savings on to you.(Maybe they are better off selling on ebay}
First I don't beleave most of the people that have bought one and then comes online and tells us what great spas they are?
I would beleave if someone has been on this website in the past and then if they buy a gulf coast fine but the people that throw it is our faces and say how great they are,I am sure they are all Gulf Coast Salespeople.........
If I remember there was a picture about 8 months ago showing where gulf coast is built.
Showing that spas thrown all over the place outside and with the weeds around the fence.Looked like a landfill....JT

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2006, 10:28:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42