What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Gulf Coast XL 1100  (Read 13036 times)

rocket

• Life is good!
Re: Gulf Coast XL 1100
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 09:54:55 pm »
Finishing my post.

No delivery, no chemical help, no service under warranty.

It is business people and manufacturer's that sell to them in this way that ruins this industry.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 09:54:55 pm »

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2006, 10:52:38 pm »
I love these people that LOVE gulf coast,they have never been on this site before.But they love to promote the crummy spa....
I Enjoyed their website saying that they have 24 hour service.....{don't know if thats on their website anymore lol}
The people that want gulf coast go knock yourselfs out.
Their will always be idiots that are promoting their junkkkkkk.JohnnyT

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2006, 10:13:50 am »
I love these people that LOVE gulf coast,they have never been on this site before.But they love to promote the crummy spa....
I Enjoyed their website saying that they have 24 hour service.....{don't know if thats on their website anymore lol}
The people that want gulf coast go knock yourselfs out.
Their will always be idiots that are promoting their junkkkkkk.JohnnyT

I bet that makes Gulf Coast owners feel welcome here and very willing to share their experince with their spas
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 10:16:47 am by jsimo7 »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2006, 10:53:45 am »
I bet that makes Gulf Coast owners feel welcome here and very willing to share their experince with their spas

That's just Johnny's subtle touch at work.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2006, 04:03:44 pm »
Didn't we have a Gulfcoast factory guy show up months ago, and he couldn't take the heat, so he got out of the kitchen?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2006, 04:33:53 pm »
Didn't we have a Gulfcoast factory guy show up months ago, and he couldn't take the heat, so he got out of the kitchen?

He came in expecting to wow us but couldn't stand the heat when he was questioned so he hightailed it out of here. He did confirm the voiding of warranties when people don't send in their registration cards back but he couldn't double talk us into understanding why they do so (beyond the obvious reason to save $$ despite how screwed people would feel that got shafted).

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2006, 04:34:41 pm »
Yeah, he scooted pretty fast.  
I guess he couldn't deal with all the questions we had for him.  I think he was epsecially upset that we'd dare question the practice of voiding the warranty if the spa's owner didn't get the return card back to Gulf Coast within a specific time.  
Especially when most other spa companies don't require the return of that silly card.  
And then he got really mad when was commented that his reasons for requiring that card returned didn't stand up to logic.  
For some unknown reason, he didn't like us to ask such things, so he took his dolly and went home.

Brewman

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2006, 06:46:45 pm »
I have to agree with the people about the apparent slams on this forum of anybody that buys a "lesser tub" meaning not a 8-10k priced unit. I read this forum a lot but don't reply because I don't need to hear how I bought junk because I didn't spend 10k. I always hear you need a good quality product so it will last. But then you say the dealer is most important so they will stand behind their products when you have problems. This tells me every mfg has some problems at some point. If I feel as good in a 5k tub as I do in a 10k tub will the 10k tub last twice as long? I believe if you take good care and maintain properly most should last a long time. Comparing to cars, some like to make a statement with their ride others like to get from one point to another. Don't get me wrong I enjoy reading the forum but some of the dealers retoric gets old very fast. By the way I looked at several spas including marquis, D1, Hot Springs, Tiger River, Beachcomber, Solana,Sundance, Thermospa, great lakes and others I forget. In the end I bought a Emerald and couldn't be happier.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2006, 07:23:26 pm »
I have to agree with the people about the apparent slams on this forum of anybody that buys a "lesser tub" meaning not a 8-10k priced unit. I read this forum a lot but don't reply because I don't need to hear how I bought junk because I didn't spend 10k. I always hear you need a good quality product so it will last. But then you say the dealer is most important so they will stand behind their products when you have problems. This tells me every mfg has some problems at some point. If I feel as good in a 5k tub as I do in a 10k tub will the 10k tub last twice as long? I believe if you take good care and maintain properly most should last a long time. Comparing to cars, some like to make a statement with their ride others like to get from one point to another. Don't get me wrong I enjoy reading the forum but some of the dealers retoric gets old very fast. By the way I looked at several spas including marquis, D1, Hot Springs, Tiger River, Beachcomber, Solana,Sundance, Thermospa, great lakes and others I forget. In the end I bought a Emerald and couldn't be happier.

Well I have to disagree to a large degree. If you look at the opening post you'd see how his rhetoric got us to us too. I'm fine with there being some good bargains out there to choose from (GC or othewise) but don't sell us on how you're getting screwed if you don't go that route. Here are some excerpts that tend to get the crowd going:

"The Gulf Coast is an awesome tub at much less cost."

OK, that's his opinion and that's fine but then it goes on:

"The Artesian dealer was trying to rake me for 11800 for the piper without the sound."

"However if your win the lottery and don't care about getting raked go with the piper glen."

Those kind of statements are what get things going. If he wants to come in and say that for the $$ the GC is a good, great or awesome spa choice then more power to him but some of us don't want to hear the old story of how his spa is the same thing for half the price and the other shopper is getting taken for a ride.

I really don't know Emerald but I've heard some people say they are a good deal and we all hope you're happy. However, if you came here saying "I got the Emerald XYZ spa for $7k and I saved $3k over what the Artesian dealer (or Sundance, Marquis, etc.) was trying to rake me for" then you might find some people not too happy with your approach either.

BTW, did you notice he started a second thread about GC spas? On that one he amended his position a bit and took of some of the over the top crap that got people to get out the torches and start storming the castle. It's amazing how a few changes in wording can effect whether you sound like you have an opinion as to opposed to sounding like someone trying to be an ass.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2006, 07:46:44 pm »
aww crap....you mean I have to put the torch away???  :-/
RIP C-Rod

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2006, 08:18:21 pm »
SPATECH T.U.O,
I agree his post was a little over the top. I don't know if he is a spokesman or just a real happy guy with the deal he got. It does seem sometimes that some deaqlers on here find it hard to believe anyone could be happy with a lesser priced spa. I find that if you believe you got a deal than you did. We all have 20/20 hindsight and maybe in 5-10 years I will look back and say should of spent the 10k. Then again maybe not. Who knows for sure. One thing I do know is that I love having a hot tub.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2006, 09:46:39 pm »
SPATECH T.U.O,
I agree his post was a little over the top. I don't know if he is a spokesman or just a real happy guy with the deal he got. It does seem sometimes that some deaqlers on here find it hard to believe anyone could be happy with a lesser priced spa. I find that if you believe you got a deal than you did. We all have 20/20 hindsight and maybe in 5-10 years I will look back and say should of spent the 10k. Then again maybe not. Who knows for sure. One thing I do know is that I love having a hot tub.

I don't think we're really too apart in our thinking.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2006, 10:21:50 pm »
I think what really bothers most folks on this and other forums about Gulf Coast is the way they market their spas. In the North East, most GC Spas are sold thru Public Storage Garage Sellers and advertised in the classified sections of newspapers, with tiny ads promising a normally priced $11,000 spa, still in wrapper and available today only for $5300. I have seen the wholesale prices for these tubs and can assure you $5300 is full retail for that XL1100. There is nothing wrong with buying a tub for $5300. All of the brands mentioned by this poster, Hot Springs, Artesian and Dimension One offer spas in the $5300 price range. And they are sold everyday at that price, with no fake 1/2 priced selling techniques. What is wrong with this picture is comparing it to a Artesian Piper Glen, Hot Springs or Dimension One and telling people it is the same, for 1/2 the price. I think the Hyundai vs. BMW 700 Series comparison was fairly accurate. GC just started making their own spas 3 months ago, after terminating its private labeling agreement with Hydro Spas, the long time maker of GC Spas. So time will tell just how good these new spas really are.

dswslp

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2006, 12:03:13 am »
you guys are alittle thick.  i think my point was if i had all the money in the world i'd buy the piper.  but have any of you seen the XL 1100??  it is alot of tub for the money.  NJDave Would you sell an 05 piper for 10000 to 10500?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2006, 02:35:32 am »
you guys are alittle thick.  

We can't all be as brilliant as yourself.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2006, 02:35:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42