What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'm going to factory Tech Training!!  (Read 2458 times)

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
I'm going to factory Tech Training!!
« on: April 15, 2006, 02:47:13 pm »
After pleading, begging, and pouting I've convinced my boss to let me go to Coleman tech training.

I'm not a tech and don't consider myself much of a DIYer. After 12 years selling spas I wanted to take have a better understanding of how these things work. We have been short handed in the tech department for the last 6 months. Just can't find qualified help that wants to stick their hands in water and fix spas in the winter in North Dakota. ??? ??? I want to help out where I can but I'm not to sure how much tech work I'll want to do when it's -20 outside. Since I work in a fireplace store that stays a balmy 85 degrees all winter that -20 will feel twice as cold. I think I'd like to be a fair weather tech...  

I just received my itinerary and it is two full days of hands on training. We'll get to do everything from acrylic repair to pump seal replacement.  

At the very bottom they said to where old clothes that you don't mind ruining... ??? ???

The saying, be careful what you wish for it just might happen, is starting to come to mind.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 02:52:44 pm by spahappy »

Hot Tub Forum

I'm going to factory Tech Training!!
« on: April 15, 2006, 02:47:13 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: I'm going to factory Tech Training!!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 02:52:51 pm »
Good for you....I am sure you will learn much and have a grat time doing so.... :D

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 04:02:55 pm »
Thanks Mendo,

I just left the store to check on a Jacuzzi thats down thinking it might be something simple like a clogged filter. The message says flo2. I looked it up in the book and cleaned both filters and hiked my capri pants up enough to get part way into the spa and put the hose over the circ pump jet to try to unlock an air lock. After both those failed to fix the spa the book indicated a pressure switch on the circ pump is stuck open.

It's the day before Easter and this customers whole family will be home. I really want to try to fix this as my service tech won't be able to be there till Monday. Can anyone on here walk me through this? Please!!!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 04:03:23 pm by spahappy »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 04:44:44 pm »
Power down the spa. Just to the left ot the heater you will see a "T" shaped fitting. This is the flo/pressure sensor. Clamp off the hose on either side of it. Use something like dish towels and vice grips. This allows you to make the change with out draining the tub. the towels protect the plumbing. Loosen the hose clamps on either end of the flo swithch and remove from the plumbing. There is a small hose on the bottom with a little spring clamp you will need to remove as well. Pinch this hose closed too. You are still probably going to get wet. Follow the wire back to the board. Unplug it. depunding upon the spa you will need a very thin rigid object to poke through the connector so the box end or spring end will come out. pull the wire through, push the new wire through, reconnect the plumbing to the new flow switch tichten all clamps remove the clamps and turn it back on. All this assumeing you have a flow switch in stock. good luck. Happy Easter or as we call it Resurection Day.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 04:44:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42