What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Got me worried  (Read 8293 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Got me worried
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 04:59:22 pm »
You'll probably spend $30.00- $40.00 in fuel to trailer the spa back 40 miles after driving 40 miles to pick it up as well.  Actuall savings = $160.00.  Worth it??

Good point and after adding in the beer ...
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 04:59:22 pm »

cappykat

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2006, 06:13:52 pm »
Danger Will Robinson Danger !!

Don't do it!
2005 Marquis Epic

jnsjr58

• Do like the smart piggy... build it with brick!!
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2006, 06:44:33 pm »
At $1,000.00 I may consider it.  :-/

Is the dealer really on your side??  Looking out for your best interest???  Keep shopping!!!

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2006, 08:36:50 pm »
IF perchance, you decide to be tight and try it anyhow...
Here's what my dealer did (if you recall the pics that looked like Jerry Garcia moving a tub I posted a couple weeks ago?)
use the technology the Egyptians did...grab some PVC pipe chunks (ok, they didn't use PVC, but they DID use logs to roll the bricks) to help you roll the tub to the location you want it on your deck/patio....this also works to rotate the tub if you need to, without needing 12 people to do this. When the tub is located in its final resting place, the only thing to do yet is to lever the tub off the pipes. My dealer accomplished this somewhat un-gracefully by use of 2x4 and prybar. It wasn't really pretty, but it DID work, and it took two 60+ year old guys to move a 1,000 pound 8'4"x7'7" spa onto a deck that measures 8' x 9'.
It's something that takes common sense to successfully accomplish....but IMHO, I'd pay the extra $200, and go cheap somewhere else for now.....at least you've got the assurance this way that if the tub DOES get damaged, it's covered if your dealer is the one moving it. ;)
Good luck!!
RIP C-Rod

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2006, 10:04:44 pm »
My son had access to a large rubber-tired fork lift that he could use to get our hot tub up into the room at no cost to me.  But it would be difficult.

The dealer delivered the spa for free and I elected to pay $350 to the crane company they recommended because he was bonded.  If he damaged my $8,000 hot tub his insurance would have provided a new one.

If my son damaged it I would have an $8,000 pile of splinters, pipes and motors in my yard and an empty hot tub room.

It was a no-brainer for me.
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2006, 11:45:01 pm »
$200 is a steal. Don't even think about it.....
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2006, 09:37:38 am »
Ahhh yes, Deception. Always a smart choice. Bill, I'm SURE you were joking, but with all the crap that flies around here about spa dealers, you of all people  :o

Assuming your married, tell your wife that you paid $200 more than you did, but that you negotiated free delivery.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2006, 09:42:35 am »
And although it could happen anytime, and that's why we all have insurance,  but with my luck some goober would rear end me as I drove the tub home.  :-[

Or, just as I think I have the thing place right,  Boom! it gets dropped that last 4" and shakes the whole plumibing compartment to all hell.

$200 is cheap insurance, plus you'll have the dealer taking all the liability and checking out your install.  
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 09:44:27 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2006, 09:51:21 am »

If you can get the dealer to load it flat on your trailer and all you have to do is drive it right up to the slab and unlaod it that easily then that's a lot different. I'm still not sure I'd do that to save $200 but if its that easy of a delivery (most are certainly more difficult) then it's really up to you.

BTW, what spa are you getting?

I had it narrowed down to the Majesta first, and the Envoy second. But, as goofy as it sounds that $200.00 dollars for the delivery will put me in the Vanguard as the only tub in my budget. I am literally down to saving pennies here and there from the money budgeted.
Oh.... the pain, the pain.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2006, 09:55:56 am »
$200 for delivery is the best money you'll ever spend.  I recently sold a Vista on consignment to a friend and they took 14 people to move it.  We delivered the spa with 3 guys.  Let the experts do it and if something goes wrong, they're responsible.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

anne

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2006, 10:35:59 am »

I had it narrowed down to the Majesta first, and the Envoy second. But, as goofy as it sounds that $200.00 dollars for the delivery will put me in the Vanguard as the only tub in my budget. I am literally down to saving pennies here and there from the money budgeted.
Oh.... the pain, the pain.

Oh, dont buy a spa that is your second choice with only a few hundred dollars keeping you from your dream. Can you:

-Finance part?
-Have them hold it a month or two until a few hundred $$ is more available?
-Can anyone help? (Really really cool birthday present)
-Sell a child?

;)
Dance like nobody's watching

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2006, 10:34:02 pm »
-Sell a child?  ;)

Perfect!  ;D
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

RayF-1

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2006, 10:02:10 am »
Trailered a tub 900 miles from factory.  Factory second - cosmetic defect in surface - savings (a couple $K) paid for electrician and dealer unload/hook-up.  

Blocked and braced WELL before departing .. did not move an inch.  (Photo available - but I'm not savy enough to insert.)

RAY

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2006, 10:14:57 am »
The guys that do this regularly are so good that they just make it look like it isn't worth $200.  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

devilwoman

• Love football, hiking, biking, and photography
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2006, 10:12:49 am »
And what if one of your buddies gets hurt while moving the tub?  You'd probably have to file a claim against your homeowner's insurance but what's that going to do to your rates?  And will he/she still be a friend afterward?  I think the $200 is worth it.

Jim

Man after slapping down 7k the dealer should deliver it for free.  That was part of my deal when we purchase our tub...and my dealer (the dick that he is...oops...can I say dick?) had to stick to it (since it was written down in the agreement) even though he tried to weisel out of it...he is 200 miles away 1way.  Yeah that was a hard bargan...maybe that is why he has been less than supportive as a dealer   ;)  But hey his associates made the deal during the Alaskan Fair.  So I was not about to say no.  Then when weiner head...(I can say weiner right...thats ok?) took over the company from his brother (his brother was a great guy and the people he had working for him were top notch) he was a complete jerk.  Trying to get out of all the deals that were with in the signed agreement.  Thank god we had something in writing.

Anyway with all the chemicals you will probably be purchasing from your dealer I am surprised he doesn't deliver it for free.  Once ours was delivered I had to rent a crane to put it up on the deck (sunken into the deck).  I was gonna have some friends come over to help, but I had a very wise friend encourage me to go with the crane because the chance of getting some one hurt or damaging the tub was just too great....he was right.   The crane took 10 minutes to use with him at the controls and me up on the deck guiding it into place.  The was 185.00 well spent in my opinion.

Good luck
Dichlor, N2, Ozone and an Artesian Dove Canyon.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2006, 10:12:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42