What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What to do about my electric bill  (Read 8616 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: What to do about my electric bill
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2006, 05:07:43 pm »
T-Lady, they haven't contacted me yet...I am going to draw a nasty picture on my meter in case they try to switch it out when I am not here and hope I don't notice ;D  I think I'll draw Term's pig!

I thought you'd palnned to get a meter for the spa so you can clear that issue up? I think that would be wise because I doubt the energy company will truly pay much attention until/unless you can say what that is drawing. If it turns out to be reasonable as I suspect it should then they may start to think they really need get on board.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 05:55:08 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2006, 05:07:43 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2006, 05:43:46 pm »
Spatech, I am still thinking about getting an in home meter, but I don't know how to evaluate them. The person at the electric company (from now on known as PECO), told me to save my money until they check my meter...sometime within the next 30 days. I did have an electrician check my baseline draw and my tub with the heater on , and both jets. That all checked out. The tub seems to be perfectly within the manufacturer's ratings.
Unless something is going on that I am unaware of, the tub shouldn't be using the same amount of electric as my entire household per month. So the meter was not to just check on my tub, I thought I may need to check appliances etc., because something HAS to be wrong. I guess really my first step is to wait for PECO to tell me everything is good from their standpoint.  :-/
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2006, 05:57:42 pm »
Spatech, I am still thinking about getting an in home meter, but I don't know how to evaluate them.   :-/

I know someone on Doc's site (Rali) went through this same thing and got someone to come and evaluate her entire property which showed the spa to be within expectations but I forget what the culprits ended up being.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2006, 06:05:21 pm »
How can I find out? I don't go on that site so I don't know how to search for stuff like that. I know I can't be the only one that this has happened to and I'm not giving up until I do get some kind of answer...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2006, 06:33:57 pm »
How can I find out? I don't go on that site so I don't know how to search for stuff like that. I know I can't be the only one that this has happened to and I'm not giving up until I do get some kind of answer...

Maybe you can ask Doc to send her your e-mail address. I'm sure she's the type to want to pass on what she went through.

This is not within her original string about the subject but I saw a recent post where she commented on it when someone else was asking and summarised as you can see below:

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/bbs/config.pl?noframes;read=84325

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2006, 09:53:55 pm »
Thanks Spatech, I read through the whole thread. I see that she was able to find other items (dehumidifiers, sump pumps etc). That's just it, I have nothing like that going on. I am going to check out the meter in the Home Depot, it may work as well as the home monitors that I was looking at and be less expensive. Thanks so much for your help.. ;).Boni

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2006, 09:53:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42