What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Used Sundance Optima vs New Gulfcoast LX11000  (Read 12063 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: Used Sundance Optima vs New Gulfcoast LX11000
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 04:53:11 am »
dswlp, enough of the sympathy emails.  You are a happy gulf coast spa owner we get it.  If you think no one here will slam arcitc, then you have had your head up you.....well lets just say, it is obvious that you do not read these forums.

Gulf coast has a terrible reputation and that is the bottom line.  It may be a great tub for you, however, staying on this forum long enough will allow you to see all the negative press that they get.  

If one person complains about a product, i say its a fluke, if you get repeated complaints, I say its an issue.  

As for the arcitc.  Brand new sumit here in ontario canada is 10k canadian for the sumit.  I would say, make a deal with the guy and spend an extra 1000 canadian and get a brand new one with warranty.  You say your limit is 8k.  If you can get the tub brand new for 10k, I would say spend the bucks and you will be happier.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 04:53:11 am »

merlot1999

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2006, 08:14:57 am »
Thanks for all of your advice.
I think I will try to check if I can arrange something with the original dealer to transfer the warranty if they are close enough from my house.
I've heard that spa can easelly be broken while moving.
What do you think about that?

merlot1999

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2006, 08:17:35 am »
dswlp, enough of the sympathy emails.  You are a happy gulf coast spa owner we get it.  If you think no one here will slam arcitc, then you have had your head up you.....well lets just say, it is obvious that you do not read these forums.

Gulf coast has a terrible reputation and that is the bottom line.  It may be a great tub for you, however, staying on this forum long enough will allow you to see all the negative press that they get.  

If one person complains about a product, i say its a fluke, if you get repeated complaints, I say its an issue.  

As for the arcitc.  Brand new sumit here in ontario canada is 10k canadian for the sumit.  I would say, make a deal with the guy and spend an extra 1000 canadian and get a brand new one with warranty.  You say your limit is 8k.  If you can get the tub brand new for 10k, I would say spend the bucks and you will be happier.

Is it for a legend? Is it for a 2005 or 2006?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2006, 09:11:15 am »
The guy who sell the arctic said nothing equals Arctic for the isolation.  What do you think?

Well, this has been hotly debated. (You can go over to the Dead horse file to see our bickering over if Artic is superioer to the FF guys).

Folks here who have an Artic claim it's hot, and just as good as a quality FF.   I know of a few folks in New England that have an Artic and they are happy with it. I have a watkins full foamed tub and it performed well in the winter.  

I would be a bit hesitent on the insualtion of the gulf coast. It's a lower end tub useing a Thermal design.  

Are there any lurkers out there who have a gulfcoast  who have used it in the dead of winter and comment on it's ability to heat and maintian temps, and what your electrical  consumption is?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 09:14:26 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

merlot1999

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2006, 10:37:17 am »
dswlp, enough of the sympathy emails.  

Is it for a legend serie? is it for a 2005 or 2006?

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: !Used Sundance Optima vs New Gulfcoast LX11000
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2006, 11:37:42 am »
 of coarse people will slam gc but not artic.  gc will give you alot for your money.   anyother outlets for gc around your area? Mine was 5395 american

I would slam any one who sells out of a garage or storage place. I certainly wouldn't slam GC if it's bought from a storefront, like you did. I certainly think everyone should get as much for their dollar as they can. But buying a Rolex on the streets of NYC, why would a quality product be sold out of a person's jacket! ???  

A local HS dealer sells Icon or Weslo spas and hopefully he gives better service than Walmart. I can see someone buying one from him and be happy with their purchase and knowing if something goes wrong they have someone to go to.

Maybe for me it's because I grew up in NYC but a store that's been at a location for a while gives me a better feeling then a storage place that's been rented for who knows how long. And yes the store can go out of business as well.

merlot1999

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2006, 06:33:21 pm »

I would be a bit hesitent on the insualtion of the gulf coast. It's a lower end tub useing a Thermal design.  

Are there any lurkers out there who have a gulfcoast  who have used it in the dead of winter and comment on it's ability to heat and maintian temps, and what your electrical  consumption is?

Anyone got more information or electricity bill for a Gulfcoast?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2006, 11:42:19 am »

Anyone got more information or electricity bill for a Gulfcoast?

I have a customer who's co-worker bought one out of a storage building.  He is not happy with his $60/month increase in his electric bill and that is in Texas where it's pretty mild.  No way on earth would I own one, much less in Canada, where I hear it gets quite chilly.

I've heard 10 times as many negatives about Gulf Coast for every 1 positive.  Take it for what it's worth and good luck. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

merlot1999

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2006, 08:59:30 pm »
After the advices and comments, I'm thinking more and more that I'm going to go for the used spa.

I have looked at all the used models I can find in newspaper and others spot.

I'm still with the first 2 models I asked at the beginning.
I'm talking about the Artic spa summit Legend 2005 and the Sundance Optima 2005.

There is also 2 others model for which any comments would be appreciate:  A Beachcomber 730 year 2004 and a Elite Maax 8000 year 2005.
The only one who might come with a garantee is the beachcomber but I still have to look at it.

So, what is your pick ??????????????????? ???

Any facts about electricity consumption?

Thanks
Anyone can comments on what would they choose between the Artic spa summit Legend 2005 and the Sundance Optima 2005

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2006, 08:56:32 am »
I wet-tested an Optima last week in  order to get a feel for the Majesta. (The Majesta is similar but, smaller then an Optima).
If it were in my price range I would have bought the Optima right there on the spot! No ifs, ands or butts! ;D
Good luck!

anne

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2006, 11:22:24 am »
Have you wet tested these spas? Hopefully that will be part of your purchasing process?

Sundance and Beachcomber were 2 brands that I did not  look at while shopping, so I cannot say anything about them. I was, however, amazed at the difference between the jet feel and quality of massage/therapy amongst HS, D1, Caldera, Artesian, Tiger River (which not surprisingly felt pretty much like HS, but just fewer jets), Catalina, Marquis, and LA Spas. Arctic was by far the most comfortable and had the most powerful and relaxing jets.......for me. I posted here a few times while shopping because I was agonizing over choosing between a well established, available anywhere, popular HS Envoy which I "liked" versus the Arctic Summit Legend that I LOVED from a smaller/ younger/ less proven company, from a less experienced dealer.  I have not had my tub 10-15 years yet, so I wont claim that I absolutely made the right choice. But I am VERY happy with it, and there is just no way for me to compare the feel of this tub to any others that I sat in. It is far superior.....for me.

There are 3 Arctic dealers in all of CA. There are 3 HS dealers just in my local area. What does this mean? Buying an Arctic is a little scarier because of the percieved potential for lack of support. It also means you may not have that many people on this forum able to contribute an opinion about Arctic, since they have never sat in one.  

Good luck with your choice! Sounds like you have narrowed it down to well regarded brands, so do your homework, and then go with your instinct!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 11:22:47 am by anne »
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2006, 11:22:24 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42