What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: A Handy Dandy Guide to Heaters  (Read 2798 times)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
A Handy Dandy Guide to Heaters
« on: April 10, 2006, 05:37:20 pm »
Hey gang,

n1oty on Doc's board posted this guide to spa heaters that I found to be very informative and well written:
I hope everyone finds it as entertaining and informative as I.  Any comments on the information given would be appreciated....especially from the hard working dealers/spa techs out there.
Please give all credit to n1oty. 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« on: April 10, 2006, 05:37:20 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: A Handy Dandy Guide to Heaters
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 07:04:22 pm »
Very intersting reading. I was reading the section about chemical abuse being tough on heaters. They mention low PH and Hi hardness.  No mention of low hardness, I might have to email them and get their thoughts on that.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 08:05:35 am »
Hey gang,

n1oty on Doc's board posted this guide to spa heaters that I found to be very informative and well written:
I hope everyone finds it as entertaining and informative as I.  Any comments on the information given would be appreciated....especially from the hard working dealers/spa techs out there.
Please give all credit to n1oty. 8)

You know windsurfdog...I saved that to my computer when nloty posted it...great minds do think alike  ;D.

Thanks for posting it for others.  I enjoy the nloty posts, as I do all of the techs/dealers that spend their time helping others on the forums.  I am fortunate that he is from my area and does service work for my dealer ( though I am thinking more for when I am out of warranty).

windsurfdog

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 09:02:29 am »
Very intersting reading. I was reading the section about chemical abuse being tough on heaters. They mention low PH and Hi hardness.  No mention of low hardness, I might have to email them and get their thoughts on that.

Good thoughts mc.......make sure to update us when you hear from them......I'll be interested in their response as well.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

windsurfdog

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 09:53:00 am »

You know windsurfdog...I saved that to my computer when nloty posted it...great minds do think alike  ;D.

Thanks for posting it for others.  I enjoy the nloty posts, as I do all of the techs/dealers that spend their time helping others on the forums.  I am fortunate that he is from my area and does service work for my dealer ( though I am thinking more for when I am out of warranty).

I, too, enjoy n1oty's posts as I enjoy all the posts from the dealers/techs that frequent this and Doc's site.....their insights are extremely valuable.  Indeed you are lucky to have n1oty in your neck of the woods!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 10:22:41 am »
Good thoughts mc.......make sure to update us when you hear from them......I'll be interested in their response as well.

Just got done checking everything in my tub, hardness is the only thing out of wack, its real low. Not sure which local dealer has the best price on that.  Master is the closest until the new LA Spa dealer opens, whenever that is.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 12:58:02 pm »
Notice the name for the protective sheath around the heater element?  Incoloy.  THere are different grades.  Many of you are telling your customers that you have titanium heaters, when in fact they are actually incoloy that contain up to 1% titanium max.  Just thought you'd like to know.  I guess titanium (1%) sounds better than nickel (20%+)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 01:05:22 pm »
Notice the name for the protective sheath around the heater element?  Incoloy.  THere are different grades.  Many of you are telling your customers that you have titanium heaters, when in fact they are actually incoloy that contain up to 1% titanium max.  Just thought you'd like to know.  I guess titanium (1%) sounds better than nickel (20%+)

Not all tub makers use heaters from that particular manufacturer. As such, there are some heaters out there with actual Titanium heaters, some of which also have protective coatings similar to Teflon.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 01:05:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42