What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Epic or Artesian Piper Glen  (Read 6842 times)

FF681

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Marquis Epic or Artesian Piper Glen
« on: April 04, 2006, 09:34:46 pm »
Thanks for all the help so far.

We are getting closer to spatopia by the day :D . I have it narrowed down to these two spas and would welcome any and all opinions. Are these prices in line for what I should expect in North Texas?

The Epic is around $9700.
The Piper is $10,500.

Both have all the extras (lights lifter,steps, chems...) minus the stereo.

We like them both equally but would like to hear what the experts here have to say.

Help!!!!!!!! ;D

FF681 :D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 09:36:03 pm by FF681 »

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Epic or Artesian Piper Glen
« on: April 04, 2006, 09:34:46 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Marquis Epic or Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 09:38:35 pm »
both are very nice spas and really just about as nice as most any you will find....If you read the warranty it is a "bit" stronger on the Marquis....if you have wet tested both than which did you perfer.....

FF681

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 09:42:05 pm »
If I was going to lean one way or the other I might tilt toward the Piper.

mark_in_calif

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 09:56:49 pm »
So we own a artesian Dove Canyon which is the lounger version of the Piper and we love it.. Really love the individual seat controls -- no fighting in our household!
8 months and not a peep of an issue at all and we bought a floor testor model that had been in use for about 6 months.
So of course i'd vote for Artesian, but I know that Marquis Epic is a great tub too.. It just didnt fit us as well when we tested.

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 10:06:00 pm »
The Epic worked great for us, didn't see the artesian line here.  If the reviews are good then get what fits you best and good luck.
Steve

cappykat

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 10:22:20 pm »
We have an Epic and love it.  I didn't fully understand the trizone when we got it but I don't feel like we gave up anything because of it.  Each seat has its unique therapy and great power.  We've had no problems.

Great hot-tub!
2005 Marquis Epic

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 11:21:57 pm »
We like them both equally but would like to hear what the experts here have to say.

You forgot to mention to us whether you've wet teted them. Not everyone wants to wet test but if you'r truly on the fence you really owe it to yourself to do so. You may come back from doing so and say "Thanks anyway everyone but we wet tested yesterday and we immediately knew that the _________ was for us!".
220, 221, whatever it takes!

FF681

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 11:26:39 pm »
We did wet test both. We wet tested a few others but these two made the short list.

MarKee

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 12:12:20 am »
Can't go wrong with the Epic and Marquis being one of the most established companies in the industry...Mendo is right about the warranty, you'd be hard pressed to find a company that warranties plumbing for 7 years and the cabinet for 7 years against not only structural flaws but fading and warping of the siding.  The equipment warranty is no-fault meaning you are not penalized if your water chemistry gets out of line and causes problems.  Not to mention it's one of the only transferrable warranties out there...

Snyper

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 12:55:58 am »
I'd go with the Epic hands down. Employee owned means MUCH better service and MUCH better people to deal with.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 09:23:20 am »
Here's my take on it.

As Mendo said, Maquis has a bit of an edge (2 years) in the warranty catagory over Artesian. Quite honestly, I didn't have a chance to see the Marquis tubs when I was shopping due to their price range and the dealer talked them down. Actually the dealer stopped carrying Marquis and now carries Artesian.

Take what MarKee and Snyper said with a grain of salt as they probably are happy Marquis customers. Maybe not, but Artesian is just as good and of high quality as Marquis IMO. Of course I'm a happy Artesian owner. EVERY manufacturer has issues even Marquis and Artesian. I personally have jet issues, they're made by Waterway (A LOT of companies use Waterway), the tabs that hold them in place break off AND they are replaced under warranty - I'm being taken care of by Artesian just as well as any Marquis people out there.

The bottom line is what YOU like the best.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 09:32:38 am »
Did you wet test?  These tubs look like they have significant differences (gallon size, # of pumps and the seating arrangement : Marquis has the lounger,  Piper the foot dome)

I only know these spas by reputation (both are good), but I am also drawn to the Piper Glen (I love foot domes)  And after hearing about the Piper Glen here,  I have alsways wanted to  try one.  ;)

Wet test!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 09:33:51 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 09:44:13 am »
Where are you in North Texas, D/FW?  Always good to have a fellow Texan on the forum, even if they're taste in spas is a bit peculiar. ;D

Actually, those are both good brands of spas and you'd be happy with either.  The water is HOT, SPRING is in the air in Texas.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 09:52:35 am »
 The water is HOT, SPRING is in the air in Texas.

Terminator

*lol* he never gives up...but seriously, if you tried both, and "are leaning" toward the Artesian....sounds like you've made up your mind on which YOU prefer. They're both quality products, with solid warranties....don't look here for the deciding factor, look to what your arse tells you!
Best of luck!
RIP C-Rod

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 09:54:57 am »
Which of the two did you prefer after wet-testing? I was all but convinced I'd be getting the Envoy from HotSprings but, after wet-testing my 6'5" frame, it just didn't feel right. Sorry Term! :( :-[
Also, which of the dealers do you feel more comfortable with in regards to service?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 09:54:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42