What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Starting all over  (Read 4209 times)

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
Starting all over
« on: March 31, 2006, 10:01:20 am »
Well, I'm taking the advice of T-Lady and starting all over. The only good thing about this is I told my 4 year old he gets to leave his Little Tykes hoop on the patio for a little while longer.
By the way T-Lady, I'm very jealous. Looks awesome!

Last night I drove the 30 minutes to a Hot Springs dealer outside of Milwaukee. I was very impressed. Makes me wonder why I didn't give Hot Springs a look before. I'm waiting on their call back on prices for either an 05 Vanguard and 05 Envoy. I'm not messing around this time. I told them if the price is right I'll bring them a check.
Term, any advice being a reknowned HS dealer?
Thanks to all for your help!

Hot Tub Forum

Starting all over
« on: March 31, 2006, 10:01:20 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Starting all over
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 10:15:52 am »
Thanks for the opportunity to help, I really appreciate your show of faith in my ability and I'm honored that you would include me in your search. :)

As far as advice regarding the two spas:

Basically the same, Grandee is quite a bit bigger.  If your purpose is for large gatherings in the spa, Grandee all the way.  If you are wanting a more intimate setting that still has plenty of room, go with the Vanguard.  You will get the same massage from either.  My personal preference is the DX Moto and the Grandee has two of them.  The Moto is nice, but once you try the DX Moto, you won't enjoy the single one as much.  I also find it easier to stretch out in the Grandee, but I displace a lot of water. ;D

Advice regarding getting the best deal:  Tell the dealer what you have been through in your shopping and explain to them that you are ready to buy.  Tell them that if he is willing to give you his best offer right off the bat and it is reasonable (let him know you have done your research and will know a good deal if you see one), he will have your business and a satisfied customer that will send him more business.  That is the way to establish a great business relationship that will grow over the years.

Good luck and please feel free to contact me if you have any specific questions.  I'm always happy to help. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 12:53:46 pm »
Skellman, if you're looking near Milwaukee...my HS dealer is about 30 minutes north of the city in West Bend.....Give 'em a holler, they're AWESOME! PM me if you're interested.
RIP C-Rod

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 12:54:56 pm »
Here we go. :P I was quoted as follows.

05 Envoy with stairs, cover, cover lift, start-up chems, delivery and light package. This one is a demo with water in it. Don't know how long they've been using it to show. I know-I'll ask!
$7200.00 + tax

05 Vanguard with stairs, cover, cover lift, start-up chems and delivery. I believe this is just sitting in their other store. $6800.00 + tax.

I guarantee it will be one of these two. Which is the way to go my friends? I honestly believe I will not be disappointed with either one.

Chris_H

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 12:55:58 pm »
Envoy

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 12:57:05 pm »
Here we go. :P I was quoted as follows.

05 Envoy with stairs, cover, cover lift, start-up chems, delivery and light package. This one is a demo with water in it. Don't know how long they've been using it to show. I know-I'll ask!
$7200.00 + tax

05 Vanguard with stairs, cover, cover lift, start-up chems and delivery. I believe this is just sitting in their other store. $6800.00 + tax.

I guarantee it will be one of these two. Which is the way to go my friends? I honestly believe I will not be disappointed with either one.

That Vanguard price is the lowest I have ever seen.   :o
I'm not up on the Envoy, but I paid that much for my Tiger River.  WOW.

If I were you I'd put on my swim suit, grab the check book and head over for a wet test.  ;D  You can't go wrong with those prices.  IMHO.  

I
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 12:58:42 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

hymbaw

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 01:18:22 pm »
My vote would be for the Optima. Err.... I mean the Envoy ;D
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Brookenstein

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 01:34:29 pm »
I love my 05 Envoy...   ;)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 01:43:44 pm »
On a quick look, to me it seems that the differnce is the Envoy has a lounger and more formed seating.

The vanguard has no lounger but 2 motto massage seats (A single and a dual) and a bit more open seating.

Other than that, pretty much everything else is the same? (pumps, heater, quality, ozone, )  OR did I miss something?
If I'm correct, it would come down to what seating preferece you have , and a wet test.  

:D
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 02:10:32 pm »
Envoy all the way.  Vanguard is great, Envoy is greaterer!

Terminator

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 02:11:41 pm »
Envoy all the way.  Vanguard is great, Envoy is greaterer!

Terminator

Why?
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 02:20:56 pm »

Why?

Bella Fontana- love that little water squirter.
Captain's chair- second best seat in the world right behind the lounge in the Envoy
Wrist jets- feel good on the wrists and other areas...

and that's all I'll say about that.

Terminator

Chris_H

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 02:31:29 pm »

That's gross and I think they hurt.

BK

• 06 Sundance Optima
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2006, 02:45:10 pm »
We wet tested Envoy.

For what it's worth, Bella Fontana is the second neatest Water Feature out there, the D1 is better but both are so far ahead of everyone else...I wouldn't and didn't choose based on that but it is cool.

I wasn't crazy about the layout of Envoy and the captains chair didn't impress me. I don't like the wrist jets at all.

To each his own though. I have no idea how one would buy without a wet test.

We would have tested Vanguard but didn't see how it could compare to Grandee for our own needs. The price difference wasn't enough to make us think Vanguard was for us.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2006, 03:59:46 pm »

and that's all I'll say about that.

Terminator

Yes Term......WRIST jets.....that's not a "standin' room only bidet"
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2006, 03:59:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42