What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog?  (Read 5327 times)

Paul_K

Bullfrog?
« on: April 01, 2006, 02:25:37 pm »
Hi Guys,
            has anyone got a Bullfrog spa? My wife and I have looked at several- and were attracted by the power-saving design and jetpack options. Thoughts/comments welcome!

http://www.bullfrogspas.com/

Cheers,

Paul.

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog?
« on: April 01, 2006, 02:25:37 pm »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Re: Bullfrog?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 02:30:12 pm »
"power saving design"? Is that a marketing pitch? Seems like ALL the manufacturers claim something like that.
RIP C-Rod

Paul_K

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 02:38:20 pm »
Yeah, I'm sure they all say that- but this one does seem different- less exposed area of hose=less loss of heat, right?
Makes sense to me, plus I like the option of changing the jetpacks, albeit expensive.

Paul.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 02:52:26 pm »
Our service tech used to be with a store that carried them and was highly unimpressed .....intresting design with lots of holes in it......sorry do not mean to sound harsh....but from those I spoke to  another ex retailer of them, they were not a fan in any way.....
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 03:10:21 pm by Mendocino101 »

Paul_K

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 03:01:02 pm »
Thanks for the info- will bear that in mind.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 03:13:19 pm »
Bullfrog seem to be a well-made spa from where I sit.  They have some things I like (full foam) and some things I don't care for (no circ-pump, jet-packs).  There is a dealer here that has sold them for 3 years.

A girl that worked at our Shreveport store sold them for awhile and she had this to say about them:

1.  The jet pressure was not very good
2.  They leaked quite a bit
3.  The jetpacks DID tend to stink
4.  The jetpacks were fragile

A couple of my customers have friends who bought the Bullfrogs, but both of them sold them within a year.

Give them a wet test and if you like the product, the dealer, and you believe you are getting a good deal, go for it. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 03:19:19 pm »
I was concered with the water behind the packs not being treated when adding chemicals.

fatman

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006, 03:29:54 pm »
Don't waste your time viewing the Bullfrog DVD. All it talks about are how great the JetPak system is and doesn't go into any detail about the rest of the tub at all.  One thing I liked and disliked about Bullfrog was the plumbing. The nice thing about the plumbing was that it is very simple and probably easy to repair.  The downside is that the plumbing runs along the top edge of the shell which would mean greater than average heat loss.  

Cruiser

• I love Ya Dabba Dabba Do
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 03:38:30 pm »
They recommend in their owners manual that you remove all jetpacks every six months or when draining and refilling.  Then cleaning the plumbing with a long bristled soft brush with surface cleaner.  It also appears all the seats are the same depth.  Is that an optical illusion or am I mistaken?  I don't think there's any dispute about the quality of construction.

Pathfinder

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 03:40:57 pm »
the piping around the top parimeter of the tub will actually freeze first before anything else I have seen it first hand.  With the manifolds being in chemically treated water for the whole life of the spa it becomes very brittle over a span of a couple of years. the 8th inch tubing to circulate the water behgind the jetpack is not powerfull enough to move the water.
Flow is very poor, Not all jetpacks fit in all seats. you have to balance crumby paks with good ones to get any type of decent flow  beacause all the good paks have a higher gallon per min rating wich will reduce the amount of back pressure which gives there design its "special" design.    

I've worked on them first hand   the marketing is great  the tubs are good if your not so tall   But if you like the way it feels  then go for it  but just be aware of the smoke and mirrors.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006, 05:17:06 pm »
Term,

I think if they look good from where you sit...you need to change seats....if thats what you heard from those who have had intimate experiences with them ..... ;)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 05:17:37 pm by Mendocino101 »

Gair

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2006, 05:53:43 pm »
We live in Central IL and have had a Bullfrog 451 for a year and a half..  It is in a 10’X25’ sunroom that was built on a patio. We have five dealers within  a twenty five mile radius of us.  One of the dealers (The Great Escape) has four different top brands.  As well as four other dealers of different brands.  We chose the Bullfrog after looking a many other top brands. The dealer we bought it from has been in the Spa and Pool business for over 40 years and has a very good reputation. (San Juan Pool & Spas in Bloomington and Pekin both in IL) I can’t say enough about this dealer.  We liked all the features on the Bullfrog.  With the ability to upgrade the jet packs and etc. Don’t worry about the jets being to strong just turn the ring around the jet to turn it up or down to suit your self.  Also the way it is plumped made sense to us because we were placing it indoors.  It is perfected for us. But with different body types you need to wet test before buying any Spa. The jet pack has a hose that puts out a stream of water behind the jetpacks so it gets filter along with the rest of the water.  I took off the jetpacks to clean them every six months and there was nothing on or in the hoses behind them, they were clean. ALL jetpacks fit all seats. The seats in my BullFrog are all of different depths you only have to try them out.  You can also see that when you do a water change.  Something to remember is that most of the members on this board are dealers or sales people who naturally would be more biased toward their brand.  BullFrog is a quality spa as are many of the ones that these members sell.  

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2006, 06:02:37 pm »
.  Something to remember is that most of the members on this board are dealers or sales people who naturally would be more biased toward their brand.  BullFrog is a quality spa as are many of the ones that these members sell.  

Let me just say I mentioned only things that I have been told by people who were involved with Bullfrog on a daily bases for several years and this discussion took place in the last 30 days...I am genuinely happy that you are enjoying your spa and I hope that you do so for many many years to come..... :)

Pathfinder

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2006, 07:02:01 pm »
Gair

If you own a Neckblaster jet pack try to put it one of the middle seats not the corner seats which are moulded deeper
in behind & tell me how easy it is to reconnect the unions if you can at all.  The fact is there is so much plumbing for that pack it can only  fit in the corner.

The corner seats have a similar size moulded cavity like the HS motosage seat.

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2006, 08:45:25 pm »
gair seems to be on the "all important" subject of describing a great dealer. An average brand spa can acheive great results with a caring, respectable dealer. Not saying a frog is average by any means, but the dealer makes the spa. good luck.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2006, 08:45:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42