What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nightlights  (Read 4435 times)

galen

• Maxxus
Nightlights
« on: March 29, 2006, 09:17:22 pm »
Just installed the night lights to help see the steps. My camera doesn't do to well at night.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 09:20:31 pm by galen »

Hot Tub Forum

Nightlights
« on: March 29, 2006, 09:17:22 pm »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
Re: Nightlights
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 09:30:42 pm »
pretty.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

jim97219

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 10:36:51 pm »
Galen,

It looks good!  I'm curious to know how you did the lights on the outside of the tub.  I want (almost need) to do something like that as I have steps that go to an upper-level deck on both sides of my tub.  I'd like to control them using the switch that controls the light in the tub but I'm not sure if that's possible.

Jim

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 10:54:47 pm »
Jim, these lights can be used on any tub. Very simple to install. The "kit" allows you to install up to 6 lights. They have their own photocell so you don't have to mess with the switch.  Also they are LEDs. last a long time and low currant usage.

anne

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 11:11:12 pm »
They are powered from the spa or from the house?
Dance like nobody's watching

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 11:58:44 pm »
Galen,

Thoose lights are cool.  Where can you get them?  Are they available on-line.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 08:25:43 am »
yeah, what they said.....very cool, where can we get ours?  ;) ;D I wanted a bit of lighting outside (NOT the flood lights, ACK!) at night just to be able to see where the steps are, etc......that'd be perfect!
RIP C-Rod

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 10:13:19 am »
galen,
Me too! Me Too! I'm interested in where you got them. Maybe online?
Let us know,

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 10:25:09 am »
Anne, the lights get their power from a 12 volt transformer. My tub has lights inside of it, so there is already a transformer inside the cabinet. But if you don't have lights on your tub, a transformer can be bought from Radio Shack or wherever for 8 bucks. A transformer changes the voltage from 110 volts to 12 volts. Much like your doorbell. Let me know if you have lights on your tub and I'll tell you how to do it. Marks yes I got them on line but through a spa dealer. Its a very well engineered kit. It come with a connection Modula for connecting up to 6 lights, this Modula has a fuse in it too, and 3M sticky tape on the back for mounting. Two plastic little clips to splice into the 12 volt wire, and two lights that are really three LEDs, which already have a photocell built in. It takes thirty minutes to install the whole thing. I will take some close up pictures of the inside and the lights if anyone is interested. These lights put out a lot of light right at the steps but with the limitations of my picture taking, it doesn't show that well but all the steps are lit. I'm getting 4 foot steps soon so it will be nice. I'm not selling these things and I don't toot anyone's tub against anyone else's, so don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are other lights from tub makers that may be ok but I just know these are nice and were very easy to install. If anyone wants to know where I got them and how much, just PM me and I will past it along. There is one guy on this forum that carries them but you can get them anywhere. I just don't want to promote.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 10:36:30 am by galen »

hymbaw

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 11:04:55 am »
Your local Sundance dealer (or me ;)) has them.

Part # 6472-681
They run about $125

This is the kit (2 lights, circuit board connector, hardware, instructions)

My phone # is 616-575-7727 and I DO accept Visa, MC, Discover, AmEx. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 12:37:08 pm by hymbaw »
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 12:14:59 pm »
Once again, please share where you purchased these.  Very nice! 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

hymbaw

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 12:45:09 pm »
I corrected my above post. The first time I put the # for just one light, no kit. Thanx Galen.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 12:52:46 pm »
Your welcome Tom. Tom helped me with how to get a remote for my radio and saved me 40% on the remote.  You may be able to twist Tom's arm a little.  ;D

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2006, 01:14:56 pm »
would that be a "tub friendly" remote?
RIP C-Rod

anne

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2006, 01:33:43 pm »
Galen,

I'd love to see close up pics, as I'm trying to imagine where mine would be installed if I do something similar. I have 2 lights IN my tub, but no exterior lights on the skirt. I'd like a little light for safety, but not much. I installed low voltage lights on my front driveway/walkway, and that was not too hard, but all of the wiring is underground, which may be tricky for me at this stage of tub and patio construction. THanks!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 01:37:04 pm by anne »
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2006, 01:33:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42