What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: stage one of electrical: complete  (Read 4016 times)

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
stage one of electrical: complete
« on: March 29, 2006, 07:16:58 pm »
Electrician came out today, worked for a couple hours bending conduit, drilling a hole thru our basement wall, running wire, etc...did a very nice job, from what I can see. He made sure the GFCI box will be the mandatory 5' from the tub (it is), and left the "easy part" for whoever comes out next round....
the panel is just over the left side of the deck chair.

I also wanted to post this.....I've decided to recycle a couple green enamel coated baskets that the previous owners of the house had attached to another side of the deck, that were originally used for plants. After some cleaning, they're rehung and ready to hold rolled up towels for guests, our flip flops, whatever...(they're attached to the right and left side of the railing facing the tub deck). Also, I wanted to be able to hang wet towels, suits, etc. within reach of tub users..and I had a couple extra powder coated coat racks, soooo....I screwed that onto the tub-side of the gate. This way, everything tub related stays where it's of use....now to get the green thumb going....

I also plan to get a bunch more of the lava rock, some more bricks..and fill in the exposed edge of the deck area a bit higher.
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

stage one of electrical: complete
« on: March 29, 2006, 07:16:58 pm »

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
Re: stage one of electrical: complete
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 08:17:39 pm »
Looks good.

My electrician is coming Friday.  I'm still thinking about where to put the box.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 08:35:20 pm »
if your guy is like the one that did our work...he may just pick a location for you. This worked for me, though...it was pretty much where I thought I wanted it, just lower than I thought it'd be.
RIP C-Rod

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 01:33:20 pm »
What's the consensus on amps?  My Sundance Bahia won't run both pumps and the heater on 50 so we went with a 60 amp GFI service.  Is that the case with most everyone out there?

ps...TL...looooooks super!  Love your pup!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 01:33:54 pm by luvin_tubin_sqezin »
Better than I deserve...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 01:46:04 pm »
If you want all systems to run, go with 60 amp.

As far as, "is that the case with most folks," most tubs do not need more than 50 to run all systems.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 01:53:33 pm by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

anne

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 01:46:31 pm »
ps...TL...looooooks super!  Love your pup!

Looks like the little ankle-biter is wearing a sweater! Is that style or weather driven? ;D
Dance like nobody's watching

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 01:49:56 pm »
looks good so far, but what about the rodent problem.  It looks like the rats where you are from are wearing clothes.  That is some high end rodent ;D

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 02:09:55 pm »
looks good so far, but what about the rodent problem.  It looks like the rats where you are from are wearing clothes.  That is some high end rodent ;D

LMAO! ;D
Better than I deserve...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 02:15:02 pm »

Quit stealing my lines!

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Backporch;action=display;num=1143726521
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 04:01:00 pm »
Folks getting electrical put in, I'd strongly recomoned asking your electrician to throw in a 120 outdoor socket while they are doing the work. They are great.

07 Caldera Geneva

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 06:41:13 pm »
what do you find yourself using your 120 for?
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 07:49:37 pm »
first off, that's our resident "rat on stilts", he's wearing his t-shirt that says "WOOF" on the back...it's because he was cold when I took the pic ('only' about 52 out)he's awesome!
I'm still going to get an outdoor outlet put in, however...to keep the cost down at the moment, it's on hold til I have the same company come back to run the upgraded service (yep, I'm still planning to run 200 amp service) out here...and when they do that, I'll ask them to install one. It SHOULD be around $60, from what I was told....

Next......TUB'S HERE, IT'S UP, AND IT IS RUNNING!!!!!!!
Got the call early this afternoon saying it was in, when did I want it delivered.....I'm proud of myself, I didn't say "ask me another stupid question"..so it got here, was set up by about 3, electrician finished work around 6:30 tonight....
I learned one lesson, though.. (more than that really, but this one's really basic) Be sure to run water through the hose for a little bit BEFORE sticking it in the tub.....I've used the hose on the BACK of the house a lot lately, but haven't used the one on the SIDE of the house since last fall.....and that's the one that's NOT run through the water softener.....sooo...it kinda looks like someone really had to pee in the tub.....or poured shiner bock......hmmm...

Anyhow, for the Grandee, the 8x9 deck is GREAT.....nice, snug fit, I'm going to work on the walk around area next, now that the major carnage is over. Pictures to follow later or tomorrow........WOO-HOO!
RIP C-Rod

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 09:05:01 pm »
Congrats, just don't let the rat in the spa.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2006, 09:08:09 pm »
the rat hates baths....however, with a WARM bath like this, he might be more interested.....but no water wings, no tubbin.
RIP C-Rod

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2006, 09:16:25 pm »
Did I mention I was Psychic? ::)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2006, 09:16:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42