What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian Piper Glen  (Read 5482 times)

FF681

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Artesian Piper Glen
« on: March 29, 2006, 09:04:52 pm »
Going to wet test the Piper Glen Saturday. Are the 6 pumps a good thing or more potential for problems? It seems that with more pumps there will be the potential for higher elect. bills and possibly more to go wrong down the road. The dealer says that the "switchless motors" have less moving parts to fail and it should not be an issue. Anyone out there with one of these? Seems like a quality spa.

Thanks.  :-/

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian Piper Glen
« on: March 29, 2006, 09:04:52 pm »

J._McD

Re: Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 09:52:42 pm »
Well you might be a "newbie", and I could be stepping on a land mine here.

But, ALL 5 pumps are not on at the same time unless you have more than 4 people in the Hot Tub.  IF you are in the Hot Tub you can only sit in one seat at a time, so which pump will you have on?

The 6th pump is a circ pump I assume and it is always on.

The switchless pumps are also variable speed and have fewer mechanical parts.  There are some Artesian owners here that may be able to give some additional insight.

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 10:03:57 pm »
I've had my Piper Glenn since last October, and for the most part I'm pretty satisfied. Rather then be a good or bad thing I think the 6 pumps is just another way of doing things. It has some advantages, as well as some disadvantages. As to higher electric bills, only if you run all 6 pumps all the time. My only complaint about the 6 pumps is that at 3hp break (1.5 continuous), they can feel a little underpowered. Not so much when it comes to relaxation, but for therapy, it could use a little more kick, particularly the foot jets. Overall its deffinetly a quality tub, very roomy and comfortable. If you still like it after the wet test, then I think you will be satisfied owning one. If you have any other questions just PM me.

salesdvl

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 10:13:19 pm »
I agree
Measure once, cut twice.

FF681

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 10:41:55 pm »
Thanks for the info. I did consider the reduced wear and tear on the pumps since the most we'll have going are 2 or 3 at a time. But I did learn something new, I was not aware that the pumps were smaller than the 3HP on the other spas I have looked at. Being a "newbie" I'm trying to be as thorough and learn as much as I can about each spa I am considering, you guys certainly help with the process.

Thanks again!

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 10:53:01 pm »
I have had the piper glen since last May and I think it is a great tub. It is used almost every night by myself, about once or twice a weeky by my wife. We have had four hot tub parties over the holidays with 7 to 8 people in tub. (Makes for great form), but no problems

cost... about 35 to 45.00 per month, set on 104 all year round

Having a pump per seat is a great idea!
enjoy
john

hotelier

• Artesian Onyx Owner
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 08:07:04 am »
I opted for the Gold Series Onyx.  It has 4 pumps and delivers alot of power with them.  The difference is that two pumps handle two seats each.  Most of the time it is just my wife and I so the lack of indivualized controls is not an issue.  Good luck.

mark_in_calif

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 09:16:41 am »
We have a Dove Canyon since mid 05 and have been very happy. No issues at all including zero water quality issues using ozone, diclor and N2.
I love the fact that my wife and i dont need to fight over a diverter valves!  As a side note, our foot jets seem to be fine and thats the one pump we do run all the time.  
Bottomline if the wet test works for you and you get the right price, I'd go for it.

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 01:43:09 pm »
Hey FF681:

I'm "old school" Piper Glen, bought one in 1999 before they switched to individual pumps. My tub has two 5 HP motors and a circ pump. The original model also had a third pump option that powered the foot jets and 2 "whirlpool" jets, but I didn't get that. Looking back now, I wish I did.

I've been VERY satisfied with Artesian as a tub manufacturer. Readers of this forum helped me through a major problem with my tub about a year ago (click here), but the problem wasn't really caused by the design of the tub. In any case, even with an expired warranty, Artesian sent me the repair parts FREE (a new main board) and dealers on this formum helped me install it through the use of e-mails and digital pictures (my local Artesian dealer went out-of-business).

Anyway, just a "thumbs up" for the product generally...

Good luck!

Drewski

8)
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 07:10:20 pm »
Not a Piper Glen owner but an Artesian owner, I own the Grand Cayman.

I am very satisfied with it. It is the same size as the Piper and it is roomy. The quality of the tub is great IMO.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 07:10:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42