What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: test kits  (Read 2054 times)

nicker

test kits
« on: March 29, 2006, 08:34:32 pm »
Does anyone know if Taylor has liquid chemicals that test the Hardness and TDS?  I have a liquid kit but it doesn't test those and I think it would be great to have.  I currently have strips to test those 2 but I much prefer the liquid.  More accurite.  

I find for what ever reason that my TDS seems to go up way to fast.  I am not using any more chems, if anything I think I am using less.  I am at the 3 month mark and my chems are not  holding. I add chlorin (dichlor) and the next day I test and nothing??  So I know my TDS's are way up.  I just can't figure out why.  I have gone as far as 4 months before and still find.  My water is clear as all can be but its starting to have  different smell.  I am going to drain this weekend regardless. I am just puzzled as why my TDS's go up so fast these days.

Hot Tub Forum

test kits
« on: March 29, 2006, 08:34:32 pm »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Re: test kits
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 08:37:43 pm »
it's winter.....more skin lotions, maybe?
RIP C-Rod

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 09:36:30 pm »
yes, taylor make the liquid calcium hardness test. It's like the Alkalinity where i beleive each drop counts as 10ppm.

no liquid test for tds, that i know of.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 01:24:47 pm »
My pool supply store where I buy my chemicals does a free water test that includes a tds count.  I am more concerned with an exact ph count which my Taylor kit does MUCH better than the test strips, but i do glance at the tds count when i get the printout.

I am not saying it's true, but the tech at the store said tds is something that is much more important in pools than spas.  His reasoning is that a spa is normally drained every 3 months so there isn't a big opportunity for this to make a big difference.  I would love to hear others opinions on this, although I don't plan on adding tds on my list of things to stress over at this point.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 01:24:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42