What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: NSF P181 Certification  (Read 21631 times)

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re: NSF P181 Certification
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2006, 05:45:40 pm »
In a nut shell, what I said 35 posts back, is it is purely sales propaganda. The NSF sticker for the county has to do with keeping the public safe, and that sticker is meaningless if they are not keeping their chlorine levels between  5 and 7ppm when the county inspector pops in. Sundance has recieved the good house keeping seal, and this has only to do with their temperature settings. Very odd if you ask me. What do they care about spa water temperature. If it had to do with filtration it would make sense, baybe I missed that part when I heard about it. One of the things it has done is ELIMINATE the over temp chip. So, if you are a Jacuzzi or Sundance dealer and you have people that like the watter hotter than 104, you better order up any over temp chips that are left, cuz they are going bye bye.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2006, 05:45:40 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2006, 05:47:27 pm »
This one has bored me for awhile. Someone let me know if it needs moved to Dead Horse.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2006, 06:23:15 pm »
This one has bored me for awhile. Someone let me know if it needs moved to Dead Horse.

Back up the truck!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2006, 06:30:36 pm »
Wow- is there a lot of hate on JA site or what?

It used to aggravate me to no end seeing his drivel posted on the various forums.  Then after a phone conversation with a prestigious member of this forum, I began to see him for what he really is: some Joe Schmoe who has simply found a way to make a living by appealing to the "conspiracy theory" crowd.

Those folks are so anti-establishment that they gravitate towards someone who can go on and on and on about trite matters until his customer base actually becomes somewhat brainwashed.  It takes a certain kind of intelligence to buy an off-brand spa, add what amounts to some styrofoam, aluminum foil, and a fan, increase the price substantially, and find people that will actually buy it.

I couldn't do it because I wouldn't be able to live with myself, but my hat's off to him that he has found a niche market and exploited it.[/quote]

I think I will just hang around this site for now on.

Excellent choice!  I'm glad you're here. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Micah

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2006, 06:44:11 pm »
term,
just because I brought up the koolaid don't go thinking I have anything in common with Mr J.A.
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2006, 06:59:42 pm »
term,
just because I brought up the koolaid don't go thinking I have anything in common with Mr J.A.

I'm sorry if I gave that impression. ???  I would never insinuate something like that.  I thought the Kool-Aid comment was funny and one of the posters on here e-mailed me the logo to use.  No disrespect directed towards anyone on here. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Micah

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2006, 08:10:06 pm »
ok, come on now who drank the koolaid.   To try to imply that other spas are not safe and only hot springs is safe is just untrue Everyone know that with the current model of suction fittings used by ALL manufactures there is no possible way to get sucked in.  To say it's safer is just playing on a customers emotions.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2006, 08:38:34 pm »
What is being said is that Hot Spring and Tiger River are NSF certified and no other spas are.  Does that make them safer?  Only the consumer can interpret what that NSF seal means.  It would seem to me that it is better to NSF certified than not.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Micah

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2006, 09:10:43 pm »
dan,
does that mean that we are safer now with the stamp then we were before we got it...I didn't think so.

anne

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2006, 10:34:31 pm »
Nhehehehehehe....BANG!

that was my interpretation of a horse being shot.
Dance like nobody's watching

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2006, 11:47:03 am »
The NSF created a new certification - using the UL standard and the ANSI - and HotSpring/Tiger River spas are the first to be certified. The NSF has some limited info about this certification on it's site.

I don't know where the anger and bitter recriminations are coming from - this is not some bogus ad campaign.

I'm sorry if this angers some of you, but if there are shoppers here to gather information, then they just learned two things:
HS tends to lead the industry, and
Other brands (as represented here) tend to carp about it.

Have a nice weekend everybody - I'm really not trying to stir up angry arguments. I am proud to offer the tubs I do, it didn't happen by accident. This is a new cert program, not a reason to bash HS.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2006, 11:53:00 am »
IMHO, I'm glad that the brand I'm purchasing is leading in some areas.....technology, certifications, etc....I wouldn't really give a rats ass about being the first to do something though, as long as it's a solid investment, quality product, has great consumer reviews, etc...
As far as JA's site......holy crappleberries, Batman....I got nauseous after about 5 minutes of surfing it.....it's all "we're the best, everyone else SUCKS!" grade school mentality. Unbe-frickin-lievable.....and people BUY from them???? As gritchy as some of these posts can be here..I've never got the urge to fire off a nasty letter to the HHIC (head honcho in charge) about how aggravating it is to read through that slop! How unprofessional......UGH.
RIP C-Rod

anne

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2006, 12:10:26 pm »
I don't know where the anger and bitter recriminations are coming from - this is not some bogus ad campaign.

I might have skimmed entries too quickly, and missed "anger and bitter recrimination" but I dont think that is what people are posting here. To me, these comments sum it up:

"Sounds to me like the "marketing machine" otherwise known as hotsprings is at it again.  I bet h.s. was the first company to ever try to get the entire spa approved. "

"HS created this bandwagon, and probably others will jump on it, as they have no choice. Competition being what it is. Now, if you told me that there were companies that attempted this certification and failed, I'd be wary of them."

" Hats off to Watkins for being first to receive the cert.  I agree that the vast majority of manufacturers will be certified soon as there doesn't seem to be anything earthshattering surrounding Watkins products that would set them apart from most other manufacturers who have yet to apply/receive the cert.  Watkins' executives were very astute to get on the bandwagon first but their uniqueness will not last long. "

"that sticker is meaningless if they are not keeping their chlorine levels between  5 and 7ppm when the county inspector pops in"

"IMHO, I'm glad that the brand I'm purchasing is leading in some areas.....technology, certifications, etc....I wouldn't really give a rats ass about being the first to do something though, as long as it's a solid investment, quality product, has great consumer reviews, etc... "

Any comments about kool aid and the "other site" are just inflammatory.  
Dance like nobody's watching

salesdvl

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2006, 01:18:32 pm »
Try to downplay it today, end up selling it/buying it next year.

No offense Chas, but that is exactly what every sales person should do.      As we all have done for years....

"you really dont want a color shell; solid white is best.  If you had to paint your walls only 1 color and couldnt change it for 10 years, what color would you paint them?  White........."

" you dont want a stereo on your spa, its just 1 more thing to go wrong."

" you dont want stainless steel collars on your jets, thats just for show. "

Top Gun Graduate
Callsign:   DEVIL      
;)

« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 01:31:42 pm by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2006, 01:44:24 pm »
I hope I do not ruffle any feathers here....but I am of the opinion that very very few of these endorsements really add up to much outside of marketing value....what I mean by this is that take away its marketing value and you take away the program....Unlike a "UL" or "ETL" that  is a build stardard....I represent a line of spas that has several of these endorsements and the only one that I personally will hang my hat on is its UL approval the rest of them I think offer little subsidence value. and if asked I will openly share this with any shopper....lol.....now before anyone jumps on me here I am not pointing a finger at any manufacture that does not also come right back at me....I just find most of these things...when examined closely not to add up to a whole lot.....
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 04:32:09 pm by Mendocino101 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2006, 01:44:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42