What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: NSF P181 Certification  (Read 21634 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: NSF P181 Certification
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2006, 02:48:51 pm »
I thought the no bypass filtraion made the water cleaner of particualte matter,  and was better for the pumps, but safer?  

Safer?

07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2006, 02:48:51 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2006, 02:50:28 pm »
Clean water is safe water.  Also, small children won't pass through the pump.  They get filtered out.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2006, 02:56:52 pm »
Clean water is safe water.  Also, small children won't pass through the pump.  They get filtered out.

Terminator

"Clean water is safer. "

Does HS water have less bacteria in it?  (I thought the filters were more for particualte matter, not microbiolical). Sure it grabs the curley hairs, but bacteria will still pass thorugh the filter, no?  

Specifcally what are the dangers that this elimiates?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 03:02:59 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2006, 03:29:33 pm »
OK, it's time we cut the advertising and get down to some facts........

Here's Watkins listing in the NSF for protocol P181:
Watkins NSF Listing
Notice that the Tiger River line is listed as well as the HS line.  Do Tiger River tubs have 100% filtration?  NO.  So all of this talk surrounding the NSF certification and no-bypass filtration is just that......talk/advertising.  In reality, HS limits itself to 2 therapy pumps and 1 circulation pump with its 5 filters.  They would not be able to build a model with more than 2 therapy pumps without adding 2 more filters/pump and still maintain their 100% no-bypass filtration.  They will say they don't need more pumps and most would say the therapy of their tubs is fine and that no more pumps are needed.  After wet testing the Vista, Envoy, Grandee and Vanguard, I found the therapy and seating was not for me.  Could any of those tubs benefitted from another pump?  In my opinion, when compared to the therapy of my tub, yes.  But the greater number of happy HS owners would disagree and I would hope they would.  My point is only that HS would not be able to add more pumps to their tubs without adding more filters.  Building tubs like Artesian's or Master's or whoever else builds one with more than 2 therapy pumps would be a major impact on them.....and I'll bet HS owners wouldn't like dealing with 7 or 9 filters, 100% no-bypass filtration or not.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 04:00:49 pm by windsurfdog »
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2006, 03:57:11 pm »
This is exciting news!  Every customer I talked to yesterday about the certification couldn't lay down their money fast enough once they found out HotSpring is the only spa that's NSF approved.

Terminator

Now how do you suppose those same customers are going to feel the first time they open up that HS spa and the spa water has turned cloudy and stinky. :-/???  Or when one of them catches some ichy skin condition and the DR. tells them its from their spa. >:( >:(

But if it helps you sell more spas than it must be OK.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2006, 04:04:12 pm »
Does HS water have less bacteria in it?

No sir.  Not as it relates to filtration methods.

Specifcally what are the dangers that this elimiates?

Used in conjuction with a proper sanitation regimen provides cleaner, healthier water.  I should have been more clear in stating "healthier for your spa."  That has been my contention all along and I'm sorry I didn't make that more clear.  My oversight.

Terminator

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2006, 04:11:00 pm »
Used in conjuction with a proper sanitation regimen provides cleaner, healthier water.

Cleaner, healthier than what?  All the other spas that do not have 100% no-bypass filtration?  Sorry, Term, that one doesn't float.  Give us some facts to back up your statement or state it as your opinion or as advertised or whatever......just please don't blur the lines between opinion/advertising and facts.
<Putting on my bulletproof vest.....>
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 04:11:38 pm by windsurfdog »
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2006, 04:14:04 pm »
No sir.  Not as it relates to filtration methods.

Used in conjuction with a proper sanitation regimen provides cleaner, healthier water.  I should have been more clear in stating "healthier for your spa."  That has been my contention all along and I'm sorry I didn't make that more clear.  My oversight.

Terminator

Healther for you spa?  

But what about SAFER.  What risks are reduced by this filtration system that makes it safer?

Sorry to be a pain. But I am missing somehting.  :P
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2006, 04:26:36 pm »
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=DEADHORSE;action=display;num=1142459485

Here is where this was hashed out before. :)

I like to have my water filtered, others may choose not to.  To each his or her own.

Terminator

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2006, 04:32:47 pm »

Now how do you suppose those same customers are going to feel the first time they open up that HS spa and the spa water has turned cloudy and stinky. :-/???  Or when one of them catches some ichy skin condition and the DR. tells them its from their spa. >:( >:(

But if it helps you sell more spas than it must be OK.

I'll simply review their water care regimen and offer suggestions as to how they can prevent this rare occurence.  The spa sure didn't make them itch. ???

The post you quoted was in jest on my part.  Who on earth is going to buy a $9000 spa because I tell them it's NSF approved?  I am fortunate to have much bigger tools at my disposal, but I believe it is a step in the right direction for the spa industry.  We'll see. :)

Terminator
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 05:33:51 pm by East_TX_Spa »

Chris_H

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2006, 04:38:28 pm »
Arjunaman has commented on his site.  Thought it would take much longer.  

Same old shit on his site, "cheap plastic full of foam."  

hymbaw

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2006, 04:58:55 pm »
Terms just jealous that his tubs don't have the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval, like Sundance does. ;D
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2006, 05:10:25 pm »
Terms just jealous that his tubs don't have the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval, like Sundance does. ;D

I pulled a drewstar and actually went to the Sundance website to verify this and was unable to locate the GHSOA.  I immediately fired off an e-mail to the president of Sundance as well as the publishers of Good Housekeeping looking for answers.  I also contacted California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to request that his office look into this matter.

In the process, I did run across a claim that Sundance is the "world's largest manufacturer of acrylic spas".  Is this true? ;)

Drewsurfdog

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2006, 05:21:30 pm »
In the process, I did run across a claim that Sundance is the "world's largest manufacturer of acrylic spas".  Is this true?
no.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Anoroc

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2006, 05:37:42 pm »
I went to JA site to to see if there was any information on the NSF rating for HS.  I found a few comments...

Wow- is there a lot of hate on JA site or what?

I think I will just hang around this site for now on.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2006, 05:37:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42