What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Chemical purchasing question  (Read 5878 times)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Chemical purchasing question
« on: March 24, 2006, 12:52:55 pm »
As a dealer, I am curious where you consumers buy your watercare products.  And why?

Possible places are:

Dealer I bought spa from.
Another dealer.
Mass merchant.
On line.

Reasons could be price, location, service...

Thanks for the info.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

Chemical purchasing question
« on: March 24, 2006, 12:52:55 pm »

Snyper

Re: Chemical purchasing question
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 01:08:09 pm »
I do my best to buy from my dealer, but since he is located 20 miles away, this is not always possible, especially since a Leslie's is right across the street from where I work.

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 01:15:06 pm »
I buy all my products from my dealer, although he is 60 miles away.  Once a year I usually drive there when he has his special sale and then if needed he mails me products in the fall.  Buying from him keeps my name on his mind so when I had a pump problem last fall he was out to repair it in 48 hrs.  The little extra I may pay is more than made up for in service if it is needed.  Support your dealer!!

georgiapeach

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 01:26:32 pm »
I buy from my dealer, even though he's like 20 miles away and I could probably get the same thing at AAA Pools, but I'm with Rick; it keeps my name in his mind if something needs to be taken care, as was the case over the weekend.  

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 01:28:01 pm »
I purchase from the dealer where I bought the spa.  They are an hour drive away so I just call them and they ship whatever I order overnight.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 01:38:48 pm »
My sanitizer & shock,  I've been getting at a dealer, certain things I have to buy from my original dealer (microfilter, etc).
My Ph and alk increase and decrease stuff I get at a big box store, and the grocery store.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 01:39:27 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

Anoroc

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 01:59:50 pm »
I have purchased a few things from my dealer but I must honestly say that I have made most of my purchases online.

Reason:  Just a matter of dollars.  I don't have a strong relationship with the dealer in town.  I have never met the owner and I have only dealt with a young salesperson.

There test strips sell for $15 and their chemicals about 35% higher than what I can get online.  Like I said; just dollars- nothing personal.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 02:00:19 pm by anaroc »

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 02:05:11 pm »
I buy my chemicals from a local pool and spa supply store that specializes in chemicals and such.  The Spa dealer is where I go for the silver ion exchanger only because the local guy sells the Nature 2 (yellow) version and the HS (grey) version is slightly different.  The local store is set up to do water testing and is right near my house anyway.  The spa dealer is waaay out of my way, 20+ miles in the wrong direction.

Bill

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 02:26:39 pm »
I buy my spa chemicals on-line since that place has great prices and I get great info! And I recommend him to others as well.

Things like alk up (baking soda) and ph down (white vinegar) from a grocery store.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 02:38:02 pm »
Doc's site just can't be beat,.great prices and great products delivered to your door quickly.  And free shipping for orders over $60.  I especially like the AllClear dichlor he sells....it's the 62% available chlorine stuff and the 5 lb. container is extremely easy to use with it's handle and oversized lid......makes it easy to get your whole hand into once the quantity gets close to the bottom.

And Doc is a regular on this and other forums so he's a "homey"...... :D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 05:03:07 pm by wmccall »
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

devilwoman

• Love football, hiking, biking, and photography
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 04:41:23 pm »
My dealer sucks...and is 180 miles away...he is no support whatsoever.  I have to purchase my products on line.  Since shipping to Alaska is outragous on most of the sites, the spadepot has a small handling charge, so I purchase 90% of my products from them.  They are fast helpful and most of everything I need.  I love to purchase chemicals from Doc, but the shipping is way too much for me.
Dichlor, N2, Ozone and an Artesian Dove Canyon.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 04:58:44 pm »
As a dealer, I am curious where you consumers buy your watercare products.  And why?

Possible places are:

Dealer I bought spa from.

Not an option for me  :'(
Another dealer.

Sometimes. With me being moderator here, I use that as an excuse to visit as many different showrooms as I can to keep up. Frequently I will buy what I need while there.
Mass merchant.

I did buy cheap dichlor from Lowes, but after seeing them cause mass layoffs demanding lower prices from American Manufacturers (one I worked for) in order to increase their profits (using BS claims of better prices for consumers) I rarely buy there.
On line.

I've tried a few, currently I buy a specific product (SeaKlear MPS) from Doc.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

PaulMc

• 2005 Sundance Majesta and lovin' it.
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2006, 05:18:16 pm »
  I buy from the dealer I bought from. Great people to talk with, answer questions, test my water etc. so I want to help keep them in business.   paul
Owner, Sundance Majesta , July '05, Ontario Canada

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 06:13:13 pm »
I've discussed this with my dealer, and I plan to buy a FEW items from them, but the majority on Doc's site. The prices are just that much better, and the dealer understands that for identical products, a few bucks is a few bucks......hey, they got a HUGE chunk of money initially, and I've told I don't know how many people that we know about the great service we've got through them...word of mouth in that way is worth more to them than my buying chemicals. ;)
RIP C-Rod

bubbleboy

• Down East Exeter
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2006, 06:26:38 pm »
I buy from my dealer. He is located about an hour away but they come my way every week and drop anything I need off.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2006, 06:26:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42