What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet test  (Read 5960 times)

hymbaw

Re: Wet test
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2006, 04:37:49 pm »
In response to your claim that wet testing is illegal, Well it is.  At least in California it is.  When I sold a spa to a county of L.A. health Inspector I offered to let him try it and he informed me that none of the three models I had up and running were approved for commerical use.

A wet test does not constitute commercial use. Commercial use would be making someone PAY to use the tub.

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2006, 04:37:49 pm »

Micah

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2006, 06:55:49 pm »

A wet test does not constitute commercial use. Commercial use would be making someone PAY to use the tub.

Acording to the health department there are two types of applications.
1. Residential :consisting of a spa installed in a single family dwelling for use by said family.
2. Commericial: All other aplications
I might not be the smartest guy around, but I don't think that letting a customer come into my retail store and use a hot tub there would fall under Residential use.
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2006, 07:34:34 pm »
I think this is one of those things that yes under the letter of law...it may be illegal in the enforcement of it when applying it to retail spa sales it is never enforced ....

Micah

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2006, 07:37:00 pm »
I think this is one of those things that yes under the letter of law...it may be illegal in the enforcement of it when applying it to retail spa sales it is never enforced ....

So is that like saying under the letter of the law murder is illegal, just don't get caught ;D

Micah

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2006, 07:39:19 pm »
So is that like saying under the letter of the law murder is illegal, just don't get caught ;D

thats just me being a smarta**. But seriously if someone ever gets hurt while wettesting we may see a big change

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2006, 02:49:00 am »

no...no...no....nothing like that....its a law that was written but not with intent of preventing people from sampling a spa they may want to buy....but more likely to prevent people from "renting" out non commercial spas.....or something along those lines.... :D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 02:51:11 am by Mendocino101 »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2006, 02:57:31 am »

you know I think in big broad stokes the law is pretty clear about murder it is simply and very cleary not allowed...unless of course you are in Texas and than it may vary county to county..... ;)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 02:58:21 am by Mendocino101 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2006, 02:57:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42