What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: tub coming monday!!!!!!!!  (Read 2416 times)

anne

tub coming monday!!!!!!!!
« on: March 18, 2006, 11:31:56 pm »
Well, assuming that the ozonation install goes ok, and the delivery folks are available, I should be getting my tub in 2 days! I am posting now partially to practice photo- posting. I am very technically challenged.

this is the pathetic lawn area to be destroyed. On the right is a screened in patio.

this is after sod cutting and starting to prep the box:

eventually, the whole area around the tub will be flagstone.

Cant wait! Also cant wait to see if these photos appear :)
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

tub coming monday!!!!!!!!
« on: March 18, 2006, 11:31:56 pm »

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
Re: tub coming monday!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 11:38:03 pm »
Anne,
So far, great job and great photos. Looks like you will be in hot water soon. Please, post photos when the spa is finally in place  and operating. Goodluck with your new tub. Enjoy. Dave.

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 08:58:01 am »
Did you do the concrete mixing and pouring yourself?  Did you use rebar?  
Do I see a thin layer of gravel on top of the concrete?
What is running in that trench?

I'll come up with another dozen rapd fire questions soon, i'm sure.   :D
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 09:16:15 am »
Congrats, anne! That's the sandbox style you were talking about, I believe? Electric run in the trench to that nifty (and hugely expensive) grocery bag on the other end?  ;D that looks like its going GREAT!! Let us know how it works for ya, PLEASE! And take pics when the guys deliver....I love seeing those, for some reason..must be the "I love work....I could watch it all day" part of me?
RIP C-Rod

anne

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 12:15:21 pm »
TN- as the lady said, the pad is a "sandbox" of crushed rock. No concrete. I used 2x6 pressure treated boards, 4x4 12" posts at the corners and the sides, and sunk the whole thing in about 1-2" (less on one side as there is a tiny slope in my yard). I did not want to do concrete as it is so hard to remove if my plans change, and my tub is an arctic with that "forever floor." I guess I could have put it on dirt, but that just seems.....wrong. I wanted to ensure good drainage, too. The box as you see it is bigger than the tub (11' square) 'cuz I'll have steps on two sides of it.

the trench has 1 1/4 inch PVC (they were OUT of 1"!) with my electrical running to it. The end is awkwardly taped and bagged for now. I ran it to the far side of the box since the near side of the tub will be a few feet "into" the box (because of stairs) and I did not want electrical coming up where it might end up being in the way.

Tub might NOT be coming tomorrow  :'( . I may have to reschedule, as my injured boyfriend may need taxi service to and from the doctor. Couldn't he have planned his broken ankle for any other time?  ::)

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 05:57:10 pm »
find a little red wagon, hook it to a neighbor's dog, and tell 'em to drop the bf at the doctor.....tell the bf that the tub's REALLY necessary to get ASAFP now, as it'll be therapuetic for his broken ankle.......  ;D ;)
Okay, it'll be therapy for YOU, listening to him alternately complain about how it SUCKS having broke his ankle, but how he's so manly, he can still do almost everything he could pre-break. (least that's what MY hubby would do.....)
RIP C-Rod

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 06:13:26 pm »
I like seeing the pictures of new tubs going in. You did good.

anne

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 04:34:41 am »
tub IS coming tomorrow at 8:30!  :D ( and I guess the dog is off the hook- Dr appt. is not till later in the morning.)  ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 04:34:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42