What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian Island Spas  (Read 8144 times)

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
Artesian Island Spas
« on: March 18, 2006, 04:57:05 pm »
Does anybody have an opinion about the Artesian Island Line?  I think the Island line is Artesian's less expensive line of tubs.  

Local dealer is having a nice sale on their Artesian tubs.

I'm really looking at the Grand Bahama and Grand Cayman spas with the 32 jets. PM me and I'll let you know what they're asking.

http://www.artesianspas.com/showroom/island/island.asp
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 05:13:31 pm by wmccall »
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian Island Spas
« on: March 18, 2006, 04:57:05 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Artesian Island Spas
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 05:16:41 pm »
One lounger, one a non-lounger.  Preferences?  I wish my spa had leg jets for the thighs as that one does.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

TN__HOT_TUB

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 05:26:36 pm »
Yup.  They are pretty much the same except on has a lounger.  We'll let the wet test decide which we prefer most.

Does anybody have any insight to the Artesian Island line?  Are they a nice ine of spas, or are they junk?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 05:41:54 pm »
They are a nice line of spas.  If you owned one, you would be happy with it, I'm sure.

Good luck with the wet-testing! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

RTex

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 07:30:08 pm »
I own the grand cayman version of the artesian island spa line.  I have had it since last August.  I think for the money, it is a very nice spa.  No major problems so far.  I purchased it from a dealer who I felt I could trust and he has helped me each time I have called with a question or concern.  I have the two pump version with the 24 hour pump as an extra.  With the 24 hour pump, the larger two pumps only get used when you turn them on for the most part.  I didn't want a lounger so this model fit the bill in that regard.  It has plenty of room inside.  I feel there is enough jet power in this model but if you want the most pump power, the three pump version might be better for you.  I like the design of this tub for feel and looks and I don't feel like I am getting pushed out of the seats like some others I wet tested.  The feel and looks of this tub is similar to one of the LA Spas models which I also wet tested and liked very much (I think it was the Concord).  The neck jets on my tub are okay but if I were to do it again, I don't think I would be as hung up on having to have these neck jets and it can feel a little tight in one of these seats for a tall bodies person.  Also, a short-bodied person may feel the seats are too low in this model eventhough there are different height seats in the tub (good reason for wet testing) This Grand Cayman tub is generally in the 6-7K line as of last summer.  So, for the money, it is a very good buy, I believe.  You may want to look at the next models up without the neck jets or the ones with a lounger if you want that feature.  They all seemed to be nice tubs for the money.   I also wet tested or looked at Saratoga, Marquis, Sundance, Catalina, Hot Spas, Dimension, Jacuzzi, Master Spas, Dynasty, Emerald, Arctic, and Hydropool models  I gave serious consideration to all of these brands and models.  Some dealers wouldn't allow wet testing, others were just too far away, or I just didn't care for the dealer.  If I had felt comfortable wet testing in one of the Arctic models, I likely would have gone with that brand but didn't like how they felt.  Hydropool was also a nice looking and seemingly very well desinged Canadian tub (didn't wet test) but was more money than I wanted to spend.  Jacuzzi was only available locally from a larger swimming pool dealer in my area and I preferred to buy from a smaller, ma and pa type store (actually it is pa and daughter) which seemed it would provide better and more personal customer care before and after sale.  Marquis was another strong candidate but I didn't like the fact that it had no head cushions and the prices were significantly higher than Artesian feature for feature.  Sundance was also expensive, it seemed. In sum, I don't think you can go wrong with Artesian or its overall quality, but only if you feel pretty comfortable with the dealer and his ability to support you after the sale.  If not, you probably wont go wrong with one of the other brands I mentioned but I would advise making certain you like the dealer, support provided, and his or her business "stability" with the product.  And do wet test because all of our anatomies are different so one tub model may feel much better to you than another.  Good luck in your search.

TN__HOT_TUB

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 08:15:43 pm »
thanks for the feedback

I am rather tall andi have noticed the neck jet issue and i'm anxious to wet test this line.  the local dealer is a well established store and i have confidence they will be in business for a long time.  

You seem to stress this "service" aspect of a local dealer. Have you had to have your Artesian Island spa "serviced" frequently?

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 10:48:14 pm »
I've had my Atresian Piper Glenn for about 5 months now, and haven't had any problems. Its a quality tub, and you should be happy, all the more so if your comfortable with the dealer. I believe that Vinny, a member on this board, has the same tub your looking at.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 11:26:37 pm »
Bob, Your are right, Vinny has a Artesian Island Grand Cayman.
TN_HOT_TUB, the 2006 Artesian Island Class line is just beautiful. Artesian re-tooled them for 2006. The photos Bill posted is the 2006 line. I am a Artesian Dealer, the Island Line is mid priced, but offers really high quality and performance. You won't be disappointed. I'm sure you will enjoy the wet test. If you are  tall, it is a good idea, you are wet testing, to be sure you fit comfortably sitting in the collar seats. Goodluck and enjoy. Dave.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2006, 12:12:09 am »
I do own the Cayman with with the circ pump option. I believe that reguardless of which configuration you get, this is one option you should get. This option comes with the same heater as the gold and platinum lines (at least in 2004 and 2005) and the circ pump is not a tiny one but a huge one (240 volt).

Some nice things about it are: most seats have their own air control, there are different levels of seating and the jets are powerful. I don't know how the 32 jet configuration is plumbed but  the 56 jet has the ability to have every person in the tub get therapy.

Do try to wet test the neck jet seats though since at 6' tall, I just fit into one seat and not the other.

I think it's a great tub, only problem so far is that I lost 5 jets (one at a time) but they have been replaced under warranty. When shopping for the tub, I was going to "upgrade" to the gold series Emerald because of the greater warranty on the gold. My dealer said that the components on the Island were the same as the higher end ones and not to worry about it.

Do you have any specific questions?

« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 12:22:30 am by Vinny »

hymbaw

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2006, 03:32:29 am »
While it's great that Artesian is backing their warranty, I would have some concern with any tub that has "lost" 5 jets!!
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2006, 08:29:43 am »
While it's great that Artesian is backing their warranty, I would have some concern with any tub that has "lost" 5 jets!!

To the best of my knowledge none of the tub manufacturers actually make their own jets, they are sourced out to a couple of companies that make jets. So as long as the tub builder covers them under warranty, a failure of this type is more of a knock against the jet manufacturer then the tub manufacturer. If there was a rash of jet failures among Artesian tubs, then there would be cause for concern. The fact that one tub had a failure, that was easily resolved under warranty should not be a concern. I doubt that any manufacture can claim to be completely problem free.

TN__HOT_TUB

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2006, 08:48:01 am »
I do own the Cayman with with the circ pump option. I believe that reguardless of which configuration you get, this is one option you should get. This option comes with the same heater as the gold and platinum lines (at least in 2004 and 2005) and the circ pump is not a tiny one but a huge one (240 volt).

Some nice things about it are: most seats have their own air control, there are different levels of seating and the jets are powerful. I don't know how the 32 jet configuration is plumbed but  the 56 jet has the ability to have every person in the tub get therapy.

Do try to wet test the neck jet seats though since at 6' tall, I just fit into one seat and not the other.

I think it's a great tub, only problem so far is that I lost 5 jets (one at a time) but they have been replaced under warranty. When shopping for the tub, I was going to "upgrade" to the gold series Emerald because of the greater warranty on the gold. My dealer said that the components on the Island were the same as the higher end ones and not to worry about it.

Do you have any specific questions?

Thanks for the insight on the circulation pump.  I too have noticed the potential confinement due to the neck jets and will definitely try before I buy.

No specific questions just yet.  It's definitely on the short list.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2006, 09:25:09 am »

Don't know what you own or sell but the jets are manufactured by Waterway.

It's funny how (and Bosco mentioned it too) how a HS can have deteriation on a 5 month old spa and it's OK, Sundances can need repairs on new spas and it's OK, Marquis have people here that need repairs and it's OK. But let any of the big 4 have a problem, a major problem and it's OK because it's the [glb]BIG 4[/glb]Any and all manufacturers have problems ... mine seems to be minor!

If all that happens is me losing my jets and their covered by warranty and replaced promptly by my dealer, I don't see a problem. I'd rather have that than replacing buttons, spa packs, entire spa ... GET THE POINT - hymbaw.

RTex

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2006, 10:59:22 am »
TN__Hot__Tub: You asked if I have had my spa serviced frequently.  No, at this point of ownership, since last August, I have not had any house calls.  However, on a couple of occasions I called the tech person at my dealership with concerns.  On each occasion, I have been provided with an acceptable response.  In one instance, I was sent a different filter to use with the 24-hour circ pump circuit because the original one apparently created too much resistance too quickly, setting off a flashing lights code.  I was having to clean it too often based on recommended cleaning periods and it had little to do with how often and how many people were using the tub.  After changing to this different filter, I have had no such problems  and the water has not been difficult to keep clean.  The tech seemed to know right away that this was the solution and the new filter came at no additional cost to me.  This is what I mean about "good, competent" service.  It doesn't have to be a major leak and flood on your patio.

As I read yours and others comments here about Artesian, and think about my own experiences, I would say you should definitely look at the next series up as well (the Gold line).  The only reason why I say this is the collar neck jet issue and seat heights.  You, and any other signficant others in your life who 1) will use regularly and 2) who may tend to be fussy should wet test the exact model you buy, if this is possible (it obviously always isn't in my market area).  By the way, I see there has been some retooling in the 2006 line of Island spa series and woud be curious to know what are the real differences from the 2005 line besides cosmetics.  Are the seat heights changed?  plumbing differences?  In any case, if you really do like the dealer, I believe that you should be able to find a model you like with Artesian.  Finally, I think it might help you to know I am just a consumer and  do not sell or have any friends or family who sell Artesian and I am not currently in this business in any way.  

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2006, 11:09:03 am »
Like Vinny stated, jet internals that popped out, is really a minor issue. Almost every spa manuafacturer uses jets made from one of four jet manufacturers. Waterway Plastics happens to be the largest manufacturer of jets in the country. Waterway is used by Artesian and half of the other spa manufacturers. Waterway makes a good product. In Vinny's case, the jet that is used in his spa, has two small dimples or nipples, that hold the jet internal firmly in place. If one of the nipples snap or crack, the internal will pop out under pressure or while being turned by the customer. Waterway acknowleged in the summer of 2005, that they have had a few cases of jets popping out due the nipple cracking, not many cases, but enough for them to strengthen the plastic more, in the nipple area. This took place in the summer of 2005. We have had only 4 customers lose 1 or 2 jets and one customer that lost more than Vinny. So, it has been very spotty. A quick two second  replacement by the dealer or homeowner.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2006, 11:09:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42