What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone Heard of Ovestockspas.com?  (Read 9660 times)

may8589

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Anyone Heard of Ovestockspas.com?
« on: March 09, 2006, 05:58:24 am »
Hello, I just discovered this forum and am looking for some feedback on hot tubs.  We owned a Leisure Bay hot tub at a previous home but left it behind once we moved out of state.  We are now looking for a new hot tub and found something we liked at overstockspas.com.  Here is the link for your viewing:

http://www.overstockspas.com/riptide/Abyss.htm

Does anyone have any experience with this company or this hot tub?  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

May
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 08:51:59 am by wmccall »

Hot Tub Forum

Anyone Heard of Ovestockspas.com?
« on: March 09, 2006, 05:58:24 am »

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
Re: Anyone Heard of Ovestockspas.com?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 07:38:41 am »
As a new spa owner, I can't stress how important it is to have a dealer that will stand behind a product with local service. I believe you might want to dry and wet test the model before you buy. I'm real glad I did.
If I could just chew through these restraints...

water@104

• Sitting here doing what i do best!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 09:09:16 am »
I bought my hot tub from them about almost a year ago. I bought the cascade, which is now called Maui.The tub has 84 jets & 3 - 5.5 HP pumps, 8' lounger, 24 hr. circulation pump, 2 waterfalls and a led lighting. we also got ours with radio/cd player.

We love our tub. We have had only one problem with it. The pump that has 2 speeds on it lost the low speed. I called them and they sent me out a new one with out any question. The only thing about buying from them is that you are pretty much on your own for the labor side of things. They do give you $$ towards the labor, but then you have to find the local repair guy to do the work. I did the repair work on the pump myself it was very easy it took me about 30 minutes and everything was back up and running great.  

The one thing you will find out is that their spas are made by Clearwater spas. But as far as I am concerned it is still a great tub.  

Here is a link that was sent to me when I was in the process of buying mine.  

when I ordered mine they said it would be at my house in 3-4 weeks and it was on time as they said it would be. The only thing I wasn't aware of was that it was curb side delivery; I believe that you can ask and get delivery to the location for the tub, just need to ask.

Over all I am very happy with my tub and I would buy again from them in the future.  

I know that people here are going to bash me for buying over the net and not wet testing but, I have no regrets with what I bought. I got hen to throw in the cover, steps, start up chemicals.  

I hope this helps

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 03:29:25 pm by stick1970 »

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 09:19:59 am »
Personaly, I would not take the chance. Buying from a great dealer takes as much research a picking out a spa.

Nah, this would not be for me. I feel the spa brand and dealer I purchased from was money well spent. I feel very good about my dealer, and it is nice to have him 4 miles down the road. I am 1000% comfortable with knowing he is there for me for any reason or dumb question I may have.

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 12:59:10 pm »
before i got into searching out a manufacturer to represent, my freind/partner was looking at these guys. they were interested in having some "store front" activity.
unfortunatly we never visited their opperation, so i cannot comment of the cunstrution quality no can i comment on their functionability.
with that price range, you may want to visit a local dealer. alot (if not all) of well known, well respected manufacturers have "top lines" in that range.
keep your options open. it will lead you to your perfect tub.

socal
Marquis dealer

jim97219

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 03:22:32 pm »
I'm 100% with aaahhh on this one.  For that kind of money, you can wet-test any number of tubs, get a great one you know you like AND have a dealer behind you for support.  Given that, why would you mess around with a "close-out" spa with limited support, no dealer at all and no ability to wet test?  Here's a rather interesting link:
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1140139577

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 03:27:42 pm »
Are they associated with overstock.com, home of the lady touting "The Big O"?

If so, I'd buy that for a dollar!

Terminator
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 10:53:00 am by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 03:29:31 pm »
For what it's worth

Better Business Report:

http://www.saltlakecity.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=6002202

When I first started looking I came across them, and it seemed that you got a lot of spa for you money.  However, through this forum,   I decided to go with a major brand and with a dealer that was close by and had a good rep.  

I'm not crazy about buying a high ticket item on the internet.    If this is the level and price of the spa you want to buy, you might find an indepedent "garage" dealer building spas in your area. At least you will save the shipping and have an adress to go to when you need help.   If you are going to spend 6K plus,  I'd take a hard look at some of the major brands and what you get for you money before you buy.  
I was a bit put off by thier name "Overstock" as it implies they deal in extra spas and pass along savings. I belive these folks manufactuer spas, not dealers in over stocks.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 03:36:13 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 03:32:58 pm »
That name seems deceptive to me as well.

Of course, nearly everyone that comes in my store thinks our spas are made in Arkansas.  I have always assured them that if they ever run across a spa made in Arkansas, it will consist of a #9 washtub, a cord of firewood, and a can of bean dip.

Terminator

water@104

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 03:51:37 pm »
drewster, can you explain what you mean by this comment please

"If this is the level and price of the spa you want to buy, you might find an indepedent "garage" dealer building spas in your area."

Are you saying that these tubs are the quality of something that would be made out of some guys garage?  

If that is what you are saying you are very wrong about that.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2006, 04:07:11 pm »
drewster, can you explain what you mean by this comment please

"If this is the level and price of the spa you want to buy, you might find an indepedent "garage" dealer building spas in your area."

Are you saying that these tubs are the quality of something that would be made out of some guys garage?  

If that is what you are saying you are very wrong about that.

I am saying they strike me as the same quality you may find with an independent dealer, or sometime "garage" dealer.  Yes.  

In my area, there are a few of these.  Some boast high quality, expert craftmanship and will drill the jets to your speficic body.  Some strike me as a couple of idoits slapping pumps onto a big plastic dish and using what parts they can garner.

So if the original poster for what ever reason, didn't want to go with a brand name tub, he may look around and find a non brand tub built in his area for a comparable price. rather than buying something blind over the net.

The few indepnedents  I met seemed to be pretty decent people.  

Overstock spas appears to me be of the same quality. A 6k spa with a bunch of sizzle.  

Sorry if the term "Garage" put you off.  It wasn't ment to imply poor quality,  it implies  a small independant company.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 04:33:45 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

water@104

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 04:35:17 pm »
Ok, thanks for the Explanation.

I also hope you didn't offend any garage spa builders either. But I can't see how you would have by comparing them to Overstock. They sell a great line of spas.

Oh well you have your thoughts and I have my thoughts. I am very happy with the spa I bought and that is really the only thing that matters.

Happy tubing!!!!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2006, 04:38:42 pm »
Ok, thanks for the Explanation.

I also hope you didn't offend any garage spa builders either. But I can't see how you would have by comparing them to Overstock. They sell a great line of spas.

Oh well you have your thoughts and I have my thoughts. I am very happy with the spa I bought and that is really the only thing that matters.

Happy tubing!!!!

I took that phrase out. I was joking, but didn't want you to take it the wrong way.  :)

I'm glad you like your tub.  

I was just suggesting the poster might be able to find a simillar tub in his own area.  

07 Caldera Geneva

Chris_H

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 05:08:55 pm »
For $8,332 (the price of the Abyss), you can pretty much get any spa on the market from a local dealer.  

I would recommend you go that route.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 05:11:34 pm »
Apropos, the "Abyss", that is. ;D

Terminator

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 05:11:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42