What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Warm Weather Tubbin'  (Read 5964 times)

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
Re: Warm Weather Tubbin'
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 09:33:01 am »
Yep, I'm OLD school.

104o is where my tub stays year round. I keep trying to tell folks that if they "suffer" for about 2 weeks at higher temps they get used to it and will never have a problem again. Therapy at higher temps is both faster and MUCH more effective.

Now mind you, I do DRINK, stay in for more than 1 hour, and do all that other stuff everyone says you shouldn't, usually on a daily basis.  My BP at the doctor the other day was 118/68 (we won't talk about how much FATTER I've got lately, probably something to do with that drinking and OTHER stuff).

Is it HOT? Of course it's hot it's a HOT TUB!  A few things to keep in mind, however. In hotter water and weather, KEEP hydrated, especially if you have low body fat. Feeling queasy is the first sign you need to cool down and drink fluids. Sit up on the side of the tub, chill out and then get back in.

Watch the kids, especially kids under about 8 years old. No matter how hot the water (I've had it as high as 110o on COLD winter nights, I've NEVER seen a kid between 8 and 14 have a problem with hot water. The younger ones, on the other hand, seem to have an occasional problem, so watch their cheeks and ask them if they "feel sick." If their cheeks and back start getting red, or if they complain of an upset stomach, have them get out for awhile. The 8 to 14 year olds (my experience range) seem impervious to water temperature, unlike younger adults in the 18 to 24 range.

In the summer, I also like to combine the hot tub with the beach and pool. I usually start with surfing at 8 AM for about 2 HRS, followed by 1 HR in the pool and 30 minutes in the hot tub. Awesome experience if you have the opportunity...

Peace and Hot Water...

Drewski

8)
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 09:33:01 am »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2006, 10:24:16 am »
2-3 large bags of ice will definitely do the trick for a day of cooler soaking.

I met a couple people that do this and I look forward to trying it out this summer

:o Actually.....I was joshin about the ice in the tub.....but now I've read back about 100 pages, I see someone came up with the idea of floating 2 litre soda bottles (empty of soda, filled with water and frozen) in the tub to lower the temps....
*lol* stuff I think is funny is sometimes FACT.....who'da thunk?
RIP C-Rod

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2006, 10:42:57 am »
I have a small above ground pool and that  gets used quite a bit in the summer.

My Hot tub use goes way down in the hot months.  (July, August)

The main reason I bought a hot tub was to enjoy a hot soak on cold nights and be able to get outside and enjoy the yard somewhat during the winter.

I'll turn the tub down to about 95.  I use it a lot less in the summer, and if I do, it's at night, when the sun is down and usally it's for therapy (aching back from yard work).  
07 Caldera Geneva

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2006, 12:39:02 pm »
It is amazing what having a hot tub did for us this winter. My husband keeps saying, that he has NEVER enjoyed the winter before!  I am thinking that this summer, the kids can jump from the tub to the pool and that may mean we can open it up even earlier this year. My kids have been in the ocean when it was 56 degrees. So I am thinking if the pool was even in the high 60's they could jump in and if it got too cold, warm up in the tub  ;D
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 03:21:20 pm by Bonibelle »
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2006, 01:04:02 pm »
It is amazing what having a hot tub did for us this winter. My husband keeps saying, that he has NEVER enjoyed the winter before!  I am thinking that this summer, the kids can jump from the tub to the pool and that may mean we can open it up even earlier this year. My kids have been in the ocean when it was 56 degrees. So I am thinking if the pool was even in the high 60's they could jump in and if it got too cold, warm up in the pool.  ;D

Absolutely true but I'd say more like the low 60's as long as the spa is close by. My kids have gone in the pool when it was so freezing it hurt to watch but they know they can always hop in the spa to warm up. Wait until you see you spa water when the kids have hopped back and forth all day long. Many high does of dichor to end the day when they've had their full use days with friends but it always works.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2006, 02:57:52 pm »
.  If I don't post a joke on the Dead Horse forum on Monday morning, you'll know I'm in a hospital in Cleveland.

I recommend the Cleveland Clinic, especially if your a Vet.  (I'm a PA native by the way, I may pass you on the road to Erie.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2006, 07:34:12 am »
Spatech, I still have Bromine in the tub and use chlorine in the pool, that's OK for the kids to go back and forth isn't it?? I know the spa will be off limits to the huge gang I get the day school lets out. Last year they really made a mess of my pool, but they were here from 10:30 am until 10:00 pm...Which reminds me  If anyone has a Big Lots around them, they just got tons of summer party stuff in. It never lasts at Big Lots but you can pick up some really neat stuff for summer theme parties  :)

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2006, 07:37:58 am »
Boni,

I have a friend who was a pool, a spa and kids.  He nevers has both the pool and the spa open at the same time because it creates problems for him when they go back and forth between them.  I don't know what chemicals he uses.
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2006, 07:54:54 am »
I think my hubby would burn them at the stake if they messed up the tub. Guess I'd better think this one out. I was a little concerned about the debris that they might pick up on their feet walking across the deck from the pool.  The pool is about 10 feet from the tub. I have this weird thing about being the first of my friends to open my pool. We all enjoy it so much, I just though we could extend the season using the tub.  We'll see, I still have at leat one more month to figure it out. Thanks guys ;)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2006, 09:10:57 am »
Boni,

I have a friend who was a pool, a spa and kids.  He nevers has both the pool and the spa open at the same time because it creates problems for him when they go back and forth between them.  I don't know what chemicals he uses.

I'd like to hear more about this.    Anyone else have a problem  or anything to add?

???
07 Caldera Geneva

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2006, 05:08:37 pm »
I don't think there would be any problem.  I have friends who use bromine in the spa and chlorine in the pool and they've never had an issue.  The only water that could have a problem would be the pool water and the amount of bromine being introduced into a large body of water (pool) isn't going to amount to anything, IMO.

Of course my spa gets lots of use in summer because it is right next to the pool and my kids are in their teens, so lots of big kid use...and abuse.

I use chlorine in both.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 05:11:01 pm by tony »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2006, 06:58:40 pm »
how much bromine needs to be introduced before it turns a chlorinated system into brominated? I hadn't considered the issue until I read this, and since I don't have a pool, it doesn't directly concern me, other than curiosity-wise.....
RIP C-Rod

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
Re: STEROID FREE WIN???
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2006, 03:30:11 pm »
You mean the REF'S weren't on steroids?  Well, they musta been on SOMETHING to call a game like that!!!  

ps...the IX Center is about 10 minutes from the exact center of my soon-to-be-installed Sundance Bahia!!!

Better than I deserve...

Hot Tub Forum

Re: STEROID FREE WIN???
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2006, 03:30:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42