What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Warm Weather Tubbin'  (Read 5961 times)

Snowbird

• What did he say?
Warm Weather Tubbin'
« on: March 14, 2006, 08:53:09 am »
There are many posts here about the virtues of outdoor cold weather soaking.  My tubbin' friends all swear by soaking in a snowfall.

Even though my tub is indoors, I do enjoy standing out on the deck and air drying in 20 degree weather after a soak.

At 80 or 90 air temp it doesn't seem like it would be good to sit in a 100 degree tub.  Well, it was 76 degrees here in da Burgh yesterday and it brings up a question.

What do you all outdoor soakers do in the summer?
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

Hot Tub Forum

Warm Weather Tubbin'
« on: March 14, 2006, 08:53:09 am »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: Warm Weather Tubbin'
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 09:16:45 am »
Here in N. Fla, it can get pretty uncomfortable in the summer.  I've already started the downward temp trend by dropping the tub temp from the winter high of 100 to 99.  As the weather warms, I'll continue dropping the temp bottoming out at 96.  Since my tub is in full sun all day, I prop the cover to vent excessive heat and soak at sunset, night and sunrise/early morning.  Midday soaks are just too hot.  With this setup, the tub normally runs between 97 and 98 with very little, if any, heater contribution.  Since I've owned the tub, winters have become special just for tubbing.  Of course our friends to the north are laughing when I talk of winters here in Florida land and I don't blame'em..... 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 10:44:43 am »
It is the same here in Tucson.  During the summer I turn the temperature down to 96 and the tub has a hard time getting that low.  I have a big swing umbrella that I have over the tub during the day to help it keep cool.  As windsurfdog said, tubbing during the day is out of the question.  At least in the desert the nights get cool.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 11:14:58 am »
We pretty much avoid the spa during the hottest humidest days of summer, and turn the water temperature down below 100 for the rest of the warm season.  
Brewman

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 11:22:33 am »
and in da nort' dere, hey, dey trow bags of ICE in da tubs to cool 'em down, ya hey!   ;)
RIP C-Rod

hymbaw

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 11:58:41 am »
I enjoy tubbin' all year long....it's still tubbin'!

Tubbin' is always good even though it's better sometimes than others.

It's like sex that way! ;D
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 12:24:55 pm »
During the summer I turn the temperature down to 96 and the tub has a hard time getting that low.

FF or TP?   ::)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 03:24:13 pm »
Well, I'm 100 miles west of  you, so the weather is the same.  Even on hot days a 100 degree tub is refreshing and if there is any breeze it still feels good. You just cant stay in for a long time. The last couple of summers, as I 'm sure you remember have cool evenings even when it hit 90 during the day. We do a lot more evening, late night soaks in the summer.

Oh, congrats on the first steroid free superbowl win  ;)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 03:24:58 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 03:29:24 pm »

FF or TP?   ::)

We have the same situation, though I rather cheer for Michigan than ever turn my tub below 98. (never below 100 actually).  During the hottest times, when we tub aruond 10 pm, I occasionally go out 20-30 minutes ahead to open the cover.  With our weather it may be 85 today, and 55 tommorow, so its nice to open the tub and find 103-104 on a cool night even though the tub was set at 101-102.   We did get a heat spell last spring with temps near 90 for several days, and I haven't commited to turning my tub to its summer 101 yet, and I opened to tub to find 106.  It didn't take long for a tub with the top open to cool down.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 03:54:01 pm »
We usually turn down the temp to 100 and do a lot of soaking with coffee in the early AM when its cooler and no one else is up in the neighborhood.  Because it gets dark so late in the summer its hard to go without suits at 8 PM

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 04:20:57 pm »
We usually turn down the temp to 100 and do a lot of soaking with coffee in the early AM when its cooler and no one else is up in the neighborhood.  

In our neighborhood, you'd have to be out at around 2:30am to get that....lot of local truck drivers around here...gas stations open by 4am, close by 9:30pm....
RIP C-Rod

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 04:26:58 pm »
 Because it gets dark so late in the summer its hard to go without suits at 8 PM

Not a problem.....wear the suit in, take it off and soak, put it back on to get out.  Just don't stand up and salute! 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 04:56:02 pm »
I keep my temp at 102 and soak early mornings or later evenings.  Won't go near it during the day.  Heck, I never soak during the day.

The spa gets a lot of use during summer.  My personal use is consistant, but the rest of the family use it a lot more when its warm.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 04:57:53 pm by tony »

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 05:27:38 pm »
Well, I'm 100 miles west of  you, so the weather is the same.  Even on hot days a 100 degree tub is refreshing and if there is any breeze it still feels good. You just cant stay in for a long time. The last couple of summers, as I 'm sure you remember have cool evenings even when it hit 90 during the day. We do a lot more evening, late night soaks in the summer.

I'm usually up around 5AM so early soaks would be good.  And I work steady afternoon shifts and get home around 10PM and the late ones will be good too.

Oh, congrats on the first steroid free superbowl win  ;)

Thanks, but I'm not too sure about the steriod free part, but they took alot of people by surprise.

We are going to Cleveland IX Center this weekend.  Wifey is going to the Embroidery & Quilt show and I'm going to the Outdoor Show and the Autorama.  I will be sure to wear my Steeler Super Bowl Champs hat.  If I don't post a joke on the Dead Horse forum on Monday morning, you'll know I'm in a hospital in Cleveland.

Duffman

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 09:27:13 pm »
2-3 large bags of ice will definitely do the trick for a day of cooler soaking.

I met a couple people that do this and I look forward to trying it out this summer

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 09:27:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42