What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How many Show Shoppers are looking in?  (Read 10318 times)

J._McD

How many Show Shoppers are looking in?
« on: March 08, 2006, 02:55:37 pm »
Show shoppers that are lurking in the background, this is a good time to be shopping for a Hot Tub.  Home Shows, Pool and Spa Shows are great places to shop and buy Hot Tubs.

As you may have read in recent threads here, there are some irritating questions that are commonly asked to seasoned veterans that sometimes will trigger unexpected responses.  This would be a good time to think about getting the most out of Show Shopping.

What are some of the first things that you want to know in the first 5 minutes when talking to a reptresentative?

Hot Tub Forum

How many Show Shoppers are looking in?
« on: March 08, 2006, 02:55:37 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: How many Show Shoppers are looking in?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 03:02:37 pm »
What are some of the first things that you want to know in the first 5 minutes when talking to a reptresentative?

"Where's your spa made?"
"Is your spa chemical-free?"
"Why does your hat say Marquis and your shirt say Dimension One?" :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

spaceguy

• Hey!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 03:23:24 pm »
Can't I get one from (insert big box store name here) for less money....Isn't it just a big tub with a water heater.. how complicated can it be?

Can you put in 60 jets?  My neighbor has 50 jets in his tub and I want to make sure one I get is better!!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 03:53:24 pm »
"Where did you get those nachos?"
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 03:59:45 pm »
Support This is a great site for info. I bought based on what I read on this web site. Not just the forum. The forum is a free for all. But this site was a usefull tool in my buying decision. I'm sure it saved mucho grandee. You just need to filter threw the graff.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 04:29:38 pm by galen »

kayaknva

• Jacuzzi J355
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 04:02:04 pm »
Well I recently purchased a tub and came on here to get an opinion of someone in the know. I guess my first questions were

*Why is your tub 2-3k more than the ones on ebay?
*How does your warranty compare to others?
*How long will it last?

If it were not for this forum I would have made a big mistake and bought online. My final decision was based on the warranty/support.

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 04:59:45 pm »
The first question I always ask is "Why is there a skum line around the tub"  answer...Because dumb people with hand cream on keep putting their hands in the water.

And the second is "Do you know where the bathroom is"  answer.....  over there behind the majic brooms

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 05:11:55 pm »
"Mr. Hot Tub salesman, my wife and I have sat in hot tubs at hotels and resorts, but we've never owned a tub before and know very little about them except that we might enjoy having one.  What can you tell us that would help us decide?"

How you respond will set the tone for all our future dealings, if there are any.

If you respond with how bad all the other tubs are followed by how great your tub is you must be a Thermospa salesman.

If you ask questions about what we want to get out of owning a tub then you are on the right track.  

If you ask what our concerns are and you tell us the pros and cons (nothing is perfect), you are making progress.

If you tell us what we should look for in a good tub without mentioning any specific brands, we are making progress.

When you are sure we know enough to make an informed decision and recognize the merits of your tub, you can show us your product.

While we are looking for a tub that fits our needs we can talk price.

This might take 30 minutes or 30 days.  If you try to rush me, I’ll have to wonder why.

Finally, if you tell me that a price you will sell a tub for today might not be available in an hour or a day, I will be gone for sure.
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

SurgTec

• Up to my neck in hot water!
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 05:21:38 pm »
Fantastic response Snowbird!

shabba34

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 05:36:05 pm »
Some may not like this response, but if I'm gonna spend $15,000.00 - $20,000.00 worth of booth space at a home show, you better damn well believe I'm gonna try to get your business at the show.  And maybe this price IS only good through the end of the show.  As a customer you ask why?  There are 50 reasons why, (Dealers will agree), but all that matters is cause I said so and if you don't like it then piss off.  If your the hot shot customer that says I get what ever price I want when I want it, then go jerk off some other dealer.  I don't have the patience for you.  If you just want to look at a product that you know your not going to purchase at a show, then look, but don't take up all my time.  I have all the time in the world at the showroom.  I will be happy to explain the theory of evolution for christ sakes, just not at a home show.....  More to come, have a customer that I have to tend to.... >:( ;) :)      

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 05:54:06 pm »
all that matters is cause I said so and if you don't like it then piss off... go jerk off some other dealer.  I don't have the patience for you...I will be happy to explain the theory of evolution for christ sakes, just not at a home show      

class act...NOT ::)...why would you show such contempt for a potential customer.  Not everyone can afford to jump in with both feet before testing the water.

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 06:41:28 pm »
Steve, I think most agree that a home show is where the customers that have been waiting all winter and have got their tax return, EXPECT a good deal that will make them pull the trigger. There waiting for the "show" which ever it is. We have RV shows, boat shows, home shows, garden shows, all with good deals to be had. It instills excitment. These dealers put out a lot of effort. Have you ever seen a garden show in the winter and all the displays that they work hard to show their talent? My neighbor is a boat dealer and he goes to a huge amount of work and money for his winter show. He sells about 10 boats a show. It takes him two months to move that many.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 06:45:38 pm by galen »

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 06:45:15 pm »
More to come, have a customer that I have to tend to.... >:( ;) :)

You don't need to say anymore.  You've told me all I need to know about how you do business.
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

shabba34

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2006, 07:17:27 pm »
You don't need to say anymore.  You've told me all I need to know about how you do business.
I guess nobody got the scarcasm..  Hence the angry, wink, smiley face...  Thats what the icons are for.  Lighten up folks.  
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 07:47:00 pm by pkud »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2006, 09:12:40 pm »
HEY! I own some magic brooms!

The first question I always ask is "Why is there a skum line around the tub"  answer...Because dumb people with hand cream on keep putting their hands in the water.

And the second is "Do you know where the bathroom is"  answer.....  over there behind the majic brooms

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2006, 09:12:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42