What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thermaspa - Park Avenue  (Read 9870 times)

natedog

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Thermaspa - Park Avenue
« on: March 05, 2006, 12:40:54 am »
What is a reasonable price to pay for a Thermaspa - Park Avenue and is it a quality spa? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Hot Tub Forum

Thermaspa - Park Avenue
« on: March 05, 2006, 12:40:54 am »

SurgTec

• Up to my neck in hot water!
Re: Thermaspa - Park Avenue
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 09:50:22 am »
Thermaspa is very pricey.  I had an "in home" presentation by them and the salesman was more interested in nailing down how much we were willing to spend and then 'building' us a spa around that - versus finding out what we wanted in a spa.  They have lots of "bells and whistles" that aren't necessarily what you want or need.  I also didn't care for not being able to even 'dry test' one of their spas.  To spend $10,000. for something sight unseen just doesn't go over well with me.  

natedog

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 10:07:40 am »
Yes, I definitely want to wet test a spa before I plunk down my hard earned cash.  I talked to a "direct" salesman who said he didn't receive a commission. He was willing to sell me a SwimSpa for $24,000. This price included covers, lifters and thermazone ozone system. He said normally I would have had to talk to a commissioned salesman, but Birmingham, AL is outside of all of the salesmans regular territoy. He said normally a SwimSpa would be $28,000, but he could sell me a SwimSpa for $24,000.

From the research I've done so far, it feels like I'll have to use the same buying tactics and strategy as I would use in buying a new car in buyinjg a hottub.

Was the salesman trying to sell you a Park Avenue for $10,000?

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 10:15:13 am »
I wouldn't believe any of what a Thermospa salesman says.  They are a high pressure sales driven company.  Check out other swim spas.  There are a couple of the spa companies that sell them through a real dealer.  Then you can compare prices and features.  If Thermospa is the best, buy it then....but do your homework first.  They would be one of the last companies I "trusted."

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 10:23:09 am »
Hydropool, D1 and Master all offer swim spas and have good manufacturer reputations.

Looks like less money, too.

natedog

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 10:47:06 am »
Thanks tony. I'm really torn between brands and between types of spas. If you you had to rank brands by quality then price. How would the following rank?:

Dimension 1
Hot Springs
Cal Spa
Thermo Spa
Master

SurgTec

• Up to my neck in hot water!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 11:13:38 am »
The $10,000 quote was for a 'stripped down' Concorde model I think (I was pretty put off and didn't keep any of their literature).

If you are looking for a 'swim spa' - I'm not sure who all makes them.  All the brands you listed are frequently mentioned on this message board.  

Thermospa is a 'direct sales' brand - period.  Don't believe any salesperson who says he isn't going to make a commission - one way or another (they might call it something different) they make a commission.  This is not to say I don't think a sales person shouldn't make a commission - I just don't trust someone claiming NOT to be making one!

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 12:52:10 pm »
Do not buy any spa sight unseen. Do not beleive that a salesman is selling you a product out of the goodness of his own heart, do you work for nothing, I know I don't.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 01:14:06 pm »
Thanks tony. I'm really torn between brands and between types of spas. If you you had to rank brands by quality then price. How would the following rank?:

Dimension 1
Hot Springs
Cal Spa
Thermo Spa
Master

Hard to say.  Everybody has different criteria.  Cal and Thermo have had a lot of negative remarks in the past.  Master has big pumps, lots of power...cost more to operate?...Hot Springs and D1 have been aroung a long time and generally high rated.

A good dealer is an important part of the decision.  Although spas are boxes of water, they have become fairly technical and you will need service throughout its lifetime and your dealer is who you will rely on...at least while the warranty is in effect and most likely longer.  Take your time and enjoy the purchase process.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 11:29:52 am »
If you are looking for a 'swim spa' - I'm not sure who all makes them.  All the brands you listed are frequently mentioned on this message board.  

Dimesnion 1 has a line of swim spas.  

07 Caldera Geneva

teach

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 06:32:43 pm »
I know three people with the Thermospa Park Avenue and they all love theirs ( some 4 years) and report no problems.  Service i our area seems to be pretty good.  I brought a Concord Deluxe and really like it.  It  seems built extremely well with lots of powerful jets and comfort.  Water care is a snap.  The cabinet was scatched during installation...No problem...my dealer ordered new panels ,at no cost to me, and came up and installed them..I also just got back from Pgh Home show and they had alot of spas on display.  Most have been mentioned on the forum in the "top Ten"  plus others like the HOme Depot kind.   The only one that seemed close to the quality of the T-spa, at least in appearance,  was the Artic.  As Napoleon would say, "SWEET."   The other spas just don't look and feel quality.  I really don't won't to bad mouth any of them, just use your own judgement.  Yes, the thermospa salespeople are a pain in the @$# and should all be retrained how to soften their sales tactics.    That sure is a shame, because I'm  sure others would like T-Spa if that segment of the company would change.    As a Teach, I would grade their tubs in the B+ to A  range.......thier sales people.. C to D range.  They are not  bad salesmen, but do come on alittle strong.  If you are prepared for that.....things go fine.    If you buy, don't buy the first salespitch...tell them you want to think about first.  You will probably save money.   Just get what you want an don't get hung up an all that others say.   Good luck .

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 06:32:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42