What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: not all air injection jets sending air out?  (Read 5829 times)

pianoman

not all air injection jets sending air out?
« on: March 05, 2006, 11:17:53 pm »
Hello everyone and if anyone has an answer for my problem I would appreciate some help. I just purchased a Leisure Bay spa from Rec Wharehouse, the salido model and even though I have read some negative reviews on the forum my wife and I are very happy with it for the time being. It comes with an very good warranty so I called the service man and he sent his tech man out the next day. A forty mile trip for him one way. The problem I have is that when I turn my air injection controls on the air does not come out of all 31 jets. Three jets expel only water without air. I would naturally assume that the air injection should come out of every jet on the spa unless something is wrong somewhere. Well the tech calls me that night and said he could not find anything wrong. I explained to him that you can plainly see when the air injection is turned on that some of the jets do not have air coming out of them. He again told me that he could not find anything wrong and said he would call the factory and would call me back. That was a week ago and I have yet to here from him. Am I right in saying that there is something wrong with this spa and should I continue to pursue this problem through the dealer until I am satishpied? I just need to know if this is a something common among spas. Would appreciate some answers from some spa owners that know more than I know as this is my first spa. Thanks, Dave

Hot Tub Forum

not all air injection jets sending air out?
« on: March 05, 2006, 11:17:53 pm »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Re: not all air injection jets sending air out?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 11:23:00 pm »
pianoman,
you could try calling them back, it COULD be they're just getting swamped with service calls......you could also probably find an email address on the leisure bay website (I assume they've got one) to direct your question straight to them.....or you could call another leisure bay dealer farther from home and ask your question......
Personally, I would also assume that air would come out of all the jets, or very least all the jets above the footwell area....I've also been known to be wrong once or twice in my life......  ::)
RIP C-Rod

J._McD

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 08:58:53 am »
There are jets and there are air injectors.  I am expecting water out of the jets and when I turn the air blower on, I would be expecting air out of the injectors that are there for that purpose.  Any water coming out of the could on be the water that back fills the air injector manifold when the blower is turned off.  

If you are getting air bubbles out of some identify the ones that are working so that you may point to the ones that don't work when the service person comes out.

If the lines are kinked, plugged, or some how restricted air is not going to come out and this may call for digging into the air injector manifold.

First things first, the next time you are in the Hot Tub (tonight) identify which ones have air bubbles and which ones don't.  That will be your starting point.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 09:00:14 am by J._McD »

pianoman

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 10:46:31 pm »
Thank you for your responses. One of the seats has only four jets in a staight line behind your back. When I turn on the air three put out air and water and one only puts out water. The Tech said he could not find any kinks in the line so I guess he will need to dig deeper to find the problem has you said,  but he still tried to convince me that there was nothing wrong with it. The two foot jets on the bottom do not put out air which is really no big deal. It's really a small problem and we have no regrets at this point. It's just the fact that when you pay $5600.00 for a spa you want to know that eveything is working properly. My wife and I really enjoy our spa as I use it at least twice a day. I did make the mistake of telling my wife last night that soaking in our spa is better than S#@. Man, I regret saying that, but at 52 years of age and after a hard day of work it just doesn't get any better than soaking in our hot tub on a cold night under the stars. Thanks again for both replies, Dave

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 11:22:29 pm »
I won't give you a rude reply like some other people here.  My Epic has a couple of vertical rows of jets.  As I turn the air injection valve on, the air comes out of the top jets first then works its way down as the air supply is increased.  Your foot jets are in my opinion the most important for air.  Does air make it's way to the foot jets if you divert most of the power there?
Steve

pianoman

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 12:00:33 am »
Haven't tried that Steve but will do so tonight. My Spa as a control to turn on the air injection for each seat and the lounger. Tonight I will turn off all the air injection controls for everyseat execpt for the few jets which for some reason are putting out only water and see what happens. I do agree with you that air injection is important in the foot jets as we all know the increase in therapy with the air on. Will let you know what happens. The way this thing has been explained to me is that my spa does not have a blower on it. I was told a blower only blows air through certain jets that are desighned for that purpose only. I was also told that I have air injection jets so that when I turn my air controls on I should have air and water mixture coming out of all 31 jets. Thanks for your help, Dave

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 12:00:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42