What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Master Spa Show Coming to East TX- Yeehaw!  (Read 6697 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Master Spa Show Coming to East TX- Yeehaw!
« on: March 03, 2006, 04:08:43 pm »
Just found out they're coming to Tyler, TX.  I've read so much about them on here that I'm pretty excited to actually get to see one in person!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

Master Spa Show Coming to East TX- Yeehaw!
« on: March 03, 2006, 04:08:43 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Master Spa Show Coming to East TX- Yeehaw!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 04:47:01 pm »
Is this a current dealer switching from another brand to Master or is there a new sheriff in town?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 04:48:42 pm »
Just found out they're coming to Tyler, TX.  I've read so much about them on here that I'm pretty excited to actually get to see one in person!

Terminator

i can see it now....term's on his way out the door, turns to the mrs....."lock and load baby!!"  ;D
Marquis dealer

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 04:55:21 pm »
Is this a current dealer switching from another brand to Master or is there a new sheriff in town?

No, there is no Master Spa dealer around here, never has been.  I believe they're representing the Dallas dealer, which is about 1.5 hours away from Tyler.

Terminator

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 05:02:23 pm »

i can see it now....term's on his way out the door, turns to the mrs....."lock and load baby!!"  ;D

Nah, I've been one of the few folks on here who didn't really have a problem with their shows.  Of course, I've never had to deal with one before as some folks on here pointed out to me at the time.  I think it's a very savvy marketing ploy.

Would we ever participate in this type of marketing?  NO, I don't ever want to resort to these types of endeavors in order to try and scrounge up sales.  We are running a marathon as a company, not a 40-yard dash.

I'm naturally inclined to feel sorry for folks that fall for the rebate scheme until I think about it for awhile.  Then, I tend to chuckle at the thought of the big surprise that awaits them 3 years from purchase. ;D

Terminator

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 05:06:34 pm »
Maybe it's the group ftom Toledo,  ;) I hear the Toledo store closed... Right after a friend of mine bought one.
If I could just chew through these restraints...

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 05:17:44 pm »
No, there is no Master Spa dealer around here, never has been.  I believe they're representing the Dallas dealer, which is about 1.5 hours away from Tyler.  Terminator

What will the service charge be for warranty work 1.5 hours form the store?

Or is that a stupid question?
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 05:21:03 pm »
No such thing as a stupid question Amigo.  As for the answer, that remains to be seen.

Terminator

dadofrad

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 05:52:58 pm »
Do you mean the one weekend only blow out spa show
that last for a month on every weekend. That has multable dealers ready to blow out spas with  hughe saveings. And its only one , them

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 05:53:55 pm »
The One and Only, it appears.

Terminator

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 09:15:51 pm »

I wonder.  I had never seen one of these shows either and I had stopped in the local Master Spa dealer (one of the oldest in town) and the guy there that day told me, "They don't do shows".  A year later I found out about the Home and Garden show.  It wasn't a  spa only show the way some people had described was it was clearly misleading in its advertising.  While at the show I saw no mention of that  local dealer.  Do they have exclusive rights with Master that if a sale is made at this show, they get a commission?  I don't know if the local dealer was involved in the show or not.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2006, 09:17:41 pm »

Terminator

I had no problem with the show itself. There were several good tubs and several good value tubs.  Its the advertising that was pure lies.  Have you heard any ads for this particular show?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

anne

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2006, 11:24:55 pm »
So I'm not so familiar with Master Spas, except that I think I heard something about them being sued for false advertising or something- is this the rebate issue Term refers to? When I buy something from Fry's or Best Buy or wherever, and actually GET the rebate, I think of it as a little present b/c I always expect rebates to go bad somehow. I cannot imagine buying something for several thousand dollars and relying on a REBATE to make the price seem like a deal! Freakin' scary. Is that really what happened?
Dance like nobody's watching

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2006, 11:26:40 pm »
Go ask the venue if they are interested in renting andditional space to another vendor. If they say no, explain what has happened at other similar shows, and then ask them if they think your disctrict attorney's office might be interested in hearing about the "show" with multiple brands.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2006, 12:55:59 pm »
 Have you heard any ads for this particular show?

No sir, I haven't yet.  The lady in charge of marketing at the local mall (owner of a HS Sovereign, BTW) told me that they had made arrangements with the regional mall office in Dallas to do one in Tyler.

Terminator

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2006, 12:55:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42