What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Down to two tub choices  (Read 4285 times)

anne

Down to two tub choices
« on: February 23, 2006, 10:35:34 pm »
I didn't want to put "arctic" in the title......

I'm down to two tub choices. I'm not sure why I'm posting, as I know that I just have to look at the benefits of each one and make up my mind, but ..... input, anyone?

Hotspring Envoy, 2005, new.
Pros:
Great dealer
big company=reliable service later= peace of mind
Nice seating arrangement
nice but not awesome jets
pretty lights ;)

Cons:
Not a huge fan of Moto massage....it might grow on me
Jet strength and arrangement not as appealing to me
Not as attractive

Arctic Summit Legend, 2005 floor model
Pros:
Most comfortable tub I have sat in
Awesome jets/massage
Love the cedar

Cons:
Smaller company/new dealer= less confidence of having dealer/service in my area later (good guy, though)
A little more expensive, but fairly negligible at this point
Can only afford "Arctic" not "peak" ozone
As reliable? I think so, but I'm getting brainwashed by anti-Arctic-ism

It would seem that quality-wise, they are both great spas. If that is the case, I should go with my gut and get the Arctic that my butt likes, and not stress over the *possibility* that the dealer could close down and I'd be without service. But then my brain kicks in and says to play it safe and go with the dealer who seems more experienced and dedicated to his spas, and the back up of a big company

sigh.   :-/
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 10:37:34 pm by anne »
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

Down to two tub choices
« on: February 23, 2006, 10:35:34 pm »

salesdvl

Re: Down to two tub choices
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 11:48:30 pm »
Arctic Summit Legend, 2005 floor model
Pros:
Most comfortable tub I have sat in
Awesome jets/massage

Sounds to me like the decision is made.  Dont over think it.   ;)

Who wants to say " It's got a pretty light from a huge company but sure wish I was more comfortable and the jets felt better."
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 11:52:53 am by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 11:59:37 pm »
Both very good tubs. I looked at HS for two months, I'd go in every other week or so. I would have had to buy a new one. Floor models were taken.  The Artic cedar is nice.  Well built. Dealer held firm on his price. This is the time of the year when you can get a good deal on a 05. I think you would be happy with whatever one you choose. You can't go wrong. Is money an issue?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 12:02:31 am by galen »

anne

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 02:48:48 am »
I think you would be happy with whatever one you choose. You can't go wrong. Is money an issue?

They are within a few hundred dollars of one another, so not really, in the big picture. The arctic is a bit more.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 04:49:28 am »
Anne, good choices.  I am happy to see that you have not rushed your decision and that you have gone about researching the right way.

This reminds me of my purchase last year.  I bought the arctic tundra in feb. 05.  I was so pumped up, and then I found this website and continued on my home work.  I began getting scared about arctic due to the fact that there was some resistance on the forum.  All the sudden, last year the 05 MAXXUS came out and it was the hype here.  I mean everyone was buying it.  So I got scared and started looking at it.  

But my gut said get the arctic and I have not had any regrets yet.

I dont know much about hotsprings, so I can not add to much here on that end.  It appears that there are many happy owners of the envoy here.  So if you chose this, I dont think that you would have regrets.

Arcitc is not a small company.  It has become one of Canadas fastest growing companies in the past few years.  They have recieved several awards with respect to this.  It is just that many store fronts have recently opened, which, is ultimately what you are affraid of.  They have been around for 9 or 10 years now, so they are not that new.

Arctic backs there product just as well if not better than some major companies.  I have had two small issues with the tub, and the repairs were done the same time that I called.  One was a tear in cover upon arrival and the second was a dent in the cedar that was buffed out and restained.

You sound very happy with your choice already. It sounds like you are going into buyers remorse a bit though.  It is normal at this point, I did the same thing.  Go with what feels right to you.  Everyone has there opinions, however, they are not going to be the ones sitting in your tub enjoying it with you.  

Dont let it eat you up.  Just remember, you are getting this tub to relax and enjoy hot water.  Either decision will be the best decision due to the fact that you picked the tub that best suits your needs.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 04:51:04 am by bosco0633 »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 05:26:50 am »
Go with your butt. Comfort is the most important factor, then dealer comfort is second.
Retired

jnsjr58

• Do like the smart piggy... build it with brick!!
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006, 06:36:54 am »
 Sounds to me like you already made your choice.......

Niki says it best " Just do it!"

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 08:29:34 am »
You've agonized over all the tubs and the options.....you've told us you like one over the other for a few reasons....if Arctic supplies a good warranty and you feel that the dealer you purchase from will be there if/when you need the work done....you've already made your decision.
Best of luck!
RIP C-Rod

cappykat

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 10:03:42 am »
Yep, I agree.  Go with your gut.  
2005 Marquis Epic

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 10:11:00 am »
I'm a happy Watkins (who makes Hotsprings) customer.   They are a good company and make a great  product.  It has also been my expereince that the folks representing them are pretty top notch.  

I also have an aquaintence that purchased an Artic 2 years ago and they are very happy with it.  Despite some bad press on overly aggresive salesfolks, and the whole (as well as abit pricey for what you get , IMHO) oh yea..the  TP - FF issue, the folks who I met who have an Artic are satisfied.

So I'd let it come down to the wet test.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 10:50:44 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2006, 06:35:45 pm »
drewster, where is your devils hat!!!  seems to neutral of a comment. ;D ;D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2006, 07:27:27 pm »
This is how I would do it if you're on the fence (not as a spa guy but as an "I want to be sure I'm making the right decison" guy).

Take a couple days off from the decision to let your mind sink. Go in Sunday to each dealer and tell them you are down to your final decision between 2 spas and just want to look one more time. Who knows, one of them may take an extra step to help you decide. Then after looking at them wait a day and go with your gut because either way you're going to be a happy camper.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

anne

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 04:14:01 pm »
Well, the deal is done. With my own time to think, and all of your helpful comments, I found myself feeling very good about my decision, and so the spa is purchased!

In about two weeks, I should have my Arctic Legend SE sitting in my back yard.

Anne

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 04:23:18 pm »
and then you'll say to yourself "boy, I'm glad I went with what was more comfortable for ME!"
Happy soaking!
RIP C-Rod

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2006, 07:35:41 pm »
congrats anne, did you get the sumit

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2006, 07:35:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42