What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 107 water oh yeah  (Read 9339 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
107 water oh yeah
« on: February 23, 2006, 12:40:53 pm »
so if the breakers were tripped on the arctic to jack the temp up to 107, it will reset when you shut the unit down for a refill.  

So I have been in 104 max, which tends to drop a few degrees in the cold water since my last water change.

I just realized that if you hold the temp up button for 5 seconds, it allows the tub to go up to 107 again.  this is great!!!

Hot Tub Forum

107 water oh yeah
« on: February 23, 2006, 12:40:53 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: 107 water oh yeah
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 12:45:30 pm »
so if the breakers were tripped on the arctic to jack the temp up to 107, it will reset when you shut the unit down for a refill.  

So I have been in 104 max, which tends to drop a few degrees in the cold water since my last water change.

I just realized that if you hold the temp up button for 5 seconds, it allows the tub to go up to 107 again.  this is great!!!

107 ? holy cow! What's the weather like were you are at? I had friends in my tub the other day (28 degrees outside, no wind) and had the temp at 101 and after 20 minutes folks were complaing it was too hot.  How long do you soak at 107?  Have you ever verified with another thermometer that the water temp = what the display says?  i'd be comatose at 107. (Althought, I must admit some folks argue my conciousness at room temp)  ::)
07 Caldera Geneva

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 01:05:20 pm »
At 104, I spend 30 min to 1 hr at a time.  The problem is that temps drop about 2 to 3 degrees during this time in the cold.  I like 104, so 107 keeps me on par for quite sometime.

When I first started going in the tub, 98 would make me dizzy with a headache.  Now 104 is like a warm bath.  I love it as hot as I can get it now.

The other thing is that I hate the jets coming on at night.  I like sitting quiet and relaxing.  I find on the really cold nights this effects the temp a little more without running the jets to heat up tub.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 01:19:36 pm »
At 104, I spend 30 min to 1 hr at a time.  The problem is that temps drop about 2 to 3 degrees during this time in the cold.  I like 104, so 107 keeps me on par for quite sometime.

When I first started going in the tub, 98 would make me dizzy with a headache.  Now 104 is like a warm bath.  I love it as hot as I can get it now.

The other thing is that I hate the jets coming on at night.  I like sitting quiet and relaxing.  I find on the really cold nights this effects the temp a little more without running the jets to heat up tub.

You know, if I was a trouble maker, I'd say this is one advantage of a ff spa with 24 hr circ pump. But I'm not a trouble maker.  ::) So I wont say my ff keeps the tub hot without overcompensating , and it's nice and quiet.  8)

Funny, when I first got my tub, I liked it about 102, but I am finding lately a nice 99 degrees is prefered.   My favorite seat has changed too, from a deep seat to the bench seat.  :)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 01:22:28 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Brookenstein

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 01:23:50 pm »
Man, I couldn't imagine being in a tub that hot.  I passed out getting out the tub last night (45 minutes at 101).  Lucky for me, my husband was there to catch me... unlucky for him my elbow smashed his package.   :-/

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 01:53:47 pm »

Man, I couldn't imagine being in a tub that hot.  I passed out getting out the tub last night (45 minutes at 101).  Lucky for me, my husband was there to catch me... unlucky for him my elbow smashed his package.   :-/

just tell him it was your subtle way of commenting on his choice of automobiles  ;) :D ;D soory brook, had to say it....dont hate me  :-[
sorry to hear ya passed out. sure hubby didnt slip ya a micky???
Marquis dealer

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 05:43:35 pm »
You know, if I was a trouble maker, I'd say this is one advantage of a ff spa with 24 hr circ pump. But I'm not a trouble maker.  ::) So I wont say my ff keeps the tub hot without overcompensating , and it's nice and quiet.  8)

drewmeister,
At the risk of joining you as a troublemaker, I don't think there's 1 ounce of difference between ff and tp when the cover is open as in bosco's case.  But I do agree that the 24 hr. circ pump is certainly quieter when heating is necessary.  Now we are both troublemakers... ;)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 06:13:52 pm »
That is danged hot!  Some snot-nosed little kid turned all my HotSpring Spas up to 108 while I was talking to his parents.  After work, I went outside and hopped into the Grandee and burnt my biscuits!  I don't know why our spas go up that hot but it's too bloomin' hot for me.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Tubaholic

• HS Grandee Indoors
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 09:52:50 pm »
Well Terminator at least you didnt hard boil your giblets...

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 10:02:31 pm »
the owners manual (PDF form from online) states that the HS will go up to 106......sounds PLENTY hot to me.....but 108? UGH...then again, someday I might decide that "I like it HOT", but that's to be determined....
RIP C-Rod

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 10:41:42 pm »
Being that there a margin for accuracy with these .....I would drop in a stand alone thermometer ......I hate to be the skeptic but ....that is HOT...... ;)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2006, 10:56:04 am »
Well, I'm keeping my trouble maker hat on.  ::). My personal opinon is I  think  the water in a  TP tub loses heat faster than a FF tub.  On severely cold nights this become very noticable.  After all , you are relying on the heater and pumps to keep the water and the cabinet warm. And unless the cabinets is truley airtight  , heat will wick out/cold air will seep in.  I belive that on fridgid night, this becomes more noticiabel.  I get the impression that one must compensate for this by turning up the heater.  I have no facts to back this up, and it's only my opinon, , but that has never stopped me before   ::)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 11:01:01 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 11:00:14 am »
What's the best BBQue grill on the market?  ;D
Retired

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2006, 11:12:18 am »
Bosco,

Do others who use your tub also find that the 104 temp setting is warm enough or do they too prefer to kick up to 107?

Does your tub have air injectors? If so, how often and how long do you use them?

I am amazed that one can truley sit in 107 degree water for any leaght of time and be comforatbale, but you maybe the exception.  :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 11:18:34 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2006, 03:41:10 pm »
Well, I'm keeping my trouble maker hat on.  ::). My personal opinon is I  think  the water in a  TP tub loses heat faster than a FF tub.  On severely cold nights this become very noticable.  After all , you are relying on the heater and pumps to keep the water and the cabinet warm. And unless the cabinets is truley airtight  , heat will wick out/cold air will seep in.  I belive that on fridgid night, this becomes more noticiabel.  I get the impression that one must compensate for this by turning up the heater.  I have no facts to back this up, and it's only my opinon, , but that has never stopped me before   ::)

Let me make sure I understand exactly what you mean.....

When the cover is off, as is the case with Bosco's original post, you believe heat loss is significantly greater with tp than ff spas?
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2006, 03:41:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42