What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: can anyone relate?  (Read 11400 times)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: can anyone relate?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006, 02:53:33 pm »
Anne,

I have had similar concerns as you, and I am a dealer!

I have come around to the opinion that one does not relat to the other.  Whether I or you spend $5000 to $7500 on a spa or not is not going to change the poverty of 3rd world people.  :'(
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006, 02:53:33 pm »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2006, 03:47:18 pm »
anne, the truly wealthy spend this and dont think twice.  Lets face it, this is a luxury item and with that, only certain people can really just go and spend this kind of money without hesitation and reserve.

The bottom line for me was that quality of life outweighed a few months of debt to pay it off.  I wanted this luxury and because I do not consider my self to be rich, I too fell victim of the, do i really need this syndrome.  

All of your troubles will go away after the first soak.  It will be the most enjoyable time for you.  As you are sitting in your tub, in your backyard, listening to your music, drinking your beverage of choice and enjoying it with your family and friends, you will take a deep relaxing breath and say AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh.  

Whats expensive right now, may not be as much when you calculate it over 10 years.

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2006, 04:16:04 pm »
Anne,

There are probably not many on this board who made these purcahses without some reservation, and some second thoughts. Much like your self my project very quickly went over budget. But, just because were not the kind of people for whom these luxury purchases are a trivial matter, doesn't mean that were not entitled to make them. The way I look at at, I work hard, pay my bills and my mortgage, why not enjoy some of whats left over. As for the money being "Better spent" helping those more in need, I think that we often forget giving money is not the only way to give. Volunteer, and give your time. It might even make the time in the tub more enjoyable.

Bodyaches

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2006, 04:46:31 pm »
I was thinking about 3rd world countries and starvation.
My wife went shopping today and purchased 10 Redbarron pizzias for ten dollars. Now here is a item that would feed a familiy at least one pizza a week for ten weeks. If we can do it why cant they.

I am really tired of the BS on starvation what it boils down to is the greed of their own political BS.

Dont feel bad about buying a spa.....you earned it with your hard works.

Semper Fi
Dick

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2006, 05:25:42 pm »
My wife went shopping today and purchased 10 Redbarron pizzias for ten dollars. Now here is a item that would feed a familiy at least one pizza a week for ten weeks.
Semper Fi
Dick

Well, now that we've got world hunger solved  ::) maybe we can get back to hot tubs!

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2006, 06:34:41 pm »

Semper Fi

that says it all. big thanks to the men and women that keep us safe, not to mention in hot water  ;D
Marquis dealer

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2006, 07:41:50 pm »
oh, another thing that slipped my mind...if you're REALLY guilt ridden about the money you're potentially going to spend on a tub....start buying generic groceries, shop goodwill and salvation army, and cut out your family vacation(s) for the next year or two.....*wink*
"it's all good"
RIP C-Rod

anne

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2006, 05:22:13 am »
Well, this *is* my vacation for the next year or two, but I admit I'm not feeling the need to buy clothes at Salvation army.......except when I need 70's style halloween costumes.
Dance like nobody's watching

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2006, 11:59:20 am »
I just spent a week in a third world country and it's not as bad as you might be lead to believe.  They are generally happy folks due to the vast amounts of alcohol they consume and the ones we saw were fairly skinny, probably because the constant smoking seems to curb their appetites.

By all means, don't deny yourself the pleasure of owning a spa.  Seeing how well Americans live is what encourages people from third world countries to come here and if they're all here, then they can't be off starving in their own countries.  They can bring their fascinating cultures here for all of us to enjoy.  It all makes perfect sense.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2006, 12:03:44 pm »
wb term, how was the trip?
Marquis dealer

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2006, 12:11:01 pm »
wb term, how was the trip?

It were fine and dandy!  Had a good time, saw interesting sights, met some good mates and sheilas, spent a whole lotta money on crap, walked me bum off, and just reaffirmed that I am fortunate to live in Texas, the greatest place on earth.

I'll tell ya bout it later. ;D

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2006, 12:13:04 pm »

I'll tell ya bout it later. ;D

Terminator

feel free to IM me anything you want to "get off your chest"  ;)
Marquis dealer

Lablover2004

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2006, 02:39:45 pm »
yes I can totally relate to what you are saying.

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2006, 05:54:06 pm »
Best thing to cure buyers remorse and guilt about the hungry poor people is a nice long hit soak. You'll feel a whole lot better.

;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2006, 06:20:43 pm »

that says it all. big thanks to the men and women that keep us safe, not to mention in hot water  ;D

Amen. Just got a few pictures from my nephew in Baghdad.    

If you buy a hot tub, the manufacturer might decide against the layoffs and several of their families might contribute to UNICEF.

Around here, if you want to help feed people overseas, you hit a fast food place.  Half of the money the employees there make ends up in Somailia or Mexico anyway.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2006, 06:20:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42