What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub shield  (Read 17588 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Hot tub shield
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2006, 03:53:46 pm »
Game and Set to the good people of this forum.

The Match is still to be decided.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2006, 03:53:46 pm »

dadofrad

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2006, 06:07:49 pm »
i just got done talking to a couple of attornies. i myself sell recondtioned spas with warranties. most are90 to a year warranty. the attornies that i talk to say that there is no consurmer frod with what i am doing.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2006, 06:31:28 pm »
Of Course not. A dealer of used hot tubs providing a warranty on a used reconditioned hot tub, is just like a carpenter putting a guarentee on his work or a auto mechanic giving you a warranty or guarentee for his workmanship. It was just another comment from Mark (Bill) that people on this forum have questions about. I'm sure if you put a warranty on your used spas, you will uphold it. Dave.

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
hRe: Hot tub shield
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2006, 06:34:00 pm »
Where is Mark I want to hear what his comments are on the remarks posted here

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2006, 07:48:34 pm »
he's the newest member of the Witness Protection Program now. His name has legally been changed to Sylvia Spatholz, and he's in Reno.
RIP C-Rod

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2006, 07:49:05 pm »
Fraud would be taking money for something under false pretences.  How extending a warranty to a used spa is fraud is beyond me.  
Brewman

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2006, 08:12:59 pm »
Mark

Uh Mark, where are you?

Hello!

Oh well, lights out I guess.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2006, 08:37:24 pm »
I am not sure if this applies here or not. but many extended warranties that are offered for autos and that are NOT extensions offered by the manufactures many times become useless, What many people do not understand is that is that when you buy say a 5 year or 75,000 mile extended warranty taking in consideration that most of today's cars come with a 3 year/ 36000 mile warranty what you are really buying is 2 years or 39000 miles the extened starts from day one and in addition the after market company's are not on the hook until the factory expires and many will fold about 3 years after issuing the warranty just about the time the factory expires. I know nothing about this shield warranty but it seems pricey at best and I would question weather or not they will be around for more than 2 or 3 years.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 08:41:05 pm by Mendocino101 »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2006, 08:55:59 pm »
2 or 3 YEARS? He's been on here 2 or 3 days so far, and has apparently gone into hiding after being asked some in depth type questions...that or he's all tuckered out from hot-footin' around town, with the hoardes of people begging for extended coverage for their tub.
When he's had time to relax, have a beer, soak in his hot tub (with the UBER extended warranty thru heat shield or whatever), I'm sure he'll be back to respond to all the questions about his FINE product, and how spending just a few dollars NOW could save you THOUSANDS in the next few years.
RIP C-Rod

uncommonlytasty

• I love my cheep spa
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2006, 08:57:39 pm »
OMG.....I just checked my e-mail and could not believe how many reply notices that I had.  I’m sorry for opening a can of worms.  I did not post the question as a plant.  I visit this forum almost daily but had no idea how much this topic grew from the last time I read it. The only reason that I did not reply originally was because I thought the topic was dead and did not want the bump the post up.  Well, I guess that one has been answered (several times over)  

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2006, 09:54:50 pm »
Much better, stick around for a while, it's a great forum.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2006, 10:39:29 pm »
Mark or Bill,
I know you said you would not post again. But, I think you recieved the benefit of marketing your new company on this forum, but have left everyone here with questions left unanswered. I still do not agree with your statement that a spa dealer that is selling a used spa and offering a gurarentee, is some how breaking a law or is defrauding the public. I have to tell you, I feel much safer buying a used spa from the dealers on this forum, with a 1 year dealer sponsored guarentee, than I do buying a used spa with a warranty from a extended warranty company. Like most people on this site, we have seen these extended warranty sellers come and go. Call me doubting Thomas, but I still have trouble with your claim of 4000 spa service companies that work for you. Your customers and potencial customers that you have been marketing your company to on this forum, should be able to go to your site and click on any state in the union and see the 4000 spa service companies on your  payroll. I believe there to be only about 2000 spa service companies in the country, so even if every company worked for you that would still  fall well short of 4000. How many of these busy service companies would actually want to work for extended warranty companies at a pre-set discounted flat rates and then have to file paper work and wait for companies to hopefully pay them for their time. We get calls from extended warranty companies frequently and like our other local competitors do not except work from any of them. I understand that you sell a insurance product underwritten by TAW, which has been around for a long time, but you speak as if your company has been in the spa warranty business for a long time. It is my understanding that Bill, started the company about three months ago, shortly after he began contacting companies himself, about his new company. I think it is great Bill started a new company, and I wish him all the best in his new endeavor, but you should  tell people about your  new history and put that info on the company profile or about us link on your web site, instead of giving people the impression that Hot Tub Shield has been in the spa warranty business for years, with 4000 techs ready and able to magically show up with 24 hours and fix their spa. Maybe you will address some of theses questions in the future or provide more info on your site for consumers considering your extended warranties. Again, Best of Luck. Dave.

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2006, 11:07:55 pm »
How many of these busy service companies would actually want to work for extended warranty companies at a pre-set discounted flat rates and then have to file paper work and wait for companies to hopefully pay them for their time.  

Amen to that!  Not only do you have the worry of them paying your labor, you also have to worry about reimbursement for the parts that you have already purchased and installed!  I used to be able to tell you the state of the economy, without reading a business journal, by the amount of claims that were rejected for some inane reason or another.  They (TAW) just about shut down my company by denying over $3000 in claims just after 9/11.  You can't include my company in the 4000+ service tech total!  
I'm sure his pitch sounds good to some, but beware, most people I know in the repair business would not touch TAW with a ten foot pole.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2006, 05:05:07 pm »
I'm going to call it a draw. Very proffesional.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2006, 05:05:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42