What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub shield  (Read 17590 times)

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Re: Hot tub shield
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2006, 10:19:43 pm »
Ummmm.....if I put in my $.02 now.....can I get that refunded to me at the end of the year?  ;D
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2006, 10:19:43 pm »

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2006, 10:23:30 pm »
You Betcha T-Lady. With interest.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2006, 11:06:02 pm »
 ;D
RIP C-Rod

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2006, 05:32:33 am »
I have a customer who wants to purchase this warranty today. He needs it quick though as I have to get over there to replace his pump before his tub freezes.

By the way this is a 15 year old Sundance and he wants to keep it going for a few more years. Your warranty is available to him isn't it?
Retired

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2006, 07:11:35 am »
Well, I ran a 'whois' on their registry
here is the results

Domain Name: HOTTUBSHIELD.COM
Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS.VALUEWEB.NET
Name Server: NS2.VALUEWEB.NET
Updated Date: 01-oct-2005
Creation Date: 04-aug-2005
Expiration Date: 04-aug-2006

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
Domain Name: HOTTUBSHIELD.COM
Created on: 04-Aug-05
Expires on: 04-Aug-06
Last Updated on: 13-Aug-05

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration HOTTUBSHIELD.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599

Technical Contact:
Private, Registration HOTTUBSHIELD.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599

Domain servers in listed order:
NS.VALUEWEB.NET
NS2.VALUEWEB.NET

I looked at the web site and could not find the terms and conditions that Mark references.  I did find this though.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Save Money: You’ll always know the cost of every hot tub repair. Never see a costly repair bill.

Minimize Downtime: You’re never without your spa!

Over 4,000 technicians: You never wait for service.

Experienced Service Team: Our telephone support prevents unnecessary service calls.

Common Service Issues: Our standard coverage protects the primary pump and the electronic control pack.

Choice of Coverage: From standard coverage to “bumper-to-bumper” you choose the plan that’s right for you and your spa.

Expertise: The knowledge, experience and professionalism to get your hot tub back into expert working order. Always have peace of mind and order your Hot Tub Shield Protection Plan by utilizing our easy order form. Professional spa service is only a phone call or email away!

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

I'm not sure that a company that has been around for six months is where I want to send my hard earned bucks.
Can they really set up 4000 technicians in that amount of time and find out which ones are good and which are bad.

Bottom line, we are all in business or work to make money and as consumers we want to save money or at least think that we got a good deal.  I don't buy the extended warranties when I buy anything.  If I did buy a hot tub warranty from my local dealer who assured me that he was going to honour it through the life of the deal, then I would at least know that the guy has to stand up for what he sells to keep a good name in town.

So Mark, show us the link to the terms and conditions and provide some proof that your company is any less fraudulent than a dealer that is selling his own warranty.  Does your company belong to any organization of insurers, etc.

It's a free country and I can invite you to leave our forum

Steve

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2006, 07:56:31 am »
Further information can be obtained by contacting us directly at www.hot tubshield.com or by email address to mark@hottubshield.com

::)Lame.  Just...Lame.  ::) Just answer the questions.  How do you think the spa consumers would react if they asked about Sundance spas and I said..."go to Sundance's website.  All the information is right there."?

There will always be questions, that is why these forums are great.   You can get MOSTLY unbiased opinions and facts that you cannot find at a dealership/website.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 07:57:03 am by SerjicalStrike »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2006, 08:56:23 am »
...It's a free country and I can invite you to leave our forum

I wouldn't be too harsh on the guy.  The question was raised by a member asking about the service.  The question  could have been a "plant", but regardless, I think it's a legit topic.  

The forum guidelines state:

The message board/reviews section are not a forum for advertising/marketing  
your products or services. ¾WhatsTheBest.net?s administrators and moderators  
will be the final word in determining what constitutes advertising. ¾The  
standard may vary between product groups and with time.  

Note to retailers/manufacturers: ¾You may display an email address that has  
your business URL listed and/or note the company you work for in your  
profile if you link to the WhatsTheBest.net home page of the product in  
question from your company?s primary home page. ¾Permission to enter into  
this arrangement will be decided on a case by case by WhatsTheBest.net  
administrators/moderators.  

Mark is boardering on this, but since the question about the company he represents was asked, I think it's fair that he respond.

Overall, I'm thrilled when our group of hot tub nuts gets a visit from a vendor  that  can directly  tell us about thier product.

Some of the tone of his replies I didn't care for, but that's his choice.  I don't think he should be asked to leave. I think it would put him in the best light if he did answer the questions asked.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 08:56:40 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2006, 09:12:55 am »
Since he chose to start posting only when his product got mentioned, I doubt he'd stick around much after this thread dies out, anyway.  I don't see that he's done anything to merit banning.

IMHO
his product  doesn't offer any value, his own comportment on this thread shows a lack of professionalism that would also raise a red flag with me wanting to give his company any money, and the web sites not freely disclosing the limitations on their program doesn't sit well with me either.  
Plus the math just doesn't add up- By the time you pay the $300 for the plan mentioned, or up over $400 for other one year plans, and add on the $30 fee to use the plan after you've already paid for it, you almost just break even on that mythical $500 repair he keeps tossing out there.  So what have your really gained?

Brewman

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2006, 11:20:37 am »
To me its very scary. New start up spa insurance companies taking a lot of money up front, from posssibly thousands of consumers, against possible repairs 2 and 3 years from now. The consumer has to hope that the company will still be around if and when their spa actually breaks. I also, question the statement of 4000 techs waiting to serve them. I have been a spa tech for 20 years now and I do not think there are 4000 spa techs in United States. I live in New Jersey, the most populated state in America, per square mile and there are only about 18  spa techs in the entire state. I know the techs throughout  New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania, as I am Spa Tech Instructor in my region. There may be 2000 spa techs in the country which equates to about 40 techs per state. I think even that number is high. Dave.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 11:21:35 am by NJDave »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2006, 11:35:27 am »
And just how many of them will be jumping at the chance to do service for this company?  Don't they brag about getting labor discounts?  
Would a busy spa tech agree to work for a discount?  

This reminds me a lot of those home warranty companies- they have similar plans, costs, and deductibles.  But all you ever hear about those companies is when the go under or get sued.
Brewman

Chris_H

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2006, 11:57:26 am »
Something that I know a lot about is insurance.  I actually just got back from London on business dealing with re-insurers and had some meetings at the Lloyd’s building.  

Due to the fact that the Hottub Shield is a Nevada Insurance Company (or at least it appears this way), consumers should be able to search the Nevada Department of Insurance’s website for licensed insurance companies.  

My search came up empty.  I looked under the name hottubshield.com.  Hopefully, Mark at the Hottub Shield can tell us the name of his company that is licensed under the state of Nevada (or another state/name) so we can all do a search.  I also searched the Pennsylvania Department of Insurance’s site as well and came up empty.  

Here is the link to find out if a company is licensed in Nevada to sell insurance.  http://www.nvinsurancealert.com/search/index.php
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 11:58:20 am by Chris_H »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2006, 01:51:08 pm »
There was also mention of Arizona somewhere.  
Maybe that's where they're domiciled.
I'm also in the insurance industry, and my company has to be appointed by any state insurance department in which we do business.  And we're in all 50 states.
(Even NY!)

Wonder if warranty companies have the same requirement?  To be licensed by each state in which the solicit business.  
Brewman

SerjicalStrike

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2006, 02:35:58 pm »
The insurance company is TAW, or Television and Appliance warranty, Inc.  There are many companies that use TAW.  TAW is the main company, places like hottubshield.com are just the marketing side of it.  

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2006, 03:03:54 pm »
so the 4000 techs they have may not all hot tub techs?
07 Caldera Geneva

SerjicalStrike

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2006, 03:19:55 pm »
I don't know.  That would be a good thing for the hotubshield guy to answer.  

So, here are the questions he should provide answers for, not a link to a website.

1) Are the 4000 techs all hot tub techs?  Or are they just techs that are affilliated with TAW?

2) How is a company offering a warranty on a used spa commting fraud?

3) Is there a COMPLETE terms and regulations page on the website?  Is the BASIC terms the same thing?  If the basic is different than the complete, please post a link.  

There are many people here that have questions, and many of them have the same questions.  To ask all of them to email you kind of defeats the purpose of a web forum.   You can answer the questions for these folks all in one shot.  Rather than email after email.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2006, 03:19:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42