What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub shield  (Read 17591 times)

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
Re: Hot tub shield
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 11:59:45 am »

The terms and conditions page is on our website.

Mark @ Hot Tub Shield

Could you post a link or pm me a link?  I personally do not see anything wrong with this program, especially on used tubs.  Some companies that sell used spas might use your company as a way to sell their used spas with a warranty.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 11:59:45 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2006, 12:00:23 pm »
 Some dealers and techs do not like working with us because the prefer collecting the out of warranty labor charge and part mark-up direct from the consumer.  Which can run from $100 to $800.

Correct.  If  a dealer didnt sell me the warrenty and agree with it's terms, why should they even honer it when you call them up and say "Will you fix Drewstars pump? We'll give you $50)?

???
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 12:02:10 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Mark@hotTubShield

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2006, 12:16:11 pm »
We would never call them in the first place if they did not want to participate in our program or in our service net. ÊLess money for them unfortunately. ÊWe have to go around them and give the service work to another tech/dealer.

Mark
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 02:52:22 am by admin »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2006, 12:21:46 pm »
Right. That's a concern for me as a consumer.  Like with a car, I'd want the dealer to do the work and not be told It's being farmed out to Joes garage because they are the only ones willing to work for that price or even acknowledge your exisitance as a provider.

On the purchase of a new tub, I'd only even consider an extended warrenty if it was supported by the dealer. (I don't want to get involved in the details of who is paying and participating and such).

However, on a used tub, this might be something of value.

/don't like extended warrenties anyhow.   ;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 12:23:15 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2006, 12:32:52 pm »
Ending my restraint on this subject........................ ;D

Approximately how long after a manufacturers warranty expires can one expect to need to replace their $800 spa pack??? If not within 2 years, you've spent over $900 on insurance for a $800 dollar repair.

Some people like, AND want various forms of optional insurance and extended warranties. Personally, the less I can get away with (some, such as auto and business insurance is required), the happier I am. I understand that insurance and extended warranties are PROFITABLE for the companies selling it. Take yourself Mark. You derive an income from selling this hot tub insurance. That means that of the $300 annual cost, LESS than $300 (on average) goes into repairs, and some of the remainder, into your pocket as income. you have dealers sell these "policies" as well? Are they not also getting a commission, a part of the annual $300?

Did you know that the extended warranties sold by the big box electronic stores are at least 50% profit? That means, that on AVERAGE, the cost of repairs to your item will be 1/2 the cost of that extended warranty.

On the other hand, the idea of adding the warranty to a used spa sold by a dealer is a brilliant marketing idea........... though I think most dealers offering used spas already add their own warranty.

As I said earlier, there are those that want and feel they need every type of insurance available. This too is the type of insurance that can give those type the piece of mind they desire.

Brewman, I've paid homeowners insurance for over 15 years, and never a claim. Am I out all that I paid? Should I cancel the insurance?  ;D

Mark, you say "$500+ repair bills are staring the consumer in the face?".... And I ask, how many years have they been out of warranty before needing this repair? If 2 or more, well, you see the better deal.

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2006, 01:27:09 pm »

Used hot tub dealers that "cover" their own warranties are commiting fraud.

Not disagreeing with you,  but how so?
07 Caldera Geneva

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2006, 01:46:25 pm »
As a woman.....previously a single mom (12 years)....truck driver....Mark, I'm going to say this simple, sweet and clear. (for me, anyhow...translations available for a modest fee....)
I've been screwed over at car dealerships...I even got the "You can drive stick? No kidding....." line at one....I feel that anyone needs BS scare tactics to buy a GOOD, SOLID insurance package on most high ticket items. If your plan is reasonable, makes sense immediately, doesn't have the fine print or "exclusions" all over the place, and all at a good price?....it'll sell itself with VERY little bragging and hawking.
No one here needs extended insurance plans shoved down their throat. If someone asks about it being available, I think we'll all remember you.....now, if s/he gets sent YOUR direction or not........*shrug* I'm only part time fortune teller, and I left my crystal ball under my bed, next to my tact, sorry.
I'm going to keep my cash available to make any repairs myself, and if the tub starts to nickle and dime me? I'm selling it. See? No insurance needed there, and I saved $300. (Homeowners insurance should cover most of the reasons I'd make a claim, anyhow.)
Have a nice day.
RIP C-Rod

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2006, 02:00:31 pm »
The fact that you are too lazy to read a website and take a moment to understand what we do and how we help hot tub consumers and the entire industry should not put our honesty and integrity in question.

Mark @ Hot Tub Shield

I bet comments like that close a lot of deals. Makes me wanna buy all kinds of products from you.  (insert one of those smilies with the eyes rolling).

Sorry, I'm too lazy to use emoticons.

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2006, 02:02:04 pm »
I feel that anyone needs BS scare tactics to buy a GOOD, SOLID insurance package on most high ticket items. .

leave it to me to screw up my own stuff. *sigh*
NO ONE needs BS scare tactics......there we go.
RIP C-Rod

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2006, 02:07:59 pm »
You can just hit the modify button and edit your posts when you are done.  ;)

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2006, 02:19:33 pm »
Too lazy for that too, after all, I am a city employee.

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2006, 03:01:43 pm »
I would've modified and edited.....but I think it was a bit before I saw my screw up, and just wanted it known that I'm not a complete idiot....just a part time one. ;)
RIP C-Rod

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2006, 03:59:39 pm »
I'm waiting for a response on this one too. How is it that I am perpetuating fraud when I sell a used hot tub and offer a warranty? I'll restate what I said before, this seems to be a great money maker for the dealer/service companies.

Not disagreeing with you,  but how so?

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2006, 08:16:37 pm »
I like the idea of offering an extended warranty...I also like the idea of offering a used spa warrantee that a customer can purchase. What I don't like is giving that revenue stream to someone out of my control for how they handle the payout...

I think we would be better off charging the customer for the warranty, putting the money in an account specifically set up to honor that warranty and then cashing out on it if there is anything left after the term. If it works for you it should work for me. After all your not covering anything that can’t be replaced to my knowledge. Your covering some labor, and removable components not the shell or structure.

Some of them will be profitable some will not but the ability to make a customer more comfortable is what matters. If I do a good job on referb and selecting new product to sell than I should be able amortize the fund in a way that is profitable in addition to the extra sales I get from the higher comfort level.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2006, 08:42:17 pm »
Like Wisoki,
I am waiting for a response from Mark as to why, if a dealer who sells a used hot tub and provides the customer with a warranty from themselves, is committing a fraud. I am offended by your remarks. I sell new spas and I also refurbish and sell used or trade-in spas. As a promise to our customers, we back every one of our used spas up with a written guarentee, varying from 90 days to One Year. Parts and Labor are covered 100% should any repair be needed. Our customers get a spa with a low price and get piece of mind. Tell me where the fraud is in that Mark. You and the original poster have used this forum to promote your new venture and thats fine.  The folks on this forum, a mixture of consumers, dealers, techs and factory reps, are simply giving their opinions or two cents worth to your protection plan and your advertising posts. If a spa comes with a five year manufacturers warranty and a customer decides to purchase you plan for the years 6, 7 and 8 at a cost of $900, they are out that money if no repairs are required. If a pump goes at cost of$450, they are out are still $450 in the hole. Or if a $800 control head goes bad, they are still out $100 + a $29.00 service call fee. Most of us, would take our chances after the manufacturers 5 Year warranty has expired, while I'm sure others would opt for the insurance policy. Is it true that Bill B, the owner of what was Adventure Spas is with your firm?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 09:59:23 pm by NJDave »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2006, 08:42:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42