What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: If money was no object ?  (Read 10053 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: If money was no object ?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 08:11:57 pm »
Hey guys, your probably lusting after 12 YO's. I know by your statements you don't realize that most gymnists in the olympics are under 15.

Of course if you do relize that ... I hope the nice police men here visit you guys soon!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 08:11:57 pm »

Brookenstein

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2006, 10:06:59 pm »
Hey guys, your probably lusting after 12 YO's. I know by your statements you don't realize that most gymnists in the olympics are under 15.

Of course if you do relize that ... I hope the nice police men here visit you guys soon!

Vinny, those weren't gymnists they are curlers... and they are 24 and 25.   :)

Edited to add:  And HOT!!!   ;D
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 10:07:35 pm by Brookenstein »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2006, 05:24:49 pm »

Whoa Vinny, where did that come from?  That is so way off base.  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2006, 06:00:48 pm »
Hey Bill,

I thought that was a picture of gymnists ... sorry!

I had no clue about women's curling.  I also forgot to add the "  ;D " in the thread.

Vinny

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2006, 07:05:15 pm »
I'd be divorced!     ;D  ;D  ;D

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2006, 07:17:18 pm »
I'll be tortured for this one.  There are only 4 comfortable seats in a Maxxus.  If you want to truly fit 5 or six adults.  The Maxxus is a fully featured flagship model, but it is not designed for 5-6 comfortable.  True it has 6 seats, but if you look closely, two are high seats for a very small rear indeed.  The 4 major seats are very wide and spacious, but not a great group hot tub. IMO.

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2006, 07:18:30 pm »
Optima would be better at seating up to six people.  

Orthofunk

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2006, 12:34:25 am »
I'll be tortured for this one.  There are only 4 comfortable seats in a Maxxus.  If you want to truly fit 5 or six adults.  The Maxxus is a fully featured flagship model, but it is not designed for 5-6 comfortable.  True it has 6 seats, but if you look closely, two are high seats for a very small rear indeed.  The 4 major seats are very wide and spacious, but not a great group hot tub. IMO.

I'll put in another vote for the Maxxus... and disagree with Kyle.  The two high seats he is referring to are the "cool down" seats.  In social situations with 5-6 people, these tend to be the seats people migrate to... especially if the jets are on.  From these seats you can get away from the jets and the heat for awhile... and they're much easier to enjoy a drink from!

oldersparepairguy

• Take the gun, leave the cannolis
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2006, 08:36:38 am »
The Maxxus holds 95 more gallons of water than the Optima, so it is slightly more expensive to maintain (more water/more chemicals). I like the fact that it has two aquterrace's (fancy name for waterfall). The earlier model Maxxus had a design feature allowing it to be used for aquatherapy (exercising in the water). I see no mention of this on the current model shown on the website. Did they discontinue this feature? It was just a couple of poles that clipped into the side walls, and then you diverted all power to large jets at one end of the spa, and simulated rowing against the current. I know it may sound lame, but I have a senior citizen customer who bought a Maxxus just for this reason, and it is part of her daily routine. She says its the only way she can get exercise with her arthritic joints, and says her early morning workout helps her arthritis feel better all day.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2006, 08:44:30 am »
I'm gonna change my answer....the GL dealer up the road's leaving a BAD taste in my mouth toward the product, service, etc.....The HS/Jacuzzi dealer, however...AWESOME. I'm going to say that if I can get really creative on the finances, we're going to shoot for a HS Grandee...it's the most comfortable tub I've sat in (including the GL that we were going to buy), the only thing that kept me from considering it is the topic here...it was a bit out of our price range, which might NOT be an issue now.....
RIP C-Rod

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2006, 08:47:08 am »
I am stretching my memory here, but I thought I read something about SD discontinuing this feature because of health risks associated with exercising in hot water.  I am sure this would mean a more strenuous workout than what someone with arthritis would be doing.

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2006, 08:55:55 am »
There are no receptacles for oars or poles in my tub...

Orthofunk

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2006, 12:26:10 pm »
The Maxxus holds 95 more gallons of water than the Optima, so it is slightly more expensive to maintain (more water/more chemicals). I like the fact that it has two aquterrace's (fancy name for waterfall). The earlier model Maxxus had a design feature allowing it to be used for aquatherapy (exercising in the water). I see no mention of this on the current model shown on the website. Did they discontinue this feature? It was just a couple of poles that clipped into the side walls, and then you diverted all power to large jets at one end of the spa, and simulated rowing against the current. I know it may sound lame, but I have a senior citizen customer who bought a Maxxus just for this reason, and it is part of her daily routine. She says its the only way she can get exercise with her arthritic joints, and says her early morning workout helps her arthritis feel better all day.

Sundance scrapped this feature and redesigned the tub in 2005.

rick

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2006, 12:43:43 pm »
I'd probably get Master's model  LSX1050FST

That's 600 gallons of 7 man spa,  with a 17" flatscreen tv.

It's the spa that is used at Camp David.

It's TP too!  :)

hymbaw

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2006, 03:36:21 pm »

If money was no object I think 145 gallons per person is ideal ;D   There's no "accidental" touching in a Maxxus!
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2006, 03:36:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42