What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New direction...wish I were tactful...  (Read 10712 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: New direction...wish I were tactful...
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2006, 12:15:17 pm »
Tatt

May I be frank?

I don't know what to tell you about refunding any money down on the Great Lakes tub.  If you sigend a contract you are bound by it. However at the dealers discreation he may let you out of it.

What has caught my attention is, I get the impression that you really haven't researched the tubs and thier features and whats available in the market.

I know you got the GL deal after a quick trip to the store for some aquirium sand, and now you have questins, and possible regrets.

I'd like to see you get the the tub that's right for you, andyou know what you are getting and not getting before signing on the dotted line.

I sincerely recomend that before you do any serious shopping, take some time to think about the features and qualities you want.  Put togethor a budget, perhaps discuss you plans here and then start to serious look around at all the hot tubs that are available in your area, do some wet testing and share your thoughts here.

:D
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2006, 12:15:17 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2006, 12:19:35 pm »
SoCal, I am laughing so hard, the tears are flying. I don't know why but your post was sooo funny to me.
I have a feeling that when t-lady got edited for saying the "b" word (pregnant dog), it set some kind of editing thing in motion and your shirt was picked up as being tee  sh##. Haaaa ha, That is just so funny....I must be silly but that is so funny!!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 12:29:14 pm by Bonibelle »
Support your dealer so they can support you!

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2006, 12:34:56 pm »
bonie,

ty for laughing at my pain  ;) ;D i didnt even catch it at 1st. but when i checked the newer posts i was like "whooaaaaaa hold on here". i just wanted to make clear that i was indeed trying to say "tee shirt" and not the "other" item lol.
glad i could make ya laugh, even if it was by accident lol
Marquis dealer

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2006, 12:38:38 pm »
not that it matters.......i generally dress in t-shi*t & jeans when shopping. more so for higher end items. if they dont talk/ackowledge me, i walk. im a big believer in respecting the person, not their dress.

Look closely.  Your post doesn't say T-nuts or T-shirt.  Maybe you ned to start there.

By the way, this is a T-nut.

When you wear t-nuts, just where exactly do you put them?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 12:39:30 pm by Snowbird »
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2006, 12:52:44 pm »
oh my, have you ever had something just hit you as so funny that you can't stop laughing? this is crazy but for some reason it is so funny to me! I can just imagine your expression Socal when you saw your post with t nut...I need a life!!!! T-Lady, sorry, your post was serious and I didn't mean to detract from it. I hope you get things worked out because it sure doesn't seem fair to have to lose your deposit since the tub is on the floor and it wasn't special ordered. If you approach the manager in a nice way and tell them that you just reacted too fast and didn't realize all that was involved with installing a hot tub. Maybe if they seem reluctant you could ask if they would refund your deposit if they are able to find another buyer within a month. I think that would be reasonable. Or you could say, I know you may not want to refund my deposit, but would you consider giving me a store credit for my chemicals (or fish tank things) I find you have a better chance of persuading someone when you start with a positive approach and then get creative.  Good luck...

spaceguy

• Hey!
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2006, 01:34:27 pm »
  Did you use a credit card for down payment?

If so, you may have better recourse through your credit card company getting your deposit back.

I had a bad dealer cause me problems last year when I was shopping.  I went to one place after taking to him at a home show.  I looked and was interested in one model... He told me I needed to fill out a credit application to be "pre-qualified" and thus he could give me a better deal.  I did, and didn't think too much about it although I had not heard that one before.  I asked and was told nothing would be charged until I bought and took delivery...

I wanted to wet test the spa but then he had a long song and dance about not wanting to fill with water, heat them, etc, etc...He had ONE space out of approx 20 filled and it was not heated.  I said okay and went on my way figuring if he could not let anyone wet test, he wasn't serious about selling...

Approx 45 days later I get a bill in the mail for $10,000!  I didn't know why. Here he had charged a spa to this account and when I called he said he was waiting to deliver it!!  I wrote the credit card finance co.. No answer.  I wrote again and called the local office of the credit card finance co. The lady on the phone hooked us up in a three way call and told the merchant he knows he cannot charge to an account UNTIL A SPA IS DELIVERED... He admitted I had not bought and taken delivery of a spa...I thought things were cleared up but it was from April to Dec to get the account cleared up, back to a zero balance, and closed.  

Now in the meantime I am having to dispute things with the credit bureau as the finance company showed I am 90 days or more late, affecting my credit score.. all on an account I never opened or used..

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2006, 01:38:25 pm »
Although it is too late for drewstar to be frank ;D, he is correct.  It appears to be the dealer's option to return your deposit or keep it.

From what you have described, they don't seem like the kind of people to return a deposit unless there something in it for them...  like perhaps a future sale to replace this lost one.  If tell them you want out to go buy another brand they will look at your deposit as a gift.  

Some might say that it's their right, but a good dealer is more interested in a future sale and a good reputation than a few free bucks.

That is why I suggested you tell them something that would leave open a possibility of a future sale.  If you had special ordered it I would recommend you throw yourself on the dealer's mercy.

Here is what my dealer did for me when I was having buyer's remorse.

We did our measurements and tests and bought (ordered) a 8 ft square J385.  As we built the hot tub room addition I was beginning to get worried about the size of the tub versus the size of the room.

After the tub was in but not delivered we finally had 3 of the walls and the ceiling built.  We had to leave one wall open to get the tub in.  When the sheathing went on the studs the room began to look very small after laying out for that big tub.

Two days before delivery, I got the tape out again and had another panic attack. I called the dealer and explained the situation and asked if I could get the 365 instead of the 385.  They were perfectly willing to do it except the 365 had been sold and we would have to wait a couple months for the next one.

But she said she would see what she could do.  She worked a deal that would get me the 365, put the 385 on the floor and get the other customers the next 365.  But before she finalized it she called me and asked us to be sure.  SWMBO and I talked it out and decided to stay with the original deal since it was a problem we created.  In the end the size was no problem and I was worried needlessly.

But the dealer certainly earned my respect.  I couldn't have asked for better service.  They actually cared alot about my satisfaction.  As a result, I recommend them whenever somebody asks.  

http://spashowcase.com/

Good luck

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2006, 01:50:02 pm »
AS bonnie suggested, a store credit might be doable.
07 Caldera Geneva

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2006, 02:27:40 pm »

Look closely.  Your post doesn't say T-nuts or T-shirt.  Maybe you ned to start there.

By the way, this is a T-nut.

When you wear t-nuts, just where exactly do you put them?

ok, situation solved.....lousy typos  ;D
ill be in the corner if anyone needs me
Marquis dealer

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2006, 02:31:57 pm »
I need you...I am still laughing... Hey if we pay extra can we get spell check on here?

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2006, 04:57:57 pm »
Tattoo

I havent read through all of your replies, and other notes, but have you backed out of this tub?

I'm working on it....haven't gone to the GL dealership yet, had to get some things straight at the HS/Jacuzzi place first.....
RIP C-Rod

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2006, 09:15:08 pm »
Tatt
May I be frank?
What has caught my attention is, I get the impression that you really haven't researched the tubs and thier features and whats available in the market.
I know you got the GL deal after a quick trip to the store for some aquirium sand, and now you have questins, and possible regrets.

I'd like to see you get the the tub that's right for you, andyou know what you are getting and not getting before signing on the dotted line.

I sincerely recomend that before you do any serious shopping, take some time to think about the features and qualities you want.  Put togethor a budget, perhaps discuss you plans here and then start to serious look around at all the hot tubs that are available in your area, do some wet testing and share your thoughts here.

:D

drewstar,
1) you can be frank only if he doesn't complain.
2)Budget isn't so much my concern, I'm shopping in about the $6-$7k range, which leaves me with options. The concern was the integrity of the people I was dealing with, and the more I read on here about people that are fortunate enough to have a dealer that bends over backwards for them, the more I got to thinking about my level of discomfort with the one I was dealing with.
I like the GL tub, and if I felt I could trust the dealer to service it later without my feeling like I'm disrupting their lives in the pursuit of customer satisfaction, I'd be good to go. This, however isn't the case.
So I found another local shop, and I've managed to speak extensively with a couple of the employees there, and have found "spa store nirvana" in their low pressure sales style. I also went back today for another look at the lineup that they've got in stock, gave them another dry-sit (the wet test will maybe be this weekend), just to see what my impressions were today as opposed to yesterday.
I found that by realizing no two brands will feel the same, and keeping in mind that with water comes quite a bit of weightlessness, that my options opened up a bit.
I don't feel that there's a "perfect tub" for me in our price range, but I DO think we could buy any one of several and be quite happy in the long run. I realize I won't be getting a Grandee, or top of the line 400 series Jacuzzi, or this, that or the other..no stereo, no tv, no jets that make dinner after they've done the wash....I'm alright with that, I just want a comfortable tub to hold hot water, and jets that work to relieve some MAJOR stress points for myself and my husband.
Not to be long-winded on this post (for a change it's accidental! ;) ), but I'd like a nice, middle of the road tub for us that is backed by people that give a darn, and don't think I'm being unreasonable by demanding that.

:)
RIP C-Rod

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2006, 09:36:56 pm »
I've gotta tell you...I looked at Jacuzzi after years of telling myself it was going to be a Hotspring tub I bought.  I LOVED them!!  I was sold on the 385, then the salesman mentioned Jacuzzi's "higher end" line called Sundance.  Went home, checked out the website, saw the Maxxus, checked it out; LOVED it ;D ...mostly because of larger size and better sound system.  I just went back to Jacuzzi's site to peek at the 375, and I'm sure you'll love it too.  I think you're on the right track with looking for a dealer who places high importance on customer service.  I'm a bit of an impulse buyer...did a lot of research in a short time (much as you are) and pulled the trigger. No regrets here 8)

Happy hunting!!

Steve

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2006, 07:53:16 am »
 I just went back to Jacuzzi's site to peek at the 375, and I'm sure you'll love it too.  I think you're on the right track with looking for a dealer who places high importance on customer service.  I'm a bit of an impulse buyer...did a lot of research in a short time (much as you are) and pulled the trigger. No regrets here 8)

Thanks, Steve! Ya know.....even the 345 felt good, only differences being no lounger (my son really really really wants a lounger... *sigh*), a little smaller unit, and 36" deep instead of 38". I think with my hubby's 6'3 frame, the 2" MIGHT make a little difference in HIS comfort level, so I'm shooting for the 375, if it's still available when our money comes through.....if it's sold by then (floor model, discount, you know the story), I'll have to have a "plan b" in my back pocket......shouldn't be TOO hard to do....there are a few tubs around that price that seemed comfy. :)
RIP C-Rod

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2006, 08:10:44 am »
T-Lady,

I am 6'7" and I can tell you that your hubby will greatly appreciate the 38" deep model.  It was one of the selling points for the 385 over the other models.  I notice that the new 400 series tubs are advertising 44 inches high.  The seats might be 40 inches deep.

As to the lounge, he probably won't enjoy it that much.  His feet will extend past the foot/calf jets and into the other seat.  If he is wider than the wrist jets most likely they will be covered by his thighs.

A shorter smaller person should enjoy the seat.

We did not like the 365 since it had the foot well.  While we like the foot massage we felt that the dome in the middle of the floor interferred with movement and could be a little dangerous IMHO.  The 385 has an unobstructed foot well since the foot jets are mounted on the sides.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2006, 08:10:44 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42