What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: opinions please  (Read 3156 times)

spahungry

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
opinions please
« on: February 18, 2006, 09:42:31 pm »
would you buy a great spa from a so so dealer or a so so spa from a great dealer.

Hot Tub Forum

opinions please
« on: February 18, 2006, 09:42:31 pm »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Re: opinions please
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 09:43:55 pm »
define 'so so'.....if it's junk, it'll give you trouble all around.....but if it's middle of the road and you have a GREAT dealer.....then the dealer will stand behind you if trouble should arise.....
RIP C-Rod

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 09:55:21 pm »
I would buy a great spa from a good dealer or a good spa from a great dealer.  I don't think I would by a so so anything from a so so anyone.

luvmytub

• Just a completely ingnorant newbie owner, 05 Envoy
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 11:39:52 pm »
Well said, Tony.
Go Bobby Labonte!  #43...Let's go racin'!

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 11:42:31 pm »
I think when you are looking at the high end tubs, it eliminates the so so product.  So now you just have to find the right fit and a dealer you like and feel comfortable with.

So ultimately, Great product, great dealer.  Luxury in my opinion does not have a so so option

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 01:33:09 am »
Ditto here.  
Not the place to accept either.
Brewman

jim97219

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 02:20:12 am »
Is your definition of a "so so dealer" based on how the salesperson has treated you?  If so, I don't think I'd worry too much.  Once you've bought the tub, you really won't have a lot of dealings with that person again.  
Plus there's always turnover in them and he/she may not even be there a month from now.  But you're right, how the salesperson treats you is a reflection of the company in general.  

The question now becomes is your opinion based on the service department. That might be reason to think twice about using that dealer because they're the ones you'll have to deal with should there be a problem.

I'd suggest talking with the service manager and see what you think of him/her.  That person will set the stage for most of your future dealings with the company.  You really should be comfortable with them and their staff.

Jim

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2006, 07:27:11 am »
There are so many good spas on the market and enough dealers that it shouldn't be too hard to buy a great spa from a great dealer.

Why accept anything less for your money?
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

jnsjr58

• Do like the smart piggy... build it with brick!!
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2006, 12:46:23 pm »
 Yesterday I went to a Emerald spa dealer( their web site stinks, but the spas are GREAT) and just by  luck the owner was away and the service tech was holding down the fort. I learned sooooooo much from this guy, not only about their spa but the many "Trade ins" they had on hand. A whole slew of brands, in various stages of decay. Anyway I would suggest fining out if your dealer has a "In house"( guys on their actual payroll) service crew. If you can, talk to these guys, as with any business, the guys in the trenches know better than anybody whats really going on.

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2006, 01:03:19 pm »
I agree with you 100 percent.  The service tech at my dealer holds down the fort on Sundays.  When I went thru the change between my SA reward and the Epic, Rich was the one who helped me the most.  He was down to earth and wasn’t the typical “salesperson”.  He explained more about the tub than the sales guy could have.  If anybody ever asks me about my tub or for a referral, I will definitely tell them to go in on a Sunday.  In fact, if it weren’t for the service and personality of my techs (Dennis & Rich) when I had my first Marquis, I may have looked elsewhere for my second tub.
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2006, 01:03:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42