What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need some insight / opinions  (Read 1920 times)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Need some insight / opinions
« on: February 14, 2006, 08:11:37 pm »
Is anyone familiar or have experience with Pacific Spas by Aber? It's a Canadian brand out of Surrey, BC (and you can keep the "surrey, never heard of them" responses to yourself! ;) )

Thanks all,

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

Need some insight / opinions
« on: February 14, 2006, 08:11:37 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Need some insight / opinions
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 08:30:31 pm »
Last time I answered this for you was on Doc's board and told you based on my shopping experience Hydopool seemed to be a low end spa  ???, I ain't answering this time ;D

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 03:20:07 pm »
Pacific has just in the last few years started doing some things to get better... They are still a long way from being considered an upper end spa simply because of history of longevity and warranty performance.

Several of the positive things they have done in the last few years are things that they've attempted to copy from larger manufactures. I will say that I like them a whole lot better than I did in the past.

We have no problem competing against them with Marquis and D1 because of market position, innovations that both companies have created themselves and earned, warranty and because of shipping - price.

This is one of the statements on the Pacific upper end warranty that we are able to overcome with either D1 or Marquis...

All other factory-installed components including but not limited to the cabinet (Both wood and synthetic), mechanical and/or plastic components, jets, diverter valves and ozonators are warranted against malfunction due to defects in workmanship and materials for one year component replacement and 90 days replacement labor, from the date of sale.

I also found their siding to be kind of fragile. Price for price I think they will lose in these things and in a wet test with many other products as will just about any company that relies on borrowed technology and features without paying the price for their own engineering.

Here is an example…when you get in a D1 spa most people wouldn’t know that they didn’t have 56 frame pumps with the sheer power of the jets yet they don’t, they engineer they hydro side of the operation to perform the best with the most sensible motor not just the biggest and best sales story. This is how most companies that have a R and D dept work. Companies like Pacific have the sales dept dictate the Research and Development along with make the engineering decisions.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 09:34:40 pm »
I know where you can find a Surrey with fringe on top!!!

;D ::)

(I couldn't resist!!!)

:-*  I haven't given you a hard time in a very long time!!! :-*
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 09:34:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42